09-Nov-2009 - Champions� Challenge Update and Hairstyles

Toad

ive done lvl 3 wiht all stats minimum to 1000 total lvl in 1 week on 2 seperate accounts before (1 shark left and a final name)

its pretty sad, on final i did 1500 total in 8 weeks and 1600 total in 10 weeks, if tehy dont make a 2k world ill be mad, i know im only 1800something total atm but this way it gives me a good goal

i think non members need a 1300+ f2p world and members need a 2000+ world

May I ask, How long per day did you play? Because it took me forever to get 1K total (that was all F2p but w/e)

A 1300 total world from F2P would be far far too high. Currently it requires 1330 total to get onto the top 250 F2P list. So if we assume that there are ~250 people between 1300 and 1330 then there would only be 500 F2P players even eledgable to play on that world.

I was seriously hoping that the F2P world would require a F2P total of 1000 but appearantly P2P levels count towards it. So a member with all skills 40 can even get into it.... I think there should be a couple of worlds made:

1000 F2P Total

1000 P2P Total

1500 P2P Total

2000 P2P Total

Pure F2P World with over 1000 Total (I logged onto the current F2P world and all i saw was members and ex-members)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I really hope they make 2000 skill total worlds. I dont expect more than that since it is a dedicated server. Either way im not impressed by 1000. Try 1500 atleast. I got a new friend (In rs that is) who only started couple months ago and she is nearly 1000 already. 1500 is a bit more worth while if your going to bother making such worlds.

I think the max in F2P is 1496... Or something like that, not too sure about the number. Either way, 1500 total free world would be pointless, only members and ex-members could enter that.

1485 is the max f2p total but there are quite a large number of ex-mem. Im one ex-mem who wouldnt mind 1500+ worlds and i find it ennoying when noobs come to you and ask you stupid things.

Mm well 1000 for f2p I suppose is an alrite number idk or really care/think on that side of the fence - since I became member very quickly when I joined Rs to help support the game and have access to greater content. No offence - 1000 would seem like a good number for f2p - Infact maybe its too high idk. What icchs says is also great fact for ex mems. Be interesting if they had a 1500 total f2p world lol.

Its more members I care about and find that 1000 is a little low. Friend that joined game became member within a week so them getting I think about 800 total atm isnt very far off 1000. They just messing around for the most part experimenting and are at the stage of starting to have to put more effort into leveling.

Feel its a bit too easy to get 1000 in members even if your a new player. 1500 isnt exactly the best but its certainly harder to achieve and involves alot more effort. You actually know most the skills instead of just randomly experimenting.

Anyway I think its ganna be a pretty obvious response people wont see the point for a 1000 total member world as its not difficult enough to be worth the time. Just like a 500 world. F2p a 1000 might possibly be a touch bit high compared to what members have been offered.

I really hope they have upped the dropped rate for clue scrolls.

I purposely cut the ivies/yews at Varrock so that i can kill the 2 imps that spawn there- purely to try and get a scroll.

I have killed maybe thousands with no scroll.

I am often asked why i am killing those poor defenseless imps when woodcutting, maybe now i will get a lil competition whilst cutting

So, not the same reason why I set ducks on fire at the fishing guild? "Mon canard est feu!"

It would be hilarious if there was a duck champion (evil ducks hahaha), but the scrolls would get all soggy. :D

But....seriously, how could you call all of these changes crappy? I mean, unless you're expecting some sort of ridiculous epic update, these ones take care of a bunch of annoying inconveniences that I wouldn't want back.

What game are you playing anyway that's so great?

As for the skiller worlds, those two are just a "pilot test" so to speak, they appear to be planning to either remove or expand on the idea based on the resulting feedback.

8f14270694.jpg

Marginally off-topic, but has this been changed with today's update?

I've not been Graahking in a while, and the terrain level's really messed up at the moment around the lake as the picture shows. Anyone know if this happened just today or has it been here a while?

[spoiler=Terrain Level Oddity]terrain.png

Wow, all those tiny little updates have added a HUGE load of convenience to the game. Slayer is now a lot faster. you don't need to waste time between monster kills to check how many you have left, you can get tasks three times as fast when you return to your slayer master, and gargoyles are no longer annoying as hell! And the alching update... its about time! Many times have I come close to alching my sgs or my whip. One guy i saw was alching in pvp and tried to put on his dfs when he got attacked (i dont know why he didnt have it on in the first place) but instead he alched it. Now all these accidents will be avoided. I'm sure there will be a lot more people alching in the fight pits with fighting gear since they can't lose their uber valubles anymore.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

A large amount of NPC pirate models have been updated.

Amg sailing@!@%#$@#

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Everything about this update is awesome except for

Reduced the number or right-click options on the barriers around the Grand Exchange NPCs.

What the hell man? First they laid off the clerks and now the desk is unclickable...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Everything about this update is awesome except for

Reduced the number or right-click options on the barriers around the Grand Exchange NPCs.

What the hell man? First they laid off the clerks and now the desk is unclickable...

Yeah, it really sucks.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

An animation has been added for when players are viewing the world map. Other players will see them in-game looking at a map.

This is really funny. Only yesterday when I opened the world map I was wondering if there was an animation or not and then this :D

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Psh, this update isn't even qualify as an upgrayedd. It's just a crapload of patch notes. Halloween, off week, and this. Boy aren't we rolling in the updates for the past couple of week. I feel bad for anyone who might've bought members for a month after the last Diary was released.

Okay, first off, what exactly is "upgrayedd" supposed to mean? Besides being completely unpronouncable, it makes absolutely no sense.

Upgrayedd = Upgrade :P

Yes, we know. But we're still trying to figure out what it means. I've read through entire updates threads wondering if I was the only one scratching my head. :|

And this.

I don't know if it's just me, but a few Tip.Iters seem to take pride in putting down updates, siding with the negative arguments during any debate in the General Chat, way too often for me not to recognise their signature and avatars. Are you trying to clock some forum post count or something?

f203f1850c.png

Psh, this update isn't even qualify as an upgrayedd. It's just a crapload of patch notes. Halloween, off week, and this. Boy aren't we rolling in the updates for the past couple of week. I feel bad for anyone who might've bought members for a month after the last Diary was released.

Okay, first off, what exactly is "upgrayedd" supposed to mean? Besides being completely unpronouncable, it makes absolutely no sense.

Yes, we know. But we're still trying to figure out what it means. I've read through entire updates threads wondering if I was the only one scratching my head. :|

It's a typo, apparently.

And this.

I don't know if it's just me, but a few Tip.Iters seem to take pride in putting down updates, siding with the negative arguments during any debate in the General Chat, way too often for me not to recognise their signature and avatars. Are you trying to clock some forum post count or something?

Oh, I can explain it. Upgrayedd is the name of a character from Idiocracy. Basically it's a movie about what would happen if everyone in the world devolved into morons over the next 500 years. And he spells it with two D's for the double dose of his pimp hand. :razz:

Anyway, I started calling Upgrades, Upgrayedds because I found the whole idea of substituting large content for the upgrades rather stupid. I understand that upgrades are necessary to the game, but I think there have been too many in lieu of bigger updates, more in depth additions, etc. I also think that the new content has suffered in terms of length and playability because of the upgrades, can anyone say 2009 the year of the 20 minutes quests as well? Basically though after I post this I'll be ridiculed for my opinion because everyone here likes to mark out for the upgrades and put them over like they're the best things ever, when in many cases they're just fixes to problems created by Jagex in the first place, case in point, the 38 thousand PVP updates we've had this year this year.

I don't rip on the other news stuff because that's what it is, other news. Small fixes. Those are usually fine, as are the patch notes. But when this kind of crap is pawned off on me as an update for the week, I get irritated. Also, I think that the upgrades should be made, but content shouldn't have suffered which I think it has. So when I see an upgrade that is crap, like this Champion's challenge and the Leprachaun champion, which doesn't even give you the music which is also dumb, so that the whole thing is completely idiotic I'll call it an Upgrayedd, because I think it's a stupid upgrade.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

And this.

Oh, I can explain it. Upgrayedd is the name of a character from Idiocracy. Basically it's a movie about what would happen if everyone in the world devolved into morons over the next 500 years. And he spells it with two D's for the double dose of his pimp hand. :razz:

Anyway, I started calling Upgrades, Upgrayedds because I found the whole idea of substituting large content for the upgrades rather stupid. I understand that upgrades are necessary to the game, but I think there have been too many in lieu of bigger updates, more in depth additions, etc. I also think that the new content has suffered in terms of length and playability because of the upgrades, can anyone say 2009 the year of the 20 minutes quests as well? Basically though after I post this I'll be ridiculed for my opinion because everyone here likes to mark out for the upgrades and put them over like they're the best things ever, when in many cases they're just fixes to problems created by Jagex in the first place, case in point, the 38 thousand PVP updates we've had this year this year.

I don't rip on the other news stuff because that's what it is, other news. Small fixes. Those are usually fine, as are the patch notes. But when this kind of crap is pawned off on me as an update for the week, I get irritated. Also, I think that the upgrades should be made, but content shouldn't have suffered which I think it has. So when I see an upgrade that is crap, like this Champion's challenge and the Leprachaun champion, which doesn't even give you the music which is also dumb, so that the whole thing is completely idiotic I'll call it an Upgrayedd, because I think it's a stupid upgrade.

News Flash: MHL likes to whine about updates, but we still love her.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

[hide]

And this.

[/hide]

Well, that's good to know. I thought it was a bad attempt at cleverness. Thanks for clearing that up.

I do agree that making 2009 the upgrade year was a bit of a disappointment, but I'm really looking forward to what they'll throw at us in 2010.

f203f1850c.png