Mint Cakes

Leoo

Na it's ridiculously stupid, but its really hard to get mints from that minigame.

Granted that, but did you know there was another way to get one?

You can get one from Longramble, in return for a player-made Tangled Toad's Legs. (Cannot be store-bought.)

Longramble is south of the Mountains east of poison waste spirit tree (available after completing The Path of Glouphrie quest.

I'm not sure if there is a limit on how many you can get from him or not.

You can only get 1. :(

1 forever or per day?

Plus couldn't a person make say 10 of the Tangled Toad's legs and then wait at the spirit tree and ask anyone they see to get a mint cake off the gnome?

Only one...

And yes, they ARE rare, I do gnome cuisine on a regular base, and never gotten an item, except goggles. Have about 400-500 deliveries under my name. :c

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I got a mint cake during the summer when there was a big hype around getting the scarves and now I don't have any junk or use for it. Guess I'll just keep it in the bank o_o

I also have one, but no junk.

I don't even understand junk because whatever you do you still pay money to receive junk and the only time you will get more than what you payed for is if an item was merchanted and it got dumped on you the prices might still be higher than you payed.

helbovie.png

Mint Cakes are ultimately the result of the rampant inflation caused by the PvP artifacts. Because so much money has entered the game, it has become less important (much like in Diablo 2), so the richest players created their own currency. In Diablo 2, it was known as Stone of Jordan (SOJs) and then 3.20.20s and I have no idea what it is now.

It's only a matter of time until Jagex bursts the "bubble" by either making mint cakes untradeable or adding a new method of easily obtaining them that ruins the "rarity."

td2sig.jpg

It's a PvP drop? :blink:

Maybe i'm mistaken, since I never PvP but I believe one of my friends was making a big deal about getting 'the new item' from PvP. He showed me a mint cake.

It's a PvP drop? :blink:

Maybe i'm mistaken, since I never PvP but I believe one of my friends was making a big deal about getting 'the new item' from PvP. He showed me a mint cake.

Entirely possible if the person he killed had it in his inventory, given it has a low GE value (and is therefore more likely to be a part of the victor's rewards).

td2sig.jpg

It's only a matter of time until Jagex bursts the "bubble" by either making mint cakes untradeable or adding a new method of easily obtaining them that ruins the "rarity."

There's no real reason for them to change it though seeing as how it doesn't really affect anyone. (Although I might be mistaken)

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Mint Cakes are ultimately the result of the rampant inflation caused by the PvP artifacts. Because so much money has entered the game, it has become less important (much like in Diablo 2), so the richest players created their own currency. In Diablo 2, it was known as Stone of Jordan (SOJs) and then 3.20.20s and I have no idea what it is now.

this is true, but cash still holds a lot of value, though less than it used to.

helbovie.png

Noooo, actually.

PvP has been shown by several people to not be the main cause of inflation. And you state that jagex will "fix" mint cakes as a fact. Whilst there is, of course, that chance, it is by no means a sure thing. And if they do, then players will use another item as a fiat currency, and the cycle will continue.

The players are smarter than jagex, in many ways. The market will most likely never be based only on the GE price, unless jagex removes free trade altogether.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

There's no real reason for them to change it though seeing as how it doesn't really affect anyone. (Although I might be mistaken)

They have done nothing about any other aspects of the junk market, and have in fact stated that they approve of it. Paranoid much lol?

Mint cakes are used mainly for trading rares as to get the street price of the trade high without using alot of junk. And why would jagex fix mint cakes when they don't need fixing? Oh waittt jagex... Yep then they probably will "fix" them

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Na it's ridiculously stupid, but its really hard to get mints from that minigame.

You can get one from Longramble, in return for a player-made Tangled Toad's Legs. (Cannot be store-bought.)

Longramble is south of the Mountains east of poison waste spirit tree (available after completing The Path of Glouphrie quest.

1 forever or per day?

Plus couldn't a person make say 10 of the Tangled Toad's legs and then wait at the spirit tree and ask anyone they see to get a mint cake off the gnome?

This is exactly what some people are doing. I personally was asked to give some Tangled toad's legs to the gnome without even thinking. The I saw the mint cake; I, of course, then said to the guy, "Do you really think I'd give you something this expensive? It's in the millions on the street." He replied by saying lots of people were giving him them. =/

I am nice. . .

1 forever or per day?

This is exactly what some people are doing. I personally was asked to give some Tangled toad's legs to the gnome without even thinking. The I saw the mint cake; I, of course, then said to the guy, "Do you really think I'd give you something this expensive? It's in the millions on the street." He replied by saying lots of people were giving him them. =/

The same thing happened to me, but I didn't know what mint cakes were worth and I thought I was helping him out by giving it to him #-o .

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

It's basically the current Spinach Roll. Who cares? I can sum up Mint Cakes very easily.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

There. That takes care of that.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

It's basically the current Spinach Roll. Who cares? I can sum up Mint Cakes very easily.

technically you can buy spinach rolls from rasolo, that isnt the case for mint cakes

just sayin

Naaxi.png

technically you can buy spinach rolls from rasolo, that isnt the case for mint cakes

just sayin

I said the current Spinach Roll, thereby implying that the Spinach Roll had a history. The history of the Spinach Roll being that it was a common item that could be easily attained, but got a reputation for being rare, despite how worthless it is, and had a value to some people that were ignorant of what it truly way.

And I'm talking about like on Classic. So yeah... :unsure:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Mint cakes =/= Spinach Roll.

As Me_Hate_Libs said: Yes, mint cakes are just like spinach rolls used to be. I remember getting them as drops from Moss Giants and thinking, "I can't believe people actually try and pass these off as rares." Well, nowadays I most certainly can believe it. Mint cakes are utterly [developmentally delayed]ed, and I can't wait till Jagex changes Gnome Delivery and makes them common items.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

It's not really stupid. Although I have never been caught up in mint cakes, I think they provide a decent way for people to buy into the rares market now. I'm not sure where the confusion lies, things that have a stable low supply and high demand will obviously increase in value, especially since price and trading caps.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I'm fine with mint cakes now as the player base seems to have developed sufficient faith to keep them afloat as a permanent street item. I'd much rather deal with mint cakes as opposed to crashing junk.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png