13-Jan-2010 Postbag from the Hedge

Askthedude

[...]maybe we'll be seeing the trio of dragonkin from WGS crashing the party? =D

Duuuuude, that would be awesome!

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from another forum

A man: From beneath you, it devours. Jungle, desert ice. Defeating it shall reward many kinds of adventurers.

A plan: The plAnets aRe set to aligN; kith anD kin will fight. More than one judGe is fAted to die thiS yeaR howevEr.

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmaster here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

Thanks to Callisto57

Although "from beneath you it devours" is a term in Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the Hellmouth lol

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

[...]maybe we'll be seeing the trio of dragonkin from WGS crashing the party? =D

Duuuuude, that would be awesome!

I certainly think the Dragonkin will have something to do with the upcoming Ritual. Jagex wouldn't use the term 'kith and kin' without hinting at the Kin. They were tasked by Jas to guard his Stone, and lucien stole it. Time for some bloodshed me thinks. Not to mention that the Dragonkin may be the only ones strong enough to pose a threat to him.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

It was 3 months since the last CE and not everything in it has come out yet. I think that's a little long and why I said they were more "impending."

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

"A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces."

This could mean the boat-thingy from the Digsite (From RS Wikia) If this has been posted, I'm fail. :thumbdown:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Yes, which is good considering that they also had a letter regarding the boat. I'm guessing that the barge takes us to the island and it involves a quest involving the Voids and the Temple Knights. Maybe.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

To be honest, from the letter regarding the Kudos island boat, it really seems like it won't be coming out for a while now, hell, I have a feeling it could be scrapped.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

The third clue is talking about black and white pieces, and contains the words 'void' and 'temple' too. Maybe in hints towards the White, Black, Void and Temple Knights, like Senty and Taco said. There's four om them, like in the clue.

sighistorian.jpg

The third clue is talking about black and white pieces, and contains the words 'void' and 'temple' too. Maybe in hints towards the White, Black, Void and Temple Knights, like Senty and Taco said. There's four om them, like in the clue.

Brilliant!

A plan: The plAnets aRe set to aligN; kith anD kin will fight. More than one judGe is fAted to die thiS yeaR howevEr.

This one seems fairly obvious. In the next three months, the Ritual will occur in a big MotM GMQ in which the Mahjarrat and the Kin (Dragonkin) fight, or perhaps "kith and kin" is just a phrase referring to the Mahjarrat as family. Multiple Mahjarrat will die in the quest (or perhaps "this year" is meant literally, and we will only see one death in the GMQ, and Lucien's story will be dragged out for another few months before we kill him. Now wouldn't that be a pain).

A man, a plan, a canal seems to relate to Kudos Island and the barge.

I mentioned that too, everyone seems to have missed it >_>

I mentioned that too, everyone seems to have missed it >_>

Oops sorry :oops: I double-checked to see if anyone mentioned, and must've missed your post! All credit goes to you!

sighistorian.jpg

A canal?

How does a canal relate to an island?

A canal is a manmade river. Kind of like building a road.

Of course it could be a figurative canal.

But the four pieces of black and white are all knights.

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

Of course it could also be a little more cryptic.

To be black or white could be morality.

In the gwd there are four sides.

two good and two evil

The god wars dungeon is a void battle. The god wars have been over for such a long time. that the dungeon battles winner is not important.

From beneath you, it devours. Jungle, desert ice. Defeating it shall reward many kinds of adventurers

But the jungle, desert and ice are all hunter areas. plus they aren't the most widely used hunter areas.

I could see jagex updating hunter in these areas.

Beneath us?

Animals are indeed beneath us when we trap them showing our mastery.

Or perhaps it is underground.

It devours its bait. Its insatiable hunger is the only way to lure it.

but defeating it?

Defeating it could merely mean besting it at a game.

Perhaps this hunter monster attacks you?

I don't know.

I'm going out on strings.

My second guess would be a new diversion and distraction.

"A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces."

A Canal: The Water Dungeon behind the frozen door in the Godwars dungeon

The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours: I don't know... what colours are the symbols on the door?

But the game is void;: It has nothing to do with the GWd Bosses, you don't have to fight them to pass.

there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces: Temple behind the door?

:pray: It sounded better when I thought about it :?

Chell_J.png

A canal?

How does a canal relate to an island?

A canal is a manmade river. Kind of like building a road.

Of course it could be a figurative canal.

But the four pieces of black and white are all knights.

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

Of course it could also be a little more cryptic.

To be black or white could be morality.

In the gwd there are four sides.

two good and two evil

The god wars dungeon is a void battle. The god wars have been over for such a long time. that the dungeon battles winner is not important.

From beneath you, it devours. Jungle, desert ice. Defeating it shall reward many kinds of adventurers

But the jungle, desert and ice are all hunter areas. plus they aren't the most widely used hunter areas.

I could see jagex updating hunter in these areas.

Beneath us?

Animals are indeed beneath us when we trap them showing our mastery.

Or perhaps it is underground.

It devours its bait. Its insatiable hunger is the only way to lure it.

but defeating it?

Defeating it could merely mean besting it at a game.

Perhaps this hunter monster attacks you?

I don't know.

I'm going out on strings.

My second guess would be a new diversion and distraction.

As I said in my post, "From beneath you it devours" is a Buffy reference for Hellmouth in my eyes, maybe a new boss monster.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The hunter idea about those 3 areas sounds like a good possibility, but if it wasn't that I could see it being some kind of Worm(Wurm) monster( I think it was already mentioned in this topic) but in various other games and such i've seen monsters such as Desert Worms, Ice Worms, Jungle Worms, etc. I think it would be a cool monster to be able to kill, or putting together the hunter idea and mine...you lure it out of the ground with some kind of bait, then kill it for a reward or some kind of special drop used for something.

Buffy the vampire slayer?

Aww well.

Either way hellmouths are places of great supernatural energy right?

or it may just be a reference.:P

A Canal: The Water Dungeon behind the frozen door in the Godwars dungeon

The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours: I don't know... what colours are the symbols on the door?

But the game is void;: It has nothing to do with the GWd Bosses, you don't have to fight them to pass.

there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces: Temple behind the door?

:pray: It sounded better when I thought about it :?

let me share what i think about that idea.

Good mystery how those four armies came into that state of endless warfare. A null war since the god wars are over.

The sides are either good or evil. Guthix did not intervene in this battle. There is only white(good) and black(evil) no shades of grey(Muddles morality).

From Runescape WIki

The possible need in which Mahjarrat are heading there is a need to perform the Ritual, used to either wake up the Mahjarrat in death-sleep, or put them into it. This is hinted in Postbag from the Hedge[2], as well as a dialogue from General Khazard, given during the Shadow Sword miniquest, that it is connected with alignment of planets, called "syzygy", which is a real-world term for an astronomical alignment[3]

Seems that we've already been told that when the planets align the ritual will take place

Thus the second clue is pointing to the ritual in the north and either the conclusion or a large piece of the puzzle to the Mahjarrat series

britonlongbo.png

From Runescape WIki

The possible need in which Mahjarrat are heading there is a need to perform the Ritual, used to either wake up the Mahjarrat in death-sleep, or put them into it. This is hinted in Postbag from the Hedge[2], as well as a dialogue from General Khazard, given during the Shadow Sword miniquest, that it is connected with alignment of planets, called "syzygy", which is a real-world term for an astronomical alignment[3]

Seems that we've already been told that when the planets align the ritual will take place

Thus the second clue is pointing to the ritual in the north and either the conclusion or a large piece of the puzzle to the Mahjarrat series

yeah but if I remember correctly, that postbag only said "it is almost time" while the new one says "The time is set" so the point when it happens is actually very soon.

Chell_J.png

Hmm, I doubt this will have any relevance, but on the off chance that it helps you guys finish off this letter, I'll say it anyway. A Man, A Plan, A Canal is the first three parts of a palindrome I've once heard that ends with Panama. I have no idea if that means anything in regards to RuneScape.. but it might :D

Hmm, I doubt this will have any relevance, but on the off chance that it helps you guys finish off this letter, I'll say it anyway. A Man, A Plan, A Canal is the first three parts of a palindrome I've once heard that ends with Panama. I have no idea if that means anything in regards to RuneScape.. but it might :D

The chaos elemental has always spattered pop culture and randomness into its answers. its relevant to the chaos elementals clues.

From Runescape WIki

yeah but if I remember correctly, that postbag only said "it is almost time" while the new one says "The time is set" so the point when it happens is actually very soon.

It'll propably happen this year and I liek that.

priest_wiz.png

i dont know if it has been posted but

a man a plan a canal panama is a palendrome

EDIT:

dang it to slow. i guess

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~