09-Nov-2009 - Champions� Challenge Update and Hairstyles

Toad

[hide]

Psh, this update isn't even qualify as an upgrayedd. It's just a crapload of patch notes. Halloween, off week, and this. Boy aren't we rolling in the updates for the past couple of week. I feel bad for anyone who might've bought members for a month after the last Diary was released.

Okay, first off, what exactly is "upgrayedd" supposed to mean? Besides being completely unpronouncable, it makes absolutely no sense.

Upgrayedd = Upgrade :P

Yes, we know. But we're still trying to figure out what it means. I've read through entire updates threads wondering if I was the only one scratching my head. :|

And this.

I don't know if it's just me, but a few Tip.Iters seem to take pride in putting down updates, siding with the negative arguments during any debate in the General Chat, way too often for me not to recognise their signature and avatars. Are you trying to clock some forum post count or something?

Oh, I can explain it. Upgrayedd is the name of a character from Idiocracy. Basically it's a movie about what would happen if everyone in the world devolved into morons over the next 500 years. And he spells it with two D's for the double dose of his pimp hand. :razz:

Anyway, I started calling Upgrades, Upgrayedds because I found the whole idea of substituting large content for the upgrades rather stupid. I understand that upgrades are necessary to the game, but I think there have been too many in lieu of bigger updates, more in depth additions, etc. I also think that the new content has suffered in terms of length and playability because of the upgrades, can anyone say 2009 the year of the 20 minutes quests as well? Basically though after I post this I'll be ridiculed for my opinion because everyone here likes to mark out for the upgrades and put them over like they're the best things ever, when in many cases they're just fixes to problems created by Jagex in the first place, case in point, the 38 thousand PVP updates we've had this year this year.

I don't rip on the other news stuff because that's what it is, other news. Small fixes. Those are usually fine, as are the patch notes. But when this kind of crap is pawned off on me as an update for the week, I get irritated. Also, I think that the upgrades should be made, but content shouldn't have suffered which I think it has. So when I see an upgrade that is crap, like this Champion's challenge and the Leprachaun champion, which doesn't even give you the music which is also dumb, so that the whole thing is completely idiotic I'll call it an Upgrayedd, because I think it's a stupid upgrade.

[/hide]

Well, that's good to know. I thought it was a bad attempt at cleverness. Thanks for clearing that up.

I do agree that making 2009 the upgrade year was a bit of a disappointment, but I'm really looking forward to what they'll throw at us in 2010.

Upgrade year? I thought this was "let mmg make crappy decisions about a game he has hardly played until he starts planing (almost)decent updates about 3/4 through the year" year.

Y_Z.png

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I really hope they make 2000 skill total worlds. I dont expect more than that since it is a dedicated server. Either way im not impressed by 1000. Try 1500 atleast. I got a new friend (In rs that is) who only started couple months ago and she is nearly 1000 already. 1500 is a bit more worth while if your going to bother making such worlds.

Well F2P wise 1000 isnt too bad, but 1500 would be a bit better for P2P

Popoto.~<3

[hide]

Psh, this update isn't even qualify as an upgrayedd. It's just a crapload of patch notes. Halloween, off week, and this. Boy aren't we rolling in the updates for the past couple of week. I feel bad for anyone who might've bought members for a month after the last Diary was released.

Okay, first off, what exactly is "upgrayedd" supposed to mean? Besides being completely unpronouncable, it makes absolutely no sense.

Yes, we know. But we're still trying to figure out what it means. I've read through entire updates threads wondering if I was the only one scratching my head. :|

And this.

I don't know if it's just me, but a few Tip.Iters seem to take pride in putting down updates, siding with the negative arguments during any debate in the General Chat, way too often for me not to recognise their signature and avatars. Are you trying to clock some forum post count or something?

Oh, I can explain it. Upgrayedd is the name of a character from Idiocracy. Basically it's a movie about what would happen if everyone in the world devolved into morons over the next 500 years. And he spells it with two D's for the double dose of his pimp hand. :razz:

Anyway, I started calling Upgrades, Upgrayedds because I found the whole idea of substituting large content for the upgrades rather stupid. I understand that upgrades are necessary to the game, but I think there have been too many in lieu of bigger updates, more in depth additions, etc. I also think that the new content has suffered in terms of length and playability because of the upgrades, can anyone say 2009 the year of the 20 minutes quests as well? Basically though after I post this I'll be ridiculed for my opinion because everyone here likes to mark out for the upgrades and put them over like they're the best things ever, when in many cases they're just fixes to problems created by Jagex in the first place, case in point, the 38 thousand PVP updates we've had this year this year.

I don't rip on the other news stuff because that's what it is, other news. Small fixes. Those are usually fine, as are the patch notes. But when this kind of crap is pawned off on me as an update for the week, I get irritated. Also, I think that the upgrades should be made, but content shouldn't have suffered which I think it has. So when I see an upgrade that is crap, like this Champion's challenge and the Leprachaun champion, which doesn't even give you the music which is also dumb, so that the whole thing is completely idiotic I'll call it an Upgrayedd, because I think it's a stupid upgrade.

[/hide]

Well, that's good to know. I thought it was a bad attempt at cleverness. Thanks for clearing that up.

I do agree that making 2009 the upgrade year was a bit of a disappointment, but I'm really looking forward to what they'll throw at us in 2010.

Upgrade year? I thought this was "let mmg make crappy decisions about a game he has hardly played until he starts planing (almost)decent updates about 3/4 through the year" year.

Cynicism powa, baby!

I thought this update was boss. I'm going to assume that a 1500+ world will be added soon for P2P, but the 1000+ is just fine for F2P. For the first time in a very long time, almost every single patch note was a very good update to the game.

guido_49.png

My reaction to today's update summoned up in a song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjzSIGt74T0

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

New haircuts:

[hide=]091109224957.png

091109225007.png

091109225012.png

091109225242.png

091109225247.png

091109225257.png[/hide]

Okay, it's understandable that the chathead is always going to look better, but it's kinda dumb when it doesn't look very similar to the model itself. - Not just these hairstyles, but others too where the chathead looks different or even drastically so from the player model. Heh kinda funny though, I see Daphne, Vegeta, Joe Dirt, and maybe that lady from Saw.

2dgucz6.png

New haircuts:

[hide=]091109224957.png

091109225007.png

091109225012.png

091109225242.png

091109225247.png

091109225257.png[/hide]

Okay, it's understandable that the chathead is always going to look better, but it's kinda dumb when it doesn't look very similar to the model itself. - Not just these hairstyles, but others too where the chathead looks different or even drastically so from the player model. Heh kinda funny though, I see Daphne, Vegeta, Joe Dirt, and maybe that lady from Saw.

Dude, I thought the same thing. :-D

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Guest TrixStar

How hard is it to get a goblin, imp, or hill giants scroll?

Also, does the leprechaun champion allow you to get a banner carrier?

I don't know if they updated the drop rate but I killed 5000 imps at GWD before I got mine way back in the day.

First these are some amazing and long awaited minor updates.

About the 1000+ worlds, they pretty said this is a test case to gauge popularity. What I can see in the future: F2P 1000+ worlds only count for F2P skills for the skill total, so your member skills won't help you get on (sounds fair). P2P, I think the skill total will be raised to 1500 given the larger number of skills. And if it's popular, then it's no stretch to see 1750+ and 2000+ worlds.

Still wish the world map was a right click feature. Still getting tired of activating it by accident.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

About 2000+ worlds: think about what that really entails. Instead of having a mix of 400-1000 (about how many people are on each server) generally lower-leveled players to compete against, you'll have 1500-2000 people to compete against, almost ALL of whom are an actual threat to your Abby Demon spawn, your rune rock, your red chinchompa, etc. It'll just create a massive log-jam at high-level training spots, resulting in frustration and bitterness for all.

td2sig.jpg

About 2000+ worlds: think about what that really entails. Instead of having a mix of 400-1000 (about how many people are on each server) generally lower-leveled players to compete against, you'll have 1500-2000 people to compete against, almost ALL of whom are an actual threat to your Abby Demon spawn, your rune rock, your red chinchompa, etc. It'll just create a massive log-jam at high-level training spots, resulting in frustration and bitterness for all.

It wouldn't be a bad update for some fun things, like Castle Wars and Soul Wars; a high level team without having to find high level teams from the forums. I wouldn't think about it from the monster hunting and raw material spot's perspective alone.

Edit: Also, what up djl

guido_49.png

This Champion's Challenge is getting me back into the game, I applaud them for that, I do like the look of the other updates, although I shall not test them just yet.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Got one of the new scrolls, the Mummy scroll.

mummyscroll.png

mummyscroll2.png

mummyfight.png

mummybanner.png

She uses magic and melee, but never hit me. The reward was around 476 Slayer and HP xp, I forgot to take a screenshot of that. <_<

What were the rules of that fight?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

The patch notes are nice, but the update itself is lousy.

It is nice that those who've obtained champions' scrolls are rewarded, but the entire minigame is... flawed. Hopefully, they've increased the drop rate of champions' scrolls, but everything bar the imp is worthless- the slayer and hp exp you get is negligible.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

mummyscroll.png

mummyscroll2.png

mummyfight.png

mummybanner.png

She uses magic and melee, but never hit me. The reward was around 476 Slayer and HP xp, I forgot to take a screenshot of that. <_<

What were the rules of that fight?

Oh sorry I forgot to mention those. The rules were "No off-hand items" so no shields, defenders, books, stuff like that.

200000000.png

mummyscroll.png

mummyscroll2.png

mummyfight.png

mummybanner.png

Have you completed all the old champion fights?

And this.

News Flash: MHL likes to whine about updates, but we still love her.

I only ever really complain about updates. You'll rarely hear me whine about anything else because I think the game itself is still very good. Also, I don't PVP so you never hear me say anything about that except for the constant attention they show for it instead of doing something useful, like giving depth to their updates. And I've complained this year because the updates sucked this year. Upgrades were fine, updates sucked. Even the Holiday events seemed phoned in this year. I mean give a replica item from an earlier holiday event i.e. rubber chicken and the carrot, and go back to the Reaper's house again, I mean why waste existing code when you can save time *and* give an unoriginal event? :lol:

Yeah, other than that, I'm cool with Jagex, though I appreciate if they hit the tanning booth before they do their next video. Their paleness hurts my eyes. :x

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

And this.

I only ever really complain about updates. You'll rarely hear me whine about anything else because I think the game itself is still very good. Also, I don't PVP so you never hear me say anything about that except for the constant attention they show for it instead of doing something useful, like giving depth to their updates. And I've complained this year because the updates sucked this year. Upgrades were fine, updates sucked. Even the Holiday events seemed phoned in this year. I mean give a replica item from an earlier holiday event i.e. rubber chicken and the carrot, and go back to the Reaper's house again, I mean why waste existing code when you can save time *and* give an unoriginal event? :lol:

Yeah, other than that, I'm cool with Jagex, though I appreciate if they hit the tanning booth before they do their next video. Their paleness hurts my eyes. :x

The deaths house was completely reworked, it's very different from 2 years ago and the spider realm was awesome, i still think you complain a whole too much tbh <_<

And this.

The deaths house was completely reworked, it's very different from 2 years ago and the spider realm was awesome, i still think you complain a whole too much tbh <_<

Eureka, I get it! Ever since the days where BTS still existed, players complain on every single update, no less. But ironically, the game itself is still good! Therefore,

More lackluster updates = More complaints = A better game!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Seriously, how can a game be still good if every update this year, as what you think, sucked, when I see no difference between them and those from the beginning of RuneScape 2 and BTS? :blink:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I hope I can get a champions challenge now, and unlock all the damn songs -.-

Always kill some earth warriors after bork, and the occasional imp - but I still sometimes wonder if the champions challenge is just a big huge conspiracy.....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.