21-Dec-09 Christmas 09 Event

Toad

Darklight should have had a graphical update now too :)

Silverlight and Darklight have both had their graphics improved. I have both swords mounted in my POH. The handles are now white with a green gem encrusted into them, and the blades are more detailed.

Yes the point was last week with the f2p quest updates silverlight was redone to look awesome.

Darklight was forgotten but was updated this week

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to take off your cape to complete the quest. I'm a Free player now and have a skillcape. Not going to happen.

Can anyone else confirm this? Because it seems like a dirty move on Jagex's part, especially after they scrapped their plans to make skill capes re-weildable on F2P. This seriously ticks me off. Last year was my glory ammy, I could accept that. But 2 years in a row, and this being such a key item removed....

The idea of putting imps into this event was a just, plain bad idea. It wasn't a big deal last time as they were spread about the whole world, but this year cramming them in along with all the people doing it anyway, especially considering you have to do a puzzle with all of them around makes it spectacularly obtuse.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

You have to take off your cape to complete the quest. I'm a Free player now and have a skillcape. Not going to happen.

Can anyone else confirm this? Because it seems like a dirty move on Jagex's part, especially after they scrapped their plans to make skill capes re-weildable on F2P. This seriously ticks me off. Last year was my glory ammy, I could accept that. But 2 years in a row, and this being such a key item removed....

You do have to take your cape off. The imp says you don't look very much like a ghost with it on.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

Not to be [bleep] but both could just get members for the event then put back on your members stuff and then go back to f2p and think your cool rocking the members items again in f2p. And dont cry me a river about not being able to afford a RS membership there are always ways of making money. Even if you collect cans for a few days or you beg for handouts at a gas station for a couple of hours you will be able to come up with the 6.50 or whatever it is for a month of Runscape membership.

You do have to take your cape off. The imp says you don't look very much like a ghost with it on.

That makes sense. Jagex probably wasn't thinking of non-members with skillcapes when they wrote it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Just some hints if anyone needs / wants them

[hide=Spoiler Alert]

I cannot be certain if the event is different for every player, so i apologize in advance if anything is wrong

1. When you're looking for an imp, talk to the one inside the queen's tent. You can find him via the yellow dot on the minimap

2. When making your ghost costume, look in all the cupboards and barrels (keep any buckets you find)

3. You are looking for: Bedsheets, Chain, Needle, Thread, Buckets (needed later in the event)

4. When dealing with the curse, talk to Betty, and she will tell you something about how to free the guests

5. Pay attention to the order of the curse

[hide=Curse cure] Use your buckets on the fountain, then onto the guests[/hide]

[/hide]

Have fun all, have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year

From the 8 thousand imps and people walking around, you lag and can't click anything. One problem still with events like this. Too many people in such a small area.

I didnt have too much of a problem with lag, it was a little laggier then usual, but I guess it depends on the pc.

The snow and particle effects look really nice. Cant wait for them to add it to the other areas. :mrgreen:

Now I just need to find out how to smuggle some of the feast food out of the land of snow. :-k

[hide=quotes]

Not to be [bleep] but both could just get members for the event then put back on your members stuff and then go back to f2p and think your cool rocking the members items again in f2p. And dont cry me a river about not being able to afford a RS membership there are always ways of making money. Even if you collect cans for a few days or you beg for handouts at a gas station for a couple of hours you will be able to come up with the 6.50 or whatever it is for a month of Runscape membership.

By stating 'Not to be [bleep]', you have already proved that you are, but I will spare you from that. Before making assumptions, you need to assess all the factors, not just the ones you deem most important. I am not willing to spend £5 to complete one event. If I intended to play properly again, then I would certainly pay the £5 and be done with it. Instead of assuming that you know everything and trying to take the 'high horse', why don't you ask why instead of spouting preconceived rubbish. Thanks.

[/hide]

Why is it so important to keep the cape on, making you loose out on a once in a lifetime event if you arent playing properly anyway?

By stating 'Not to be [bleep]', you have already proved that you are, but I will spare you from that. Before making assumptions, you need to assess all the factors, not just the ones you deem most important. I am not willing to spend £5 to complete one event. If I intended to play properly again, then I would certainly pay the £5 and be done with it. Instead of assuming that you know everything and trying to take the 'high horse', why don't you ask why instead of spouting preconceived rubbish. Thanks.

I get what he means though. I don't see why Jagex should bend over backwards for ex-members wanting to make themselves look better than anyone else on F2P. It's just pretentious showing off imo.

I disagree with the 'everyone can afford RS membership' thing, but he's right that if you want to wear members items you need to be a member.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I guess I shouldn't have expected a fun event. :P

I didn't like it.. was laggy.. especially the 100000 imps in the room.

I don't think a ghost outfit is very Christmasy either.

Oh well... the candy cane is nice I guess.

I think events where you actually did stuff on the mainland instead of some small contained area are a lot more fun.

Particles effect looks great.

The event setting looks great, I like the dragon sculpture!

The plot, [hide] could've been less cheesy without the love triangle between the Ice Queen, NICK the santa and the scourge. Gah. <_< [/hide]

The reward is looks great, too bad I don't have the scythe.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Not really christmas related but..

Warning Potential non-christmas spoilers below.

The cache has some new Myreque related models in it, wich i haven't seen in game yet.

If anyone want to see some pics let me know and i'll post them here.

[hide]I'd be interested in seeing them. Do put them in hide tags, please. Maybe start a new thread as it's unrelated to this?[/hide]

On topic: I wonder if some of the lag (besides being due to NPCs) might have also been affected by particles?

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Looks a bit boring, but I suppose I do have a few bank spaces free...

Off the topic

Blackwhale, care to PM me a link on how to access the cache data?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

How nice, Kristmas Klan robes.

I liked the event, but it was nigh impossible to find yer imp. Where was the flashing arrow that should have been there?

The emote was hella funny! Jagex gets in a poke at all the RSOF trolls and their ASCII pointing graphic.

SCROOGE YOU FAIL!!!

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours