do you own any "rares" in real life?

ixfd64

Jagex may have made an effort to stop new discontinued items from coming into the game, but that's not the way it works in real life! :) That having been said, do you own any "rares" (or uncommon things you consider interesting) in real life?

Personally, I have a few items of interest:

In December 2005, a team of two professors discovered the largest known prime number through the GIMPS distributed computing project, and they did it again in September 2006, breaking the record twice. They gave away commemorative pins both times, and I was lucky enough to be a recipient both times.

4104081765_30ab212e82_m.jpg

4104082525_34753cc1f1_m.jpg

Of course, the discovery of large prime numbers isn't exactly an "earth-shattering" scientific achievement unlike, say, the first manned mission to the Moon, but I still think it's pretty cool to own a piece (or two) of math history.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to discourage you from coming to OT, but it's a kind of unspoken rule that you don't bring up Runescape here. I get what you're going for but maybe make it less RSish and more "what cool rare things do you own"ish.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Not to discourage you from coming to OT, but it's a kind of unspoken rule that you don't bring up Runescape here. I get what you're going for but maybe make it less RSish and more "what cool rare things do you own"ish.

Hey so what level are you in RS?

IRKAa.jpg

Meh the only thing like that I own is the Lord of the Rings trilogy + The Hobbit from the late 1960s. They're not really that rare but whatever, I think they're cool.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Do $2 bills count? Because I've got, like, pantloads of them. I mean, you don't even know how many.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I have a Soviet submarine badge from the WWII era.

badge13.jpg

^Not my photo, but that's exactly the thing that I have.

I also have an athletic badge from East Germany and a US half-cent coin from 1812.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Do $2 bills count? Because I've got, like, pantloads of them. I mean, you don't even know how many.

Ohh yeah I have a few of those as well. They're cool :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I have servery guns and bayonets passed down by my grandfather from the Revolutionary War

Oh yeaahh. I have an old bayonet aswell. One my grandfather used when he was in the Army in Zimbabwe. Also have a very very old Rimington Rand type Writer. I dont think its "rare" but i think one in that condition will be hard to find.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

A decent copy of Uncanny X-Men #94 (rare in itself) signed by Chris Claremont, Bob McLeod and Len Wein.

A SEGA Nomad (seriously, you never see these anywhere).

The 50 state collection of Pogs (yes, those little cardboard circles that were popular in the early 90s).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Well, I found out recently my piano was made during World War I. That's because the pieces are made with metal, and the only time pianos were made with metal rather than copper was because during World War I America took all the copper to put towards the war, so pianos had to be made with metal!

wl7w9j.png

Well, I found out recently my piano was made during World War I. That's because the pieces are made with metal, and the only time pianos were made with metal rather than copper was because during World War I America took all the copper to put towards the war, so pianos had to be made with metal!

Uhhh, copper is a metal.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Uhhh, copper is a metal.

Yeah, I'm not sure what type of metal it was. This information was relayed from the piano tuner to my mom to me, and my mom isn't the best listener... Though I do know that it doesn't contain any copper in it which indicates it was made during World War I :P

wl7w9j.png

A couple of hyperinflated 1, 2, and 4 million mark post stamps from the German Reich. And a couple of coins from the Weimar Republic.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

A couple of hyperinflated 1, 2, and 4 million mark post stamps from the German Reich.

Yes, I have several 100 Million and Billion denominations of Deutschmarks from the 1940s.

I'm an avid collector of banknotes, coins and stamps.

Stamps : rare Bhutanese 3-D stamps, a few Russian ones from the 50's and 60's showing all different types of missiles.

Coins : One from the East India Trading company from the mid 1800's [i cant remeber exact date], uuuhhh USD $10 coins.

Bank note: some adorned with saddam's face, and also with hitler's.

yeah.

Those are the special ones. Have a few fair many more, but nothing that immeadiatley comes to mind.