Mint Cakes

Leoo

They are a form of currency these days. In order to get around the GE some type of junk/risings have to be used as currency.

Really its just for upgrading/downgrading assets that are bought out/unsellable. If you have some unsellable items, put them up in a trade with some unbuyable items and trade for cash. If you have an item thats bought out, you can downgrade it for cash + other unbuyables.

tipitsig.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally see no reason to talk about this.

It's a stupid item and it's no real rare to invest money in for this obvious reason:

Haloween masks & phats etc are items that came in the game ages ago and they were increasing very fast.

I even remember a clanleader back in the days alching his phat set and putting the movie on the clan forums for showing his protest against the way people wanna pay outrageous prices for a 'useless' item.

But point is: due to people quiting the game or getting banned for numerous reasons. The amount of these 'real' rares gets smaller and smaller. There simply is no way to bring new phats/h'ween masks into the game.

So they are destined to keep raising in price.

Mint cakes can be obtained by any member if you keep doing the mini-game. So there's no reason to pay multiple millions in junk for this item as it isn't destined to become rare.

It will become more common and common every week since players are keen to gather them now. So be smart and sell em as soon as you can.

Only point is: who has 5mil junk to trade for the cash? Anyway good luck and don't invest in this!

I used my spare 24mil (a month or 2 back) to use a green mask (I already have a red one) and guess what:

Red went to 54 mil (was 38m at that time) and green went from 23.5 to 43 mil... That's the difference between real rares and the mint cake things...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

It's basically the current Spinach Roll. Who cares? I can sum up Mint Cakes very easily.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

There. That takes care of that.

Mint cakes =/= Spinach Roll.

As Me_Hate_Libs said: Yes, mint cakes are just like spinach rolls used to be. I remember getting them as drops from Moss Giants and thinking, "I can't believe people actually try and pass these off as rares." Well, nowadays I most certainly can believe it. Mint cakes are utterly [developmentally delayed]ed, and I can't wait till Jagex changes Gnome Delivery and makes them common items.

Maybe I'm the only person here who thinks mint cakes were a brilliant idea. They are not the same as spinach rolls. Spinach rolls were abused heavily by scammers back in the day who traded them for valueble items, claiming the roll was worth millions. It was more of a scammer's trademark than a merchant's. Mint cakes are completely different in that they are popular in the trade limit era (spinach rolls were from way back when trade limits didn't exist and many players didn't know the value of some items). The reason they exist is not to scam players (with a 60k trade limit, every 15 minutes, it's not the most efficient technique) but to circulate junk. The real merchants don't wet themselves over a mint cake because its uber rare. If at all, the reason they wet themselves for getting a good deal on a mint cake with junk, and then are able to add their own junk and turn around and sell for profit. No scamming here, just clever trading.

So as a final comparison, how were spinach rolls used? Unsuspecting Player selling valueble item was offered a spinach roll by scammer who claimed it was worth a lot. Player accepted trade, tried to resell spinach roll but then discovered it was worthless (unless they managed to re-scam another player). There may have been a time where spinach rolls were treated like mint cakes, but that is beyond my knowledge and nowadays the trade limit prevents the scamming side of spinachroll-type trades. As for mint cakes, they are offered with large amounts of junk from a seller and the buyer receives the cake and the junk and can then add their own junk to resell. OR the mint cakes can be offered for highly demanded items like spirit shields in addition to a cash pile to supplement the mint cakes and get within the trade limit. So if a player offers 550mil and 3 mint cakes for an item, the seller of the item gets the 550m and can resell the mint cakes for incredible amounts with junk. I find it brilliant. Everybody wins, unlike the spinach roll where although some merchants could utilize it, many were scammed by it.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Yes, exactly warren. That is what I have been saying for a long time. Mint cake is a fiat currency, used to match up an items street to ge price.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

So if I had a mint cake, I could just stroll into World 2 and sell for max trade price? No junk. :unsure:

You can take the woman out of the South...

but you cannot take the South out of the woman!

1st law of logic: people are stupid, i got myself a 24h ags intrade of a mint cake

You sir, are the stupid one. Mint cakes are worth 5m+ street price. you could have sold tons of junk, but instead you got a worthless ags lend....

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

1st law of logic: people are stupid, i got myself a 24h ags intrade of a mint cake

You sir, are the stupid one. Mint cakes are worth 5m+ street price. you could have sold tons of junk, but instead you got a worthless ags lend....

Yes, i'm stupid, your stupid, everyone is stupid, but instead of spending hours gathering "junk" i got 24h ags lend that lead to 2 ss splits and 1 bandos hilt split, alongside 5m of lsp.

Why someone would spend hours gathering junk when making regular money is more profitable is beyond me.

Yes, i'm stupid, your stupid, everyone is stupid, but instead of spending hours gathering "junk" i got 24h ags lend that lead to 2 ss splits and 1 bandos hilt split, alongside 5m of lsp.

Why someone would spend hours gathering junk when making regular money is more profitable is beyond me.

don't forget that you could buy risings with mint cakes which already makes money for you or add it into one of your items that are crashing so you don't lose money.

an ags for 24 hrs is hardly worth that offer. <_< i seriously doubt that your ags would of made any difference in those drops.

don't forget that you could buy risings with mint cakes which already makes money for you or add it into one of your items that are crashing so you don't lose money.

an ags for 24 hrs is hardly worth that offer. <_< i seriously doubt that your ags would of made any difference in those drops.

Well, of course that it wouldnt make a difference in drops, but it would make a difference in getting into a team, since the RSOF elitist only accept lv 125- on their team that have either ags or sgs.

Because, it isn't always.

There are several ways of making 1m+ junk an hour.

You can also brew certain things, which have a high junk profit for little work.

And Dem, you act as if being elitist is bad.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I personally see no reason to talk about this.

It's a stupid item and it's no real rare to invest money in for this obvious reason:

Haloween masks & phats etc are items that came in the game ages ago and they were increasing very fast.

I even remember a clanleader back in the days alching his phat set and putting the movie on the clan forums for showing his protest against the way people wanna pay outrageous prices for a 'useless' item.

But point is: due to people quiting the game or getting banned for numerous reasons. The amount of these 'real' rares gets smaller and smaller. There simply is no way to bring new phats/h'ween masks into the game.

So they are destined to keep raising in price.

Mint cakes can be obtained by any member if you keep doing the mini-game. So there's no reason to pay multiple millions in junk for this item as it isn't destined to become rare.

It will become more common and common every week since players are keen to gather them now. So be smart and sell em as soon as you can.

Only point is: who has 5mil junk to trade for the cash? Anyway good luck and don't invest in this!

I used my spare 24mil (a month or 2 back) to use a green mask (I already have a red one) and guess what:

Red went to 54 mil (was 38m at that time) and green went from 23.5 to 43 mil... That's the difference between real rares and the mint cake things...

I can't believe it took you that long to say mint cakes aren't discontinued.

To be fair though, I have had some people offer me mint cakes for free, they're not that rare. But they're definitely a useful tool.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

225735017_646fbef089.jpg

How can you not invest in these? NOM NOM NOM....

But seriously, as long as trade is hindered by limits people will flock to items like the mint cakes in droves.

They will ALWAYS exist until trading restrictions are loosened. Burnt Shrimp rose to 10 GP each and was removed with all burnt foods for "RWT" concerns agos ago from the GE.

I Personally feel that the lack of resource gathers supplying raw materials has led to the inflation, not pvp cash.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Well, of course that it wouldnt make a difference in drops, but it would make a difference in getting into a team, since the RSOF elitist only accept lv 125- on their team that have either ags or sgs.

A mint cake for a 24h ags lend is actually a very bad deal. You could have gotten five 24h ags loans by buying junk for the ags loan and selling it with a mint.

Money_Wasted.png

Guest TrixStar

They are a form of currency these days. In order to get around the GE some type of junk/risings have to be used as currency.

Really its just for upgrading/downgrading assets that are bought out/unsellable. If you have some unsellable items, put them up in a trade with some unbuyable items and trade for cash. If you have an item thats bought out, you can downgrade it for cash + other unbuyables.

There in lies the problem with the economy in this game. Items like a mint cake from a mini-game shouldn't be used as currency.

There in lies the problem with the economy in this game. Items like a mint cake from a mini-game shouldn't be used as currency.

Why?

Stonewall337.png

Emergent gameplay is a fickle thing, no?

Money is an arbitrary item that does not serve any actual purpose other than money. Mint cakes are about the same level of usefulness but can't be obtained except through one main source which is slow and unguaranteed. It cannot be created with magic or killing things. It becomes a protected item of sorts. Why not?

People do not trust coin as much since it is so easily obtained and the value of items compared to money is much more chaotic.

Mint cakes are the equivalent of gold bars in RL, but the same problem also lies in that it will only last as long as people maintain faith in it, like other money. It too will see the day when it is not a wanted item anymore. Gold in real life will eventually crash when somebody with a large supply of it will start cashing out and then everybody else will too and goodbye investment. Sounds familiar?

But like a certain man on a news network that appears to be crazy but knows what he is doing, you may as well take advantage of the situation now.

8f14270694.jpg

Emergent gameplay is a fickle thing, no?

Money is an arbitrary item that does not serve any actual purpose other than money. Mint cakes are about the same level of usefulness but can't be obtained except through one main source which is slow and unguaranteed. It cannot be created with magic or killing things. It becomes a protected item of sorts. Why not?

People do not trust coin as much since it is so easily obtained and the value of items compared to money is much more chaotic.

Mint cakes are the equivalent of gold bars in RL, but the same problem also lies in that it will only last as long as people maintain faith in it, like other money. It too will see the day when it is not a wanted item anymore. Gold in real life will eventually crash when somebody with a large supply of it will start cashing out and then everybody else will too and goodbye investment. Sounds familiar?

But like a certain man on a news network that appears to be crazy but knows what he is doing, you may as well take advantage of the situation now.

Exactly. What Trixstar said makes absolutely no sense. There is no reason why in a role playing game, one item should not gain a different use then what it was created for.

Stonewall337.png

Derailing the topic for a moment...

I am concerned, however, that there isn't anybody on the Jagex staff that know anything about economics aside from situational research that they consider to be immediately important to them. They would benefit greatly from having an inside person that deals with the market on a hands-on basis and relays crucial details regarding trade, including this mint cake development. No more blundering about in the dark with heavy handed judgement calls.

I think they rely on player mods to bring this stuff up. It doesn't seem to be working.

Back on topic: I would not mind trading mint cakes for anything above their actual value as long as profit is gained. Being conservative about vague situations like the temporary adoption of cakes for cash saves a lot of trouble in the long run. :P

8f14270694.jpg

225735017_646fbef089.jpg

How can you not invest in these? NOM NOM NOM....

But seriously, as long as trade is hindered by limits people will flock to items like the mint cakes in droves.

They will ALWAYS exist until trading restrictions are loosened. Burnt Shrimp rose to 10 GP each and was removed with all burnt foods for "RWT" concerns agos ago from the GE.

I Personally feel that the lack of resource gathers supplying raw materials has led to the inflation, not pvp cash.

OMFG... That cake looks delicious... We should have Cakeurdays on TIF, tbh...

We are finally seeing the long-term results of trade limits, and GE restrictions.

Lol, wut? Because mint cakes aren't rising fast enough and are therefore being used as cash? Of course trade limits are problems, but, as we've learned, they're completely necessary (RWT, if you didn't catch it, and yes, I believe Jagex's lies). People have found a way around the trade limits (junk), and there's nothing wrong with that. It's emergent game play, it works, and if people don't want to follow along with it, then too bad I guess.

guido_49.png