09-Nov-2009 - Champions� Challenge Update and Hairstyles

Toad

I have mixed feelings about this update. Of course, some of them are great, little things which will improve the gameplay, but won't have a huge impact (like the slayer update).

However, I'm quite negative about the vials update. Seems like a classical case of treating the symptoms (too high prices) instead of the disease/cause (too much money in the economy).

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that superheating has been nerfed

The queue update also slowed down superheating by a speed factor of 1

so instead of being able to superheat an ore every 1.2 seconds, you can only do it every 1.8 seconds

in other words superheating is 50% slower

havent tested this with lunar plank making, but perhaps this means it has been nerfed as well

Naaxi.png

09-Nov-2009 - Champions Challenge Update and Hairstyles

We've created a handful of item packs for some shops, similar to the box of spirit shards. In certain shops, you can now buy the whole stock of eyes of newt, empty or water-filled vials, raw bird meat, and empty baskets or sacks in one go.Win

We've added a confirmation when casting High Alchemy on items with a Grand Exchange value of 500,000gp or higher. This should prevent the accidental alching of those expensive items.Win

Slayer Masters have now been given a right-click Get-task option to speed things up a bit. You can also find out how many more kills you need with a right-click option on enchanted gems, which will even work if you are currently in combat. Finally, gargoyles have a new Smash option when they're near death to allow you to more easily finish them off with a rock hammer. Win but sadly I'm 99 slayer and I don't plan to do more <_<

The fairy ring network has been given an auto-dial feature. Youll still need to discover each fairy ring destination to put in your log, but once there they can be simply clicked on to input the code for you.auto-win

Yanille has had more points of entry added to it in the form of a new ladder and doorway.Sounds win

Not much content but great update!

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

so instead of being able to superheat an ore every 1.2 seconds, you can only do it every 1.8 seconds

havent tested this with lunar plank making, but perhaps this means it has been nerfed as well

That's a bummer. I was just thinking of doing some superheating for cheap mage/smith xp.

The majority of the little fixes make me very happy. Some nice work.

I just hope this wasn't the Slayer update we've been waiting for. I know I'm not the only one hoping for a range equivalent of the black mask. :ohnoes:

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

That's a bummer. I was just thinking of doing some superheating for cheap mage/smith xp.

I just hope this wasn't the Slayer update we've been waiting for. I know I'm not the only one hoping for a range equivalent of the black mask. :ohnoes:

And mage. :pray:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

And mage. :pray:

Oh!--True true!

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Few things I noticed in the Patch Notes (thought they prolly don't mean anything)

Lots of updates with

Varrock Museum and Agility.

Meh idk is interesting.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Psh, this update isn't even qualify as an upgrayedd. It's just a crapload of patch notes. Halloween, off week, and this. Boy aren't we rolling in the updates for the past couple of week. I feel bad for anyone who might've bought members for a month after the last Diary was released.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Psh, this update isn't even qualify as an upgrayedd. It's just a crapload of patch notes. Halloween, off week, and this. Boy aren't we rolling in the updates for the past couple of week. I feel bad for anyone who might've bought members for a month after the last Diary was released.

You know, there's more to this game than just updates.

2dvjurb.png

Yes, I do know. However, these updates are crappy. Really crappy.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Yes, I do know. However, these updates are crappy. Really crappy.

That would depend on what you spend your time doing on Runescape. :mellow:

Edit: Besides, who's to say that they aren't spending the majority of their time focusing on the new skill/future updates?

Ellysian.png

amg new banner is sailing cape!!!!!!

that means sailing is coming!!!!!!!!

unspam: I took that pic in paint and colored it in lol it looks exactly like a def cape

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

ive done lvl 3 wiht all stats minimum to 1000 total lvl in 1 week on 2 seperate accounts before (1 shark left and a final name)

its pretty sad, on final i did 1500 total in 8 weeks and 1600 total in 10 weeks, if tehy dont make a 2k world ill be mad, i know im only 1800something total atm but this way it gives me a good goal

i think non members need a 1300+ f2p world and members need a 2000+ world

a_final_name.png

Okay, first off, what exactly is "upgrayedd" supposed to mean? Besides being completely unpronouncable, it makes absolutely no sense.

Second, why is a new member caring about new updates? They just got access to several years' worth of new updates all at once. I hardly think it's a big deal for them if they get a couple weeks without anything major. You're talking as if membership pays only for one week of content at a time. "Whoops, sorry, it's monday! You don't get to last week's stuff anymore!"

Okay, first off, what exactly is "upgrayedd" supposed to mean?

Upgrayedd = Upgrade :P

On a different note, can anyone confirm/post a pic of the updated look on champion scrolls?

Also wondering if the Mummy, Abbarant Spectre and Banshee champion scrolls are obtainable without defeating the lesser champions (old ones) and the human champion of champions.

ive done lvl 3 wiht all stats minimum to 1000 total lvl in 1 week on 2 seperate accounts before (1 shark left and a final name)

its pretty sad, on final i did 1500 total in 8 weeks and 1600 total in 10 weeks, if tehy dont make a 2k world ill be mad, i know im only 1800something total atm but this way it gives me a good goal

i think non members need a 1300+ f2p world and members need a 2000+ world

By the time a new player has reached 1k total, he is experienced enough to enter such a world imo ;)

Oh well, to be honest, I'm quite happy with all these small fixes, just slightly annoyed though that pretty much everyone can now unlock 'victory is mine' something which took me several years of blood, sweat and tears to unlock, and not gaining a particular rewarding item or whatnot to make up for it. But everything else I like, think it's time to get a haircut! :)

Nope.

I LOVE this update personally. The boxed stuff is INSANE. I made freaking 1198k in 8 minutes buying the vials (of water) and eyes of newt lmao.

Guide if anyone wants; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIFboSMS9j0

joukesig.png