09-Nov-2009 - Champions� Challenge Update and Hairstyles

Toad

Seriously, how can a game be still good if every update this year, as what you think, sucked, when I see no difference between them and those from the beginning of RuneScape 2 and BTS? :blink:

Because things that got added were lame, not the excisting content. The core of the game stayed the same while most updates were dull, uncreative and useless. The upgrades are nice, but the added content will be forgotten after a week.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, how can a game be still good if every update this year, as what you think, sucked, when I see no difference between them and those from the beginning of RuneScape 2 and BTS? :blink:

Because things that got added were lame, not the excisting content. The core of the game stayed the same while most updates were dull, uncreative and useless. The upgrades are nice, but the added content will be forgotten after a week.

And your definition of the 'core' of the game is?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

My favorite update of the year, to be sure. I can't wait to run around with my 10 Champion Scroll's Banner!

Oh, and it looks like I have to return to the hunt! That gnome champion is definitely going down! I'll update my guide later too.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Has anyone killed the abberant spectre champion yet? I'm hoping that after killing the gnome Champion of Champions you might get a reward other than XP and a banner, after all you can't exactly take the gnome's place as you're not a gnome. :P

10xy5fk.png

And your definition of the 'core' of the game is?

Things that haven't/hardly changed since the release of RS2. The game itself, not specifically the content.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Thank you so much Jagex, for making the banner the "sailing cape" banner again... :wall:

The "In Other News" was amazing.

Champion's guild needs a truly worthwhile reward though. Right idea, just poor execution.

I disagree. Champion's Guild should never have a truly worthwhile reward. It's not meant to be something players feel like they need to actively work towards, and it would be bad for the game to create an incentive for high-level players to crowd low-level training spots for hours on end looking for super-rare drops. The rewards should be straight xp rewards, cash/tradable item rewards (like logs, fish, essence, etc), and/or cosmetic rewards (the banners).

Although I agree that the rewards should be increased, I strongly disagree about making them worthwhile. Make the xp rewards much larger and add some money, but don't make some untradable amulet that gives a 15% power boost against champion scroll droppers or some crap like that. That would be a horrible idea.

Here is possibly some info the tip.it crew could use. :P

Banshee Champion is 73 combat.

The reward is 1050 slayer and hp exp.

He also shows the banner in the video. Looks kinda scary.

just got the banshee scroll!!!

the champion is a lvl 73 magic casting banshee.

Don't forget your earmuffs!!!

banshee1.png

banshee2.png

banshee3.png

banshee4.png

banshee5.png

banshee6.png

Olliedoom

p.s. Sorry for the LD picture of the fight. I didn't want to risk dying because of severe lagging.

How long did it take to get the scroll?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The 3 other champions

mummy (120) -> no shield -> 473 hp and slayer xp

banshee (73) -> no prayer or melee -> 1050 hp and slayer xp

aberrant spectre (102) -> 2h weapons only -> 6000 hp and slayer xp

gnome (108) -> only magic and no shield -> 520 hp and slayer xp + 50k cash + 4 scrolls of knowledge (combat xp)

Main update: horrible. Still no real reward

Secondary updates make up for it *2 though.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

just got the banshee scroll!!!

the champion is a lvl 73 magic casting banshee.

Don't forget your earmuffs!!!

banshee1.png

banshee2.png

banshee3.png

banshee4.png

banshee5.png

banshee6.png

Olliedoom

p.s. Sorry for the LD picture of the fight. I didn't want to risk dying because of severe lagging.

How long did it take to get the scroll?

I don't think that matters. One player can get it on the first kill and another only after 8K kills. It's all about luck.

I wonder how Jagex decides which race gets to have a champion. There isn't one for ice warriors, other variety of ogres at least. And if EVERY single race gets a champion challenge of their own, I don't think the basement can actually fit all the banners.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I wonder how Jagex decides which race gets to have a champion. There isn't one for ice warriors, other variety of ogres at least. And if EVERY single race gets a champion challenge of their own, I don't think the basement can actually fit all the banners.

Build a bigger dungeon./

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Build a bigger dungeon./

That's viable as a solution for the space constraint, but what about the choice of 'race'? What constitutes a race in RuneScape? Add every breed into the list of champions?

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Build a bigger dungeon./

That's viable as a solution for the space constraint, but what about the choice of 'race'? What constitutes a race in RuneScape? Add every breed into the list of champions?

Well the champions of champions are the humanoid races that have civilisations.

The other race champions are all creatures that are slayed enmass and thus might get annoyed. Note they are all monsters that generally do or have previously been slayed enmass as a means of training or killed enmass for some purpose. They also are all races proven to be relatively intelligent.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Build a bigger dungeon./

They're not adding every "breed" into the list.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Indeed, it seems that, to be a champion, you must be humanoid and be bipedal. If we take that into effect (and ignore the other variants of ogres, giants, demons and warriors (to be honest, using more of these would just make things look bland)) these are the remaining options for future champs:

•  
  • Trolls
  • Orcs (now killable in the GWD)
  • Cyclopes
  • Monkeys/Apes
  • Necrychaels
  • Spirits
  • Ankous
  • Otherwordly beings?
  • Vampyres
  • Infernal mages?
  • Scabarites

I left out Aviantese and Spiritual X's because they're supposed to be extinct. So until Jagex retcons them....

Still quite a list.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Vampyres can't cross the river very easily, and if they do they are severely weakened, like Count Draynor.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Indeed, it seems that, to be a champion, you must be humanoid and be bipedal. If we take that into effect (and ignore the other variants of ogres, giants, demons and warriors (to be honest, using more of these would just make things look bland)) these are the remaining options for future champs:

•  
  • Trolls
  • Cyclopes
  • Monkeys/Apes
  • Necrychaels
  • Spirits
  • Ankous
  • Otherwordly beings?
  • Vampyres
  • Infernal mages?
  • Scabarites

I left out Aviantese and Spiritual X's because they're supposed to be extinct. So until Jagex retcons them....

Still quite a list.

There at least used to be "mysterious champions" sitting around the arena, including a gnome (which was released),an elf and a TzHaar, also some else I don't remember

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

•  
  • Trolls
  • Cyclopes
  • Monkeys/Apes
  • Necrychaels
  • Spirits
  • Ankous
  • Otherwordly beings?
  • Vampyres
  • Infernal mages?
  • Scabarites

Still quite a list.

There at least used to be "mysterious champions" sitting around the arena, including a gnome (which was released),an elf and a TzHaar, also some else I don't remember

The seated champions are Human, Gnome, Dwarf, Werewolf, Elf and TzHaar.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]