13-Jan-2010 Postbag from the Hedge

Askthedude

The Panama Canal was the first efficient connection between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. It allowed easy transport by boat between Western Europe and Eastern Asia.

DOUBLE AMG: EASTERN LANDS AND SAILING!!11one.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A plan: The plAnets aRe set to aligN; kith anD kin will fight. More than one judGe is fAted to die thiS yeaR howevEr.

"GRANDMASTER".

Does "year" mean Earth year or Gielinor year? It has been year 169 of fifth age on Gielinor since the release of the game.

From Runescape WIki

The possible need in which Mahjarrat are heading there is a need to perform the Ritual, used to either wake up the Mahjarrat in death-sleep, or put them into it. This is hinted in Postbag from the Hedge[2], as well as a dialogue from General Khazard, given during the Shadow Sword miniquest, that it is connected with alignment of planets, called "syzygy", which is a real-world term for an astronomical alignment[3]

Seems that we've already been told that when the planets align the ritual will take place

Thus the second clue is pointing to the ritual in the north and either the conclusion or a large piece of the puzzle to the Mahjarrat series

If the Kin do come into the picture, I can assure you the conclusion will be far from over.

After stumbling upon a recording of the WGS cut-scene the other day, I noticed the Dragonkin said "they will be freed" as if they are sealed somewhere. This explains why they have no had presence in the word for ages. It's possible the kin are actually sealed inside the stone itself. And when Lucien opens its power during the ritual, he might find a nice surprise inside. This is an assumption however based on not a lot of evidence.

An ancient page suggests they may be inside the ancient cavern. However from a logic point of view, if they were trapped inside the stone it would explain why they were not discovered when Guthix reshaped the world.

Sounds like 2010 is going to be a great year for story-lines :o

dawnsigblue-3.png

A plan: The plAnets aRe set to aligN; kith anD kin will fight. More than one judGe is fAted to die thiS yeaR howevEr.

"GRANDMASTER".

Does "year" mean Earth year or Gielinor year? It has been year 169 of fifth age on Gielinor since the release of the game.

Don't know but if you take the strange capital letters (The ones not in the beginning of a sentence) it comes out:

ARNDGASRE

Which is an anagram of

Drags Near, which is one letter off from draws near.

So maybe the climactic Mahjarat quest is coming up soon, possibly before summer?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

That's stretching it, as all the capital letters (including the ones at the beginning of the sentences) spell out "Grandmaster," which makes a lot of sense, considering it is most likely aluding to the culmination of the MotM Questline, a perfect place for a GRANDMASTER quest to take place.

Flyingjj.png

Wassup! Jambo! Bonjour!

A Man: From beneath you, it devours. Jungle, desert, ice. Deafeating it shall reward many kinds of adventurers.

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

Panama!

Happy New Year!

Chaos Elemental

On the "canal" part, I think it may be referring to the four points of the compass (like the KBD said in Postbag 33).

Am I the only person who's a bit alarmed by the fact that the New Year's Message said there would be "a" new GM quest in 2010?

I guess Nomad's quest is this year's only GM quest and the ritual quest isn't one.

I just recently finished WGS and looks like Lucien wants to rule over the other Mahjarrats using the Stone of Jas as leverage. He might bring it to the ritual. I hope Azzandra doesn't die but I can't remember if he ever mentioned if he's going to attend the ritual himself.

I'll be really upset of NR was only GM quest of '10.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Am I the only person who's a bit alarmed by the fact that the New Year's Message said there would be "a" new GM quest in 2010?

I guess Nomad's quest is this year's only GM quest and the ritual quest isn't one.

I just recently finished WGS and looks like Lucien wants to rule over the other Mahjarrats using the Stone of Jas as leverage. He might bring it to the ritual. I hope Azzandra doesn't die but I can't remember if he ever mentioned if he's going to attend the ritual himself.

Of course Azzanadra will attend the Ritual, it's the first Ritual he hasn't been trapped in a pyramid during in a long, long time. Unless there's some huge complication, regaining his power is the most important thing.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, you probably already figured it out.

The last part, the one about white and black and the temple sitting in between, could definitely be Void Knight. But. Did anyone else figure that the Ancient Magick temple has four obelisks, Blood, Shadow, Smoke, and Ice, and a temple sits in the middle? The white/black pieces part could be something we don't know about yet. Isn't the guy you meet in the temple at the end of the quest a Mahjarrat?

Yeah, I checked, his name is Azzananda or something like that.

Edited by ragmar12345
Paragon.png

"GRANDMASTER".

Don't know but if you take the strange capital letters (The ones not in the beginning of a sentence) it comes out:

ARNDGASRE

Which is an anagram of

So maybe the climactic Mahjarat quest is coming up soon, possibly before summer?

Drags near?

New dragons? First thing that comes to mind for me.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

[hide=Quotings]

"GRANDMASTER".

ARNDGASRE

Which is an anagram of

Drags near?

New dragons? First thing that comes to mind for me.

[/hide]

There was talk about Adamant Dragons some time last year, could be them? Or did the picture turn out to be a Brutal Green?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I was thinking about the canal hint, and I came up with this:

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

It says something about white and black: Saradomin and Zamorak.

The canal should be the river salve, which the "black" ,werewolves and vampires, cannot cross.

Unsuprisingly, there is a saradominist temple guarding an entrance, sitting between east/black and west/white.

And to support this theory, there was legacy of seergaze. During this quest, some zamorakians and a saradominist had a meeting there.

There was another quest that was showing the struggle (black trying to cross over, white trying to prevent it) there. I don't remember which one it was, but your character found a body and got hit from behind, by what appeared to be werewolves, right next to that temple!

The void and grandmaster part(s) might be dealing with the lack of either side to gain an advantage over another; the void talking about a stalemate, an emptyness/lack of victory. Since there are no grandmasters (a new/other term for Mahjarrat?), the zamorakians cannot force a breach in saradomins ranks.

The last part is a bit of speculation, but I'm pretty sure about the first.

Also from the RSOF

Bonjour! Jambo! Wassup!

A man: From beneath you, it devours. Jungle, desert ice. Defeating it shall reward many kinds of adventurers.

Nalpa: Gsv koZmvgh zIv hvg gl zortM; prgs zmW prm droo urtsg. Nliv gszm lmv qfwTv rh uZgvw gl wrv gsrH bvzI sldveVi.

nalpa = A plan

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmaster here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

Happy New Year!

Chaos Elemental

Ummmmm, I know everyone is having these..... "delusions of grandeur" at the moment about this but...... Think about this logically?

"A man: From beneath you, it devours" - ummm..... anyone who has read about NR knows that he created the soul obelisk to DEVOUR the souls of those poor SW critters.

"Defeating it shall reward many kinds of adventurers" - could be a reference to the zeal you get for doing the quest?

"But the game is void; there are no Grandmaster here" - could refer to the fact that the Grandmaster Quest was at SW instead of void?

"A temple may sit between the pieces" - Another reference here to NR? He technically did build a temple under SW to create his own power. Or now..... It could refer to the Temple at Senntisten?

I don't know..... it's only what I gathered from the letter..... though I could be spectacularly wrong (which I actually hope I am)...... but the logical options with the whole "A man.... it devours..... defeating it rewards many kinds of adventurers......etc"

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

A bit dumb to release a hint to a quest released two days prior though don't you think?

Also, again my Mahjarrat quest that I asked Ali the Wise was snubbed. I'm getting a little tired of it. I keep asking him that if Khazard is the only Mahjarrat born on Gielinor, A) How exactly to Mahjarrats mate with one another and B) what is the birthing process like?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

A bit dumb to release a hint to a quest released two days prior though don't you think?

Also, again my Mahjarrat quest that I asked Ali the Wise was snubbed. I'm getting a little tired of it. I keep asking him that if Khazard is the only Mahjarrat born on Gielinor, A) How exactly to Mahjarrats mate with one another and B) what is the birthing process like?

It might be a bit dull of them to have done that; but everything there is relevant to NR...... idk; it's just how I read it...... and tbf it does slot together quite well, does it not?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Dunno. I just woke up. Frankly it's all a blur. I'll get back to you though and tell you how you're wrong. :wink:

Haha I look forward to it..... it's still a semi-logical theory :P

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Dunno. I just woke up. Frankly it's all a blur. I'll get back to you though and tell you how you're wrong. :wink:

It's quite simple really, they released the letter after the quest came out, and in the front page introduction, they say this:

The Chaos Elemental also finds time to offer hints of future releases.

Note the word "future", and the plurality of the word releases.

Malgoradan.png

It's quite simple really, they released the letter after the quest came out, and in the front page introduction, they say this:

The Chaos Elemental also finds time to offer hints of future releases.

Note the word "future", and the plurality of the word releases.

Touche then, however if you look at what I have said about it, it does fit in with the quest ;) so maybe ima wrong about it (which is becoming more and more probable) or Jagex messed up about it? IDK, but still everything I have said does fit in with NR.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

I was thinking about the canal hint, and I came up with this:

It says something about white and black: Saradomin and Zamorak.

The canal should be the river salve, which the "black" ,werewolves and vampires, cannot cross.

Unsuprisingly, there is a saradominist temple guarding an entrance, sitting between east/black and west/white.

And to support this theory, there was legacy of seergaze. During this quest, some zamorakians and a saradominist had a meeting there.

There was another quest that was showing the struggle (black trying to cross over, white trying to prevent it) there. I don't remember which one it was, but your character found a body and got hit from behind, by what appeared to be werewolves, right next to that temple!

The void and grandmaster part(s) might be dealing with the lack of either side to gain an advantage over another; the void talking about a stalemate, an emptyness/lack of victory. Since there are no grandmasters (a new/other term for Mahjarrat?), the zamorakians cannot force a breach in saradomins ranks.

The last part is a bit of speculation, but I'm pretty sure about the first.

You may have something here. Black and white; Morytania and Misthalin (and the other lands). Although a recent letter answered by a Vampyre showed that the Vampyres aren't really Zamorakian, Drakan only helped Zamorak for his own gain. But you still could be right, together with the 'temple in between' part. The Paterdomus Temple sits on the boundary of these regions. But what about the 'good mysteries come in four' part? There already are four Myreque quests, so this one would be number five. Anyway, it won't be a Grandmaster quest.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg