03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

Just read you CAN use turmoil and deflect at the same time. Deflect seems a bit useless in pvm though, since they fully protect you against that style, so no damage will be deflected, right?

According to the KB you can't.

As I said, it APPEARS they are fairly useless, it depends entirely on the drain rate along with how much damage reflects back. If reflect + leech prayers don't use too much prayer AND a decent amount of damage is reflected back then it'll probably be worth doing, however I see turmoil as useless in PvM unless you're using it on normal monsters, but I imagine it has a huge drain rate.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turmoil may be useful in Corping and Zam Gwd I think. With a huge mass protect prayer is not really that needed, and Kril does not have an AOE attack, then again somebody need to test this out. :P

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Just read you CAN use turmoil and deflect at the same time. Deflect seems a bit useless in pvm though, since they fully protect you against that style, so no damage will be deflected, right?

According to the KB you can't.

As I said, it APPEARS they are fairly useless, it depends entirely on the drain rate along with how much damage reflects back. If reflect + leech prayers don't use too much prayer AND a decent amount of damage is reflected back then it'll probably be worth doing, however I see turmoil as useless in PvM unless you're using it on normal monsters, but I imagine it has a huge drain rate.

I've heard from different sources now that you can.

I assume that the damage that "can be deflected back" is the potential damage of that strike were you not being protected.. As you say bedman, otherwuise there's not much point in using the deflect prayer rather than protect from prayer in PvM since it's 100% protection (I know there are cases where this isn't true e.g. verac, but in general this is the case).

I would therefore assume that if as an example you were deflecting melee against a steel dragon, that periodically you would deflect back some damage to your foe, irrespective of the fact that it can not do any melee damage to you.

If it didn't work per my example above, then it would effectively mean that for non-PvP it's just a protection prayer.

Haven't tested any of this as I'm not in game at the moment, so all of the above is just assumption.

It would be interesting to see the results from people who are using the prayers.

Mordendravid.png

Seeing I'll be F2P for a while, I can't do the quest to check this out:

Head_image_mom4.jpg

What's the armour? :eek:

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

But what is the shield?

And it only resembles Zamorak vestments if you squint real hard. All other header images had were more true to the game.

Edit: nevermind, the shield is probably an obsidian shield.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

i've been doing a few barrows runs using deflect, and it does deflect, but highest i've seen is 4 so far and its not very common.

The max any of the brothers can hit if in the 50's (dh) so if its 10% recoil, it would soon add up at GWD.

Whats the drain rate like?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

There is an interesting topic on this on RSOF where people are testing things out. Rumor is turmoil caps at 10 extra percent, but that's still 33% str!

That's not a rumour, it says so in the KB :unsure:

I mean, caps at 10% of your own, so you can't use the full 10 % of Jad's strength.

And someone tested, piety + protect melee drains quicker than turmoil + deflect melee (14.8 seconds vs 16.5 or something, for 10 prayer pts in identical gear).

Reward is brilliant new metals we have needed for a very long time, now we need high alch tabs and I'll be living on lunar spellbook + new prayers :P

New Metals? :blink: Wah?

PS: There is a guy spamming XD, where is Darkdude?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Reward is brilliant new metals we have needed for a very long time, now we need high alch tabs and I'll be living on lunar spellbook + new prayers :P

New Metals? :blink: Wah?

PS: There is a guy spamming XD, where is Darkdude?

What? Picture? :P

The description of the new prayers sounds interesting. Now the question would be how fast these prayers drain. I don't really like the idea of having to change prayer books like how we change spell books though, it's not like Jagex can't set a few rules to prevent stacking of certain prayers, instead of changing the prayer book every now and then.

And I heard that prayer points drained using these new prayers cannot be restored on normal altars, is that true? :-o

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Loved cutscene at end with Abyss Monk saying "I nearly lost the universe there"

"knock on head"

What new metals are you talking about mate?

With new metals we can have new armor! And tools! And stuff!

You know...

11-1.jpg[

"knock on head"

You know...

He meant that there were new metal dragons.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

"knock on head"

You know...

He meant that there were new metal dragons.

Finally steel dragons without having to kill 150 irons for a 30 steel task.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png