21-Dec-09 Christmas 09 Event

Toad

Christmas time has come round again and the Queen of Snow has invited guests to her realm for one of her legendary Christmas feasts, and perhaps a snowball fight or two. Hop into one of the Christmas cupboards in Varrock, Falador or Draynor to join in the festivities along with Santa Claus, Jack Frost, and an entourage of guests from across RuneScape.

Hard as it may be to believe, not everyone in the Land of Snow is full of Christmas cheer. The Queen of Snows neighbour, Ebenezer Scourge, isnt known for his goodwill or for his love of a good party, but thats nothing to worry about. Nothings going to go wrong. Im quite sure that this year well have a quiet Christmas. Im almost certain that therell be no kidnapping, ghosts of Christmas past, magical curses or vigilante snow imps.

Adventurers with the impish cunning to see this one through will be richly rewarded with a dramatic new emote, a fiendish costume, and not to mention a tasty-looking and festive wieldable item.

Merry Christmas from all of the RuneScape team!

Mod Edam

RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

Weve enabled a new graphical feature called 'particles' in the game engine. Youll most likely notice our first use of particles during the Christmas event. Use of particles can be set to high, medium or low in the Graphics Options menu. Players with older versions of Java might not be able to experience the effects to their full potential. If this is the case, you may not be able see the snow particles or change this detail setting.

http://www.runescape.com/c=gNSJSoUdqBA/kbase/guid/christmas_2009 :)

Four more wallpapers can be found in the Downloads section, featuring Tz-Tok Jad, the Corporeal Beast, a tormented demon and a balance elemental.

This comes with a new Players' Gallery full of great player-created artwork for you to check out.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front page post is up:

Christmas time has come round again and the Queen of Snow has invited guests to her realm for one of her legendary Christmas feasts, and perhaps a snowball fight or two. Hop into one of the Christmas cupboards in Varrock, Falador or Draynor to join in the festivities along with Santa Claus, Jack Frost, and an entourage of guests from across RuneScape.

Hard as it may be to believe, not everyone in the Land of Snow is full of Christmas cheer. The Queen of Snow’s neighbour, Ebenezer Scourge, isn’t known for his goodwill or for his love of a good party, but that’s nothing to worry about. Nothing’s going to go wrong. I’m quite sure that this year we’ll have a quiet Christmas. I’m almost certain that there’ll be no kidnapping, ghosts of Christmas past, magical curses or vigilante snow imps.

Adventurers with the impish cunning to see this one through will be richly rewarded with a dramatic new emote, a fiendish costume, and not to mention a tasty-looking and festive wieldable item.

Merry Christmas from all of the RuneScape team!

Mod Edam

RuneScape Content Developer

-Edit-

Dammit beaten to it.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Aren't you.... fast?

Can't wait to do this one, and of course the person I planned to do the update with is away. Carp and salmon! -.-

Oh well, I'll be fishing while, and hopefully enjoying snow. Warm lovely snow.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Guess without looking in POH:

[hide]Candy cane and imp outfit[/hide]

The particle effects should be good but won't be able to view them on this computer most likely, it crashes sometimes running lowest specs and it's only 3 years old. :P

imagangster.png

Patch notes

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Fixed a hole near some wall beasts in the Lumbridge Swamp Dungeon.

* Adjusted the chathead of the witch in Draynor Manor to match the rest of the NPC.

* Silverlight and Darklight have now been updated in line with last weeks Demon Slayer changes.

Audio

* A music track from Blood Runs Deep was spelt incorrectly.

* Added a music track name to some unlock information.

Quests

* Ensured the deflect curses are behaving correctly during the Blood Runs Deep quest.

* Updated an NPC config in Soul's Bane so the player can walk through them.

Miscellaneous

* Changed the name and examine for part of the bar in the Blue Moon Inn.

* Adjusted the Wintumber tree checks so you can't plant it 'indoors'.

* Fire runes should now have more flexibility on the Grand Exchange.

* Adjusted the code so you can use black spears against tormented wraiths.

* Fixed a problem with the leprechaun champion event and the Adventurer's Log.

* Any item sold to shops will now always fetch at least 1gp.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Reward:

[hide]Candy Cane and Christmas Chost robes and hood.[/hide]

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Guess without looking in POH:

[hide]Candy cane and imp outfit[/hide]

Exactly my thoughts :P

Edit - Close enough.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Woot! Can't wait! Unfortunately, I promised my son he could watch me go through it Wednesday morning when I'm off work...

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

From the 8 thousand imps and people walking around, you lag and can't click anything. One problem still with events like this. Too many people in such a small area.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Darklight should have had a graphical update now too :)

Silverlight and Darklight have both had their graphics improved. I have both swords mounted in my POH. The handles are now white with a green gem encrusted into them, and the blades are more detailed.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.