PG-13 subforum

Omar

That's simply it, a place where topics that aren't G-rated can find their homes. So we don't have to refrain from saying something out of fear of being banned like I often do. I'm sure with a precise set of restrictions so people don't go over the top, it would work out very well.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Let's think about this.

What would define something as 'PG-13"?

We talk about guns.

We talk about violence.

We talk about sex.

We talk about war.

We talk about drugs.

We talk about complex knowledge.

We talk about government and politics.

What we DON'T talk, is with curse words. Which really aren't important at all.

Besides, remember the "Have you caught them thread?" All the posts after page 2 were about TIF'ers detailed sexual experiences most likely fabricated by their fantasies. If you want to talk about what you specifically did last night, go someplace else. If you want to curse like a sailor, join the Navy.

--

What I'm trying to say, the only "bad" things about social life are violence, drugs, and sex. And we can talk about 'em right now in a calm and casual way.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I have to say this would not work at all. Tip.It is essentially a forum for Runescape players, it's not aimed at an 'adult' community so to speak. I think that if something might be seen as offensive or too adult to be posted here, then to be honest it doesn't need to be here.

Not only is the premise iffy, but it would be a logistical nightmare. How would you prevent normal users who aren't interested in it coming across the threads? Limit the access to only certain users? But then you have issues with 'who can be allowed access'. It would also need to be heavily moderated, since issues tend to crop up moreso when more 'adult' topics are discussed and people take it too far.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'd like to see it, but I'm not sure it would work out. Age restriction would probably mean underage people being more interested on it, and eventually defeating the whole purpose of the board.

16185_s.gif

Exactly what killerred said. If you can talk about it maturely, there's no reason to have the pg13 board, and if you can't talk about it maturely, there's no reason to have it on a board that's supposed to be 'family friendly'... As you don't have to be 13 to read the boards...

I highly disagree with this idea.

Many instances on other forums in the internet where they have a sub-forum for "Mature Members," it usually tends to get filled with links to nude images, or other illegal innapropraite links on the internet.

I think the forums are best as they are, without things like "PG-13" content drawing in more members just to find bad pictures/stories to tell on the internet.

Click here to become a Fan of an awesome Facebook page! Tell all your friends :D

168d9fm.png

The only real reason is to be discussing things in the right terms and not speaking with metaphors or indirect terms to what you mean in the discussion. This is done by everyone so they don't get warned/banned by the mods in relevant topics like violence/drugs/sex/rock'n roll.

This PG-13 sub-forum would provide the solution to not having to speak indirectly about things, but eventually it would just grow into a minor /b/ forum, where discussing in direct terms would not be the focus in posts.

You can discuss pretty much every subject with conservative wording and if you can't then it really doesn't have a place on any real discussion forum, and probably belongs over at 4chan.

Or maybe we could have a place that doesn't have such strict rules so that hilarious topics like Caught Them and Funny Picture Thread could have been allowed to thrive.

If you really think about it, the "Ever Caught Them" thread was just a place where people posted about catching people doing sexual stuff. How do you find that "hilarious"?

I agree we need the Funny Picture thread should come back, but its up to the community to prove they are mature and responsible to keep to the guidelines of the thread set by a moderator or administrator. The sole reason the thread was removed is because people failed to keep to the guidelines, posting inappropriate pictures and whatnot.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Honestly, there are other forums out there that covers pg-13 contents. Tip.It was meant for runescape, not:

about guns.

about violence.

about sex.

about war.

about drugs.

about complex knowledge.

about government and politics.

Alright... there has been some talks about these kind of things but still.

Honestly, there are other forums out there that covers pg-13 contents. Tip.It was meant for runescape, not:

about guns.

about violence.

about sex.

about war.

about drugs.

about complex knowledge.

about government and politics.

Alright... there has been some talks about these kind of things but still.

There's a reason why there is an Off-Topic, so that there is a place for TIF to discuss such things as you listed above; TIF is not purely for runescape, but for other things too. (well mainly in OT), and harrinator is suggesting a board under off-topic, it's not like it'd be put under general discussion for RSers.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The main reason we are so sceptic with Funny Pictures threads nowadays is because they've been abused a lot in the past, several times, despite some of the mods insisting on giving it yet another chance. Don't you think a forum like the one you're proposing would get even more abused?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

What is hard for me to understand is how users could not comply to the rules of the funny pictures thread. It's so clear and obvious, how it managed to go wrong is beyond me.

Because people get carried away. I think it's a great idea in theory and I'd like to see a funny pictures thread - but in practice people just can't control themselves.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

What is hard for me to understand is how users could not comply to the rules of the funny pictures thread. It's so clear and obvious, how it managed to go wrong is beyond me.

People did comply for a while. It is those who keep on pressing the rules to the edge and to the point of getting the thread locked/hidden. For example, if there was a no nudity rule, people would post images of people in little clothing as possible, but since they are not nude, technically did not violate the rule, but it was too close.

I thought we WERE PG13, I mean Runescape itself is 13+, we're a fansite so I merely would assume we'd follow that trend.

You can play Runescape if you are under 13 now, but you can only use quick chat worlds.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I thought we WERE PG13, I mean Runescape itself is 13+, we're a fansite so I merely would assume we'd follow that trend.

Tip.it has always been a G-rated forum to ensure that everything is family friendly. Not saying I agree with that rating, but that's just the way it is :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

If people want to talk more freely, there are less censored forums out there. Don't really see a reason for a RS forum to go that path.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

ehhh.....tbh, it would be hard to regulate. and 13 still isnt mature enough. what people could do is make an 18+ forum and the mods can see who joins the forums just to post on the 18+ threads and based on their maturiy in their posts (which, if its like a 13 yr old, be very low), ban them.

or....

the 18+ forum could be hidden to all users under 18, and even if you are "18" (as a deterrent to above loophole), youd have to had also been a member of the forums for at least 1-1.5 years. that way, new accounts made by immature 13 yr olds cant enter those forums for another 1-1.5 years, and i doubt theyd want to wait that long just to talk about adult stuff.

basically, above paragraph states these requirements:

- age 18+

- if 18+, mustve been forum member for at least 1-1.5 years

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

A PG-13 subforum is not really necessary.

We already have an off-topic board for everything off-topic. "Inappropriate" threads were locked due to people not able to control themselves.

@ xxxgod: You can't judge maturity by someone's age. Basically what dsavi said.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention