do you own any "rares" in real life?

ixfd64

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of VOX skate shoes that they only produced 100 pairs of round the world.

do you wear them?

Of course not.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

A couple $2 bills, some Susan B. Anthony $1 coins, some bicentennial quarters, some Red Wings paraphernalia of the sort that's limited-edition giveaways at games and such, a used goalie stick signed by Marty Turco... The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit from the 1960s... in bad shape though, nearly all of the covers are falling off.

I've got some strange Chucks, a pair of purple high tops (They sell those at Journeys, but I've seen one other person with them + I got mine at an outlet store in CA), and a pair of black/gray double uppers with a guitar pick motif (found at a ritzy shoe store, but they were on sale)

I've got a swaztika with a fleur de lis on it somewhere around here. My grandma remarried just before her and her new husband died of natural causes. I never got to learn much about the guy, but that was definatly an interesting find among his personal effects. We kind of lost it somewhere in the house, but we were thinking of giving it to a museum.

Also have a single canadian $2 bill. I used to have a $1 bill (Americans are all like "yeah congrats there buddy"), but I think my parents scooped it.

I own 3 sawed off muskets that my grandpa gave me from his moon-shine running days.

and I have about 50lbs of gunpowder, 80K rounds, and the stuff to make about 40K more for my dads competition pistol shooting.

annddd I have a set of rims matching the General Lee's. They are called hurricanes and they are EXTREMELY hard to find.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Guest Mrmegakirby

An armed grenade :ohnoes:

Dizzle with a grenade. This should be interesting.

Anyways. I have an entire collection on $2 bills, $20 silver coins, and other rare coins.

A few $1 canadian bills and a $2 canadian bill, which I consider to be pretty rare because they've put them out of circulation in in 1987 and 1996 respectively. I don't think there's too many people that still have those bills.

1/10 oz American platinum coin. its one of the rarer dates too.

some silver coins well over 50-60 years old. i also have a wheat cent that is about 92 years old.

a zapdos base set holographic card since they're obviously not made anymore.

none of them are actually worth something. the platinum coin is about 180 dollars and thats about it.

Just a few neat things I have in my possession:

-1979 Lord of the Rings calendar.

-A collection of various old, and rare coins.

-A small collection of beer steins.

-Vintage lighters from 1920's+.

-A few pipes dating around 1930's/40's.

-Sealed vintage tobacco tins.

-1966 Chevy van (scooby doo?)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

That's about it, really.

My Dad once found a dummy grenade. Of course I didn't know it was a dummy (he did because he was in the army when he was younger) so you can imagine my panic when he pulled the pin and rolled it at me. He thought it was hilarious, I wasn't best pleased at the time though lol.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Hmm.. not much.

- 30 year old monopoly set (Still playable, with all the pieces and everything)

- Transparent Gameboy Color (made in Japan, doesn't work anymore), and a reddish one as well.

There's a lot of other stuff in my storeroom that dates back to my grandfather's time. Can't dig it out though, or I risk destroying half the things in there. :ohnoes:

That's about it, really.

My Dad once found a dummy grenade. Of course I didn't know it was a dummy (he did because he was in the army when he was younger) so you can imagine my panic when he pulled the pin and rolled it at me. He thought it was hilarious, I wasn't best pleased at the time though lol.

Major props if you picked it up, and threw it out a window in under 5 seconds.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Nope, I screamed like a girl and tried to kick it away while trying to go into the kitchen. It wasn't my most manly moment lol.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I got this ancient mouth harmonica laying around from ... forgot the exact year, but pre WWII. My grandfather gave it to me :). It's only worth like 5$ on eBay though (not that I was planning to sell it, I was just curious as to the worth of this thing so I did some research. That's also how I got the period).

My dad owns several authentic Russian Commie hats from like the 40's. Worth a bit, he got for free when he went to Russia though.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

My dad owns several authentic Russian Commie hats from like the 40's. Worth a bit, he got for free when he went to Russia though.

The berets, right?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

- Transparent Gameboy Color (made in Japan, doesn't work anymore), and a reddish one as well.

I have a transparent purple one. I still play tetris on it, it's in my bathroom right now. The volume is shot, though, but it still works with headphones for some reason.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Hmm.. not much.

- 30 year old monopoly set (Still playable, with all the pieces and everything)

There's a lot of other stuff in my storeroom that dates back to my grandfather's time. Can't dig it out though, or I risk destroying half the things in there. :ohnoes:

I have a $5 monopoly bill copyrighted 1935

I also had a purple transparent GBC but it stopped working and i took it apart when i was 9 for fun :), I think i threw the pieces away too :(. Also have the original Gameboy with tetris and nemesis. My dad says his old highscore on tetris was 350k. But of course that was a while back. I have an original nes mario bros/duckhunt combo game with instruction booklet. Convienently bought for $5.99. I HAD a mint condition first edition Exodia's head card, but of course my mom cleaned my room a few years back, took it out of my hiding spot and considered it garbage.

Did i mention my computer? (its not that old but 2003 is ftl)

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Used to have a pretty nice sports car, until I crashed it (speeding & stupidity). Posted some crash pics as a reminder to other drivers on tip.it.

Would still have the money to buy a fancy car, but I realize it's b.s. Why build your ego with 'rares'? To be honest, even a $5k car is just fine. A 30k mercedes benz is more than you'll ever need. Why bother spending upwards of $100k on a sports car that guzzles gas like no tomorrow and has no real utility (and it's worth drops dramatically when you gain mileage on it compared to normal cars)

Unless you have *tons* of excess money. People do spend massive cash even on 'shallow' rares like jewelry, shoes, rolex watches etc. that don't really serve any meaningful purpose. The only thing a rare is, is a status item.

And believe it or not but most people don't respect unofficial status, only the other shallow ones. Normal people are indifferent or will see you as boasting