13-Jan-2010 Postbag from the Hedge

Askthedude

I was thinking about the canal hint, and I came up with this:

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

It says something about white and black: Saradomin and Zamorak.

The canal should be the river salve, which the "black" ,werewolves and vampires, cannot cross.

Unsuprisingly, there is a saradominist temple guarding an entrance, sitting between east/black and west/white.

And to support this theory, there was legacy of seergaze. During this quest, some zamorakians and a saradominist had a meeting there.

There was another quest that was showing the struggle (black trying to cross over, white trying to prevent it) there. I don't remember which one it was, but your character found a body and got hit from behind, by what appeared to be werewolves, right next to that temple!

The void and grandmaster part(s) might be dealing with the lack of either side to gain an advantage over another; the void talking about a stalemate, an emptyness/lack of victory. Since there are no grandmasters (a new/other term for Mahjarrat?), the zamorakians cannot force a breach in saradomins ranks.

The last part is a bit of speculation, but I'm pretty sure about the first.

You may have something here. Black and white; Morytania and Misthalin (and the other lands). Although a recent letter answered by a Vampyre showed that the Vampyres aren't really Zamorakian, Drakan only helped Zamorak for his own gain. But you still could be right, together with the 'temple in between' part. The Paterdomus Temple sits on the boundary of these regions. But what about the 'good mysteries come in four' part? There already are four Myreque quests, so this one would be number five. Anyway, it won't be a Grandmaster quest.

Void would be the adviser of the King of Varrock (a guthixian) talking about a stalemate between varrock and Morytania

edit: eh nevermind that adviser's examine says "he seems to be a follower of saradomin"

his robe leggings look exactly like void knight robe leggings though.

He also is the one preaching about how guthix would strike down the world if Varrock and Morytania did not maintain a stalemate

perhaps he is a void knight spy? bah

Naaxi.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit dumb to release a hint to a quest released two days prior though don't you think?

[hide]Nomad teleports away after appearing to be dead at the end of the quest...perhaps this is a clue as to the second installment?[/hide]

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Or maybe Nomad's Requiem was so bland, boring, and vague that it could fit into any sort of clues? :razz:

You really don't like that quest do you? :P

The again as Omnitec suggests maybe there might be a PT2 to it afterall, with more story just to make you happy? ^^

All the pieces could be there....... then again talking about pieces maybe jagex is making quests about the Majharrat and using us as pawns to move them..... We've already helped Hazeel, Azzandraia, Camel face, and the Muspa geezer (haven't bothered learning the names because I'm too lazy, but I LOVE the storylines). So maybe they can be the pieces? We have helped quite a few zarosian Majharrat...... and we know so little about Zaros too; so therefore his God "colour" could be white? It would then make a little sense of the "black and white pieces"....... If he was white, it'd balance guthix out, because guthix is nature, but has the colour of Green, Zaros is some kind of order juxtapose to guthix but therefore white - draining all the colour out - therefore balancing Guthix and co.

4 Parts maybe there are 4 quests to release Zaros from his imprisonment..... and if he disappeared into nothingness becoming "the empty lord" then..... could it be possible..... that RS has some kind of void? A plane between planes? It's a totally logical assumption really...... And hasn't it been mentioned before something like that in the summaries of temple at Senntistin?

Ima just rambling now, really.........

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

A plan: The plAnets aRe set to aligN; kith anD kin will fight. More than one judGe is fAted to die thiS yeaR howevEr.

"GRANDMASTER".

Does "year" mean Earth year or Gielinor year? It has been year 169 of fifth age on Gielinor since the release of the game.

Don't know but if you take the strange capital letters (The ones not in the beginning of a sentence) it comes out:

ARNDGASRE

Which is an anagram of

Drags Near, which is one letter off from draws near.

So maybe the climactic Mahjarat quest is coming up soon, possibly before summer?

Drags near?

New dragons? First thing that comes to mind for me.

When you take not only the "strange" capital letters but also the T and M you get "TARNDMGASRE". Which is an anagram for "GRANDMASTER", which would make much more sense me thinks ;)

pepijn777.png

A Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmasters here. A temple may sit between the pieces.

The canal should be the river salve, which the "black" ,werewolves and vampires, cannot cross.

Unsuprisingly, there is a saradominist temple guarding an entrance, sitting between east/black and west/white.

And to support this theory, there was legacy of seergaze. During this quest, some zamorakians and a saradominist had a meeting there.

There was another quest that was showing the struggle (black trying to cross over, white trying to prevent it) there. I don't remember which one it was, but your character found a body and got hit from behind, by what appeared to be werewolves, right next to that temple!

The void and grandmaster part(s) might be dealing with the lack of either side to gain an advantage over another; the void talking about a stalemate, an emptyness/lack of victory. Since there are no grandmasters (a new/other term for Mahjarrat?), the zamorakians cannot force a breach in saradomins ranks.

You may have something here. Black and white; Morytania and Misthalin (and the other lands). Although a recent letter answered by a Vampyre showed that the Vampyres aren't really Zamorakian, Drakan only helped Zamorak for his own gain. But you still could be right, together with the 'temple in between' part. The Paterdomus Temple sits on the boundary of these regions. But what about the 'good mysteries come in four' part? There already are four Myreque quests, so this one would be number five. Anyway, it won't be a Grandmaster quest.

I think Morytania stretches the sentence a little bit.

The way the semicolon is placed in the sentence implys the second part of the sentence is the same idea as the first by describing it.

So it saying:

There are no less and no more than 4 pieces (which are black and white).

Inbetween the 4 pieces may lie a temple.

Black and white is commonly used to refer to the terms good and evil.

Stating that "the game is void, and no grandmasters here" sound like it implies that the temple is not related to anything, it won't be a quest.

From my point of view I get the feeling it is talking about the God Wars Dungeon.

There are 4 pieces (factions) in the Godwars dungeon, and they are all either good or evil. There is no grey or neutral color in the dungeon. Inbetween the 4 pieces (factions) lies a temple, which could be the godwars dungeon door. The door will open not by a quest, but by other means. Possibly a new boss area or something else.

Another possibility of the game void, is the literal meaning: the game void. Below is an except from Wiki about the game.

The game void is about a soul that accidentally lingered in the Void, before absolute death. The Void is a purgatory-like place, in which the most valuable thing is Color, a liquid that represents lifeforce. Color is scarce and famine is a usual thing for its dwellers — beautiful naked Sisters and deformed monstrous Brothers. Color is a universal resource in the game — at the same time it is the hero's health, armor, stats and ammo. With the help of Nameless Sister, the soul finds out that there is a way to escape and be reincarnated again on the surface, but in order to do this the player must disguise himself as one of the Brothers and eventually confront them.

It's curious because the game void has to do with colors starting with black and white. It may, or may not be a connection.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I submitted jokes but they didn't make it!

The ones I submitted:

[hide]

The Joker was at Lunar-Bank earlier today, when he said to 'Bird's-Eye' Jack, "why so Cyrius?"

There will be no Christmas this year Merchant-Clans have bought out Reindeers, expect coal to crash.

Whats a forum-trolls favourite ogre? Rantz![/hide]

I liked your jokes better then the ones listed. :P

Amanap! Backwards is Panama!. Panama is know for its canal. You need boats to cross the water of a canal. BOATS MEANS probably nothing.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

[hide]

I think Morytania stretches the sentence a little bit.

The way the semicolon is placed in the sentence implys the second part of the sentence is the same idea as the first by describing it.

So it saying:

There are no less and no more than 4 pieces (which are black and white).

Inbetween the 4 pieces may lie a temple.

Black and white is commonly used to refer to the terms good and evil.

Stating that "the game is void, and no grandmasters here" sound like it implies that the temple is not related to anything, it won't be a quest.

From my point of view I get the feeling it is talking about the God Wars Dungeon.

There are 4 pieces (factions) in the Godwars dungeon, and they are all either good or evil. There is no grey or neutral color in the dungeon. Inbetween the 4 pieces (factions) lies a temple, which could be the godwars dungeon door. The door will open not by a quest, but by other means. Possibly a new boss area or something else.

Another possibility of the game void, is the literal meaning: the game void. Below is an except from Wiki about the game.

The game void is about a soul that accidentally lingered in the Void, before absolute death. The Void is a purgatory-like place, in which the most valuable thing is Color, a liquid that represents lifeforce. Color is scarce and famine is a usual thing for its dwellers beautiful naked Sisters and deformed monstrous Brothers. Color is a universal resource in the game at the same time it is the hero's health, armor, stats and ammo. With the help of Nameless Sister, the soul finds out that there is a way to escape and be reincarnated again on the surface, but in order to do this the player must disguise himself as one of the Brothers and eventually confront them.

It's curious because the game void has to do with colors starting with black and white. It may, or may not be a connection.[/hide]

It's kinda late so this post is shorter than my usual rambling. I'll read yours again tomorrow :razz: Just wanted to say that the entrance to the God Wars Dungeon IS a temple... Although now only the ruins remain.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Tbh, these CE hints could be applied to almost anything. Especially when the actual update doesn't exist yet :blink:

And can I have some quote that says the GWD factions are specifically good or evil? In my opinion, good and evil are a perspective so this "black and white" stuff doesn't really fit. I mean, I see where you get the idea that Bandos and Zamorak are absolute evil and Saradomin and Armadyl are good, but if you look into the deeper parts of Runescape's story you will see that actually, they are all evil :P Seriously, they're fighting a war. I doubt Jagex would limit their storytelling possibilities in this way just to make their plots easier to follow.

And can I have some quote that says the GWD factions are specifically good or evil? In my opinion, good and evil are a perspective so this "black and white" stuff doesn't really fit. I mean, I see where you get the idea that Bandos and Zamorak are absolute evil and Saradomin and Armadyl are good, but if you look into the deeper parts of Runescape's story you will see that actually, they are all evil :P Seriously, they're fighting a war. I doubt Jagex would limit their storytelling possibilities in this way just to make their plots easier to follow.

You are right that good and evil are point of views. I was more saying along the lines of good and evil as in no neutral stances. The only neutral stance we have in the game is Guthix, otherwise its all ally/enemy (black/white).

After re-reading my own post however, I am coming to re-consider my GWD idea is incorrect for the point I missed. The CE states the pieces are both black and white. I'm not quite sure if that means each piece is black and white, or some are black and some are white. Black and White may just be another way of saying polar opposites, so i'm back to square one.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Tbh, these CE hints could be applied to almost anything. Especially when the actual update doesn't exist yet :blink:

Since when is Armadyl evil?

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

A man: from beneath you it devours jungle, desert, ice. Defeating it shall reward many kinds of adventurers.

I am not quite sure why; but for a strange reason, I feel that this bit has something to do with Sliske...

vizardsig-1.png

I'm wondering that too..

Isn't it...

Saradomin - Order

Zamorak - Chaos

Guthix - Balance

Armadyl - Justice

Bandos - War

Zaros - Unknown, possibly Neutral?

Yes this is correct (except I believe Saradomin is law) but I didn't feel like typing out some long paragraph. Yes, Armadyl has never done anything evil according to the little information we have on him so far, but Saradomin is far from perfect. His followers teamed with those of Zamorak to hunt down the last powerful Zarosians and eliminate the Zarosian empire, and then practically erased it from history. I guess what I'm trying to say is Jagex's characters are not one-sided, and actually have some depth (well most of them do - I've been hearing some ugly things about Nomad's Requiem ;) ). So you can't really call a war between the Gods "black and white".

I may be wrong, but unless there is some large plot in the works or a connection I have missed, the only solid connection to the GWD is the number 4.

Law/Order are practically the same.

Saradomin went for his own type of Order, however, Zamorak wanted his own too (Chaos is a type of order). Essentialy, all the Gods in a balance are Guthix. When need for that balance arises, the God who protects it arises. So Guthix is not as much a "God" of Balance, but more of a Guardian.

This was after the Zarosian Empire fell. However, now we have to wonder what alignment Lucien is, things are never as simple as "Good and Evil", though I believe Lucien might be the God of Destruction, if he is allowed to become one.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Amanap! Backwards is Panama!. Panama is know for its canal. You need boats to cross the water of a canal. BOATS MEANS probably nothing.

Actually I think it may mean something and you're onto it.

The first segment of each line so far is:

A man

A plan

A canal

But adding Panama- A man: a plan: a canal: Panama!

The line "Amanap!" wasn't left of before you anyway...

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmaster here. A temple may sit between the pieces

Black Knights.

White Knights

Void Knights

Temple Knights.

Simple really, some sort of update that imvolves them all (most likely a quest) that isn't a grandmaster one.

asrhasrh.jpg

Canal: The pieces are black and white; like good mysteries they come in fours. But the game is void; there are no Grandmaster here. A temple may sit between the pieces

Black Knights.

White Knights

Void Knights

Temple Knights.

Simple really, some sort of update that imvolves them all (most likely a quest) that isn't a grandmaster one.

OR it meens that they are in need a grandmaster because they have none to help them ;)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Black Knights.

White Knights

Void Knights

Temple Knights.

The pieces are black and white; = Black & White Knights

Have there been four Quests involving the White and black Knights?

But the game is void; = Which Game involes the Black and White Knights?

there are no Grandmaster here. = Typo? Do they mean a Quest or White/Black Knight "Grandmasters" As in high ranking Knights?

Chell_J.png

I'm wondering that too..

Isn't it...

Saradomin - Order

Zamorak - Chaos

Guthix - Balance

Armadyl - Justice

Bandos - War

In my opinion there's only one thing they all want to achieve, and that's power. They just have different views on how to get more power.

Same goes for Lucien or any other Mahjarrat.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I'm wondering that too..

Isn't it...

Saradomin - Order

Zamorak - Chaos

Guthix - Balance

Armadyl - Justice

Bandos - War

Yes this is correct (except I believe Saradomin is law) but I didn't feel like typing out some long paragraph. Yes, Armadyl has never done anything evil according to the little information we have on him so far, but Saradomin is far from perfect. His followers teamed with those of Zamorak to hunt down the last powerful Zarosians and eliminate the Zarosian empire, and then practically erased it from history. I guess what I'm trying to say is Jagex's characters are not one-sided, and actually have some depth (well most of them do - I've been hearing some ugly things about Nomad's Requiem ;) ). So you can't really call a war between the Gods "black and white".

I may be wrong, but unless there is some large plot in the works or a connection I have missed, the only solid connection to the GWD is the number 4.

You got it wrong. Saradomin is the god of order, and Armadyl is the god of law.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

"like good mysteries they come in fours" Could refer to the fact there are 4 quests in the myrque series? In Search of the Myrque, In Aid of the Myrque, Darkness of Hallowvale and Legacy of Seergaze were all Myrque quests right?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Actually I think it may mean something and you're onto it.

The first segment of each line so far is:

A man

A plan

A canal

But adding Panama- A man: a plan: a canal: Panama!

The line "Amanap!" wasn't left of before you anyway...

Yeah, that part was pretty obvious. "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama" is a well-known palindrome, so it was easily spotted once the general format of the response was figured out. I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

I'm wondering that too..

Isn't it...

Saradomin - Order

Zamorak - Chaos

Guthix - Balance

Armadyl - Justice

Bandos - War

You got it wrong. Saradomin is the god of order, and Armadyl is the god of law.

Armadyl is the God of Justice.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Geez, I started reading this thread and it was going somewhere but then it turned into total crock.

From what I see, so far we have:

One possible slayer or hunting update (leaning towards hunter) which will award pretty things that the entire combat triangle is likely to appreciate unless they're actually referring to skillers, but that would be kind of silly seeing as we have clay tools already. A patron of the skill associated with the update will have something to gain but the outcome is, as always, unclear. Hell, it might just be another freaking boss for freaking rich players with freaking rich armor. Like we need more of that.

One not grandmaster quest perhaps advancing the Myreque plot which has stagnated for ages but we don't know for sure (Paterdomus is the largest temple on a waterway that I know of) but there are knights at work here. People will be underwhelmed.

One actual grandmaster quest involving the actual (and is not the prepreprequest) for the "final" showdown between the Mahjarrat which will answer a bunch of questions but probably raise more. This quest has to be Grandmaster, seeing as the prereqs for it will be the PREVIOUS grandmaster quest plus all the other ones connected to these crazy peoples, and hell if that doesn't cut it for you I don't know what will. The fact that all of them, including the weakest ones, are equal or greater in power than the highest level player scares the cabbage out of me. This will be a major turning point for sure, and certainly not the end to the main plot arc, which small hints here and there have been indicating something much larger at stake.

Any other kind of speculation veers off the path of rationale.

8f14270694.jpg