New F2P Skill

killer9823

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still crossing my fingers for some sort of bard or music skill.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING COMMENT IS ME CLUTCHING AT STRAWS AND WISPS OF AIR: In Blood Runs Deep, the prince is tasked with playing music to bolster the spirits of the fighters as they battle the Dagannoth Kings. I think that'd be a great use for a music skill. Have a guy stand outside Zilyana's room playing a tune that doubles everyone's run energy restore rate.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Why can't it be Archeology? Of course it can, it would just need more development.

*Sigh* it will just be another skill for me to get to 1 mil xp lol

i hope it is at least fun to train

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

The skill of course starts with the letter B.

I have direct information that the new skill will be BANKING. The skill will consist of Jagex's central bank lending money to member owned banks which lend to FTP. From what I know so far levels 1-30 are simply known as sub prime.

The skill is on hold due to a serious bug:

Currently member banks are forced to lend to F2P no matter what their skill level is. One tester remarked how easy it was with level one banking to get a 10 million gp loan from a P2P member with no intention of paying it back!

The only solutions Jagex has come up with is to give the member banks more gold or reinstate the black hole and rename it "Debtor's Prison."

Just to throw something completely random, what if it has something to do with the varrock museum barge with the island you will be able to go to if you have 200 (?) plus kudos?

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Just to throw something completely random, what if it has something to do with the varrock museum barge with the island you will be able to go to if you have 200 (?) plus kudos?

I believe they said that they didn't have any specific plans for Kudos Island yet.

priest_wiz.png

Yes, many people think the skill will be Barding. That would be an awful skill. So no Barding skill, okay Morningwood? Er... I mean rise. :oops:

Not to mention its been done before (FFXI had a Bard extra class) and a while ago, when the Dev Blog for rest came out, a JMod said they weren't making a skill of it.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

So has this been discussed? What cape is the guy throwing the shotput wearing?

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/warriors_guild

This has already been confirmed to be an existing skill cape by a jmod on the RSOF. I can't remember where or what cape it was said to be, but rest assured its not the cap of a new skill. I believe it was on a sailing topic too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm hoping the new skill is noncombat. The existing combat triangle needs to be fixed before they add more complexity to the system. A skill that bridges between those already here would be most welcome.

Tact.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The skill of course starts with the letter B.

I have direct information that the new skill will be BANKING. The skill will consist of Jagex's central bank lending money to member owned banks which lend to FTP. From what I know so far levels 1-30 are simply known as sub prime.

The skill is on hold due to a serious bug:

Currently member banks are forced to lend to F2P no matter what their skill level is. One tester remarked how easy it was with level one banking to get a 10 million gp loan from a P2P member with no intention of paying it back!

The only solutions Jagex has come up with is to give the member banks more gold or reinstate the black hole and rename it "Debtor's Prison."

Note to self: Stay F2P until I get that 10M!!!

On a more serious note, knowing Jagex, it will come as a surprise to everyone, except those who think they're too cool to be surprised... Most likely, it will be something that a year after the release, we will be asking "How did we get along without that?" and hoping for more updates towards it.

Hmm... Starts with a "B"? How about bullying? You chase down low level noobs and keep killing them! No, wait... That's what they call PvP.

If you want to know who I am, then just ask.

As a general rule of thumb, I believe that most humans are idiots.

Runescape players doubly so.