What video game has influenced your love of video games the most?

Delmark19

Also, this chinese RPG game translated to "The Legend of Sword and Fairy"

Is that the one with the one guy with three girls? If it is then that is mine as well, the plot is just so touching....one of the few games that I have cried on. Also I think it as if you are Chinese and you have never played it, then you are not a gamer. It is that good.

YES! Oh my god, I LOVED that game, played through it like a million times. And I'm Chinese haha, but I was living in the states when I first played it around 10 years ago.

Last summer when I went back to China to visit, I downloaded a newer version of the original, and they added 2 hidden endings to the game, except you had to trigger it very very early (about 20 minutes) into the game, and I missed it. So I watched the endings on the internet. It's so cool that someone else here has actually played it haha.

Staurolite.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metroid was it for me, kept me going for days. Ice climbers got me into co-op multyplayer games, I used to play it with my brother for hours. And also, I think it was Shining Force, I had a ROM for it in my very old PC, and didn't know how to save, so I would play for like 4 hours, then I had to go, and the next day I would start over all again, yet I still found it fun.

16185_s.gif

Recently it's been the indie offerings that have kept me proud of the industry. For every major screwup that the "big dogs" have in the industry (MW2, Tony Hawk: Ride) there is always some great stuff coming out by the little guys (Braid, Torchlight, ect.).

Even though most indie games aren't favorites by any means they keep me happy that not all of the gaming industry has lost its touch.

Super Mario World (the one with all the Secret Exits): My favorite GBA game, when I was small. Also introduced me to the Mario series.

Super Mario 64 DS: Although a few parts were really hard (100 coin stars anyone?), I enjoy it a lot and it was my first DS game.

Super Mario Galaxy: Just like SM64DS, but with space, stars, and galaxies. Talk about a gigantic world!

Sonic Advance (all 3): Introduced me to the Sonic series. (Yes, I can't find anybody that owns a Genesis back then.)

Sonic Heroes: Despite what most people think, this was a great 3D Sonic game. Teamwork was an interesting gimmick as well.

Taiko no Tatsujin: I don't think a lot of people have heard of this, but this rhythm gaming series is my all-time favorite. (I play the Wii version now.)

Kirby Super Star/Ultra: The most awesome Kirby game, although it became a bit too easy after playing through it 5 times.

Runescape: My favorite MMORPG, and without it I wouldn't even be posting on this board.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl: My favorite Wii game. I always play this when my friends come over, or when we go to our friend's house.

I haven't actually played that many series though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hmm probably the first rpgs I got for the snes.

Terranigma: One epic game. First you destroy all life by accident and then you have to go around reviving it. Huge game too.

Lufia 2: Great storyline with some tough puzzles and a really sad ending. One of two games that bought a tear to my eye. Played it to death.

For the playstation definetly Final Fantasy 7. Best playstation game for me and yes that certain scene bought a tear to my eyes.

For the n64 Zelda ocarina of time was just perfect. Still fun to play to this day. Goldeneye and super mario 64 was great too.

There's no next gen games that really stand out for me. Although I've just got the new super mario bros for the wii and that is just plain fun.

Runescape: Ofcourse this game. Playing on and off for 6 years and can easily say my favorite game ever.

Is that the one with the one guy with three girls? If it is then that is mine as well, the plot is just so touching....one of the few games that I have cried on. Also I think it as if you are Chinese and you have never played it, then you are not a gamer. It is that good.

YES! Oh my god, I LOVED that game, played through it like a million times. And I'm Chinese haha, but I was living in the states when I first played it around 10 years ago.

Last summer when I went back to China to visit, I downloaded a newer version of the original, and they added 2 hidden endings to the game, except you had to trigger it very very early (about 20 minutes) into the game, and I missed it. So I watched the endings on the internet. It's so cool that someone else here has actually played it haha.

It is a surpise to me as well XD, but to be honest though, China never made many good games, and this is one of the few that is actually good, if not the best game the country has ever made. I thought the hidden endings were excellent, but her sacrifice is one of the biggest reason why the game is so good. I have never played FF7, but I do know about how Aeris's death scene has caught the heart of millions. This game I would say is similar to that, just because of her.

1885009.jpg

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

- Crash Bandicoot/Spro series, can't get enough of those two.

- Burnout, best racing games ever!

- Halo CE (i.e. the first one) I need to re download it, best shooter of all times in my opinion.

- Mario back when he was 2D, need I say more?

God video games were the highlight of my youth.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Pokemon yellow, got it for my birthday with the new Yellow Gameboy Color lol was so happy, played it for ages, wasted so many AA batterys :grin:

Then i got my ps1 and final fantasy 7 and gran turismo :thumbsup:

My favourite 3 games <3:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

It is a surpise to me as well XD, but to be honest though, China never made many good games, and this is one of the few that is actually good, if not the best game the country has ever made. I thought the hidden endings were excellent, but her sacrifice is one of the biggest reason why the game is so good. I have never played FF7, but I do know about how Aeris's death scene has caught the heart of millions. This game I would say is similar to that, just because of her.

1885009.jpg

What I want to know is how that death caught the hearts of millions. It wasn't really that touching a scene. I found the scene from FFIX about where Vivi loses all of his black mage friends to the waltz much more touching.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

[hide]

1885009.jpg

What I want to know is how that death caught the hearts of millions. It wasn't really that touching a scene. I found the scene from FFIX about where Vivi loses all of his black mage friends to the waltz much more touching.

[/hide]

I have no idea since I have never played FF7 before, but the fact that millions of gamers felt emotional distressed when the scene occurs suggests....something. Perhaps you did not feel it, not everyone have the same opinions or emotions. :grin:

OT: I guess starcraft would count too since it is my first RTS....but I played a pirated copy of it back in China.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Super Mario Brothers (Got me into plat formers), Pokemon Blue, Runescape(Got Me ino MMO's), Halo CE (The first decent shooter I ever played)

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Pokémon Yellow, RuneScape, and Super Mario Brothers 3.

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say... Liek... word for word o.O

Super Mario World instead of Super Mario Bros. 3 for me. My Yellow version still works for me. :)

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Pokémon Yellow, RuneScape, and Super Mario Brothers 3.

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say... Liek... word for word o.O

Super Mario World instead of Super Mario Bros. 3 for me. My Yellow version still works for me. :)

All Stars was just all-round amazing. completed every game on there naturally...world has to be the best though, if not, just because of Yoshi and the star levels :)

Toejam and Earl here. Used to play it every day. Awesome.

logo.jpg

The Lost Vikings

Wacky Racers

Mortal Kombat 2

Golden Axe

Dangerous Dave series

Moto Racer

GTA 1

Doom 2

+ other oldies which i don't remember at the moment :D

Pokemon Red(and later Gold)

All the pokemon games i've played over the years

Dragon Warrior Monsters 1& 2

(Golden Sun 1& 2)

Runescape

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Well I played StarCraft from the age of like 5-11 as my game i always played, so yeah that's the main one.

Recently, i'd go with CoD4, although I hate it for doing this it got me back into gaming frequently when I had started to stray from it. I love that game. <3:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh Pokemon <3, I used to love playing the Pokemon games...still play the new ones sometimes, but the only bad thing is after you beat them (at least for me) I get bored and quit. Runescape would be a close second for me.

RunePlanet Owner - AddictSig Creator

287.png