*THE* Nomad fight guide.

Lord_Firer

Useful guide but I still kinda did my own way. I did the ranging method and set up the brews/restores like suggested but I didn't bother trying to hide behind the pillar, I was still getting hit for loads and wasnt firing anything back at him so decided to tank it instead.

Blue cape :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you buy another cape?

Didn't know they were for sale.

I read someone post that he was able to get both colors by doing the drop trick. Strange that you can't get another cape if you the first one.

You might have a cape in your house cape rack, I found that I had a blue cape in there even tho I had bought it from him using the drop trick. So now I have 2 blue and 1 red one.

If it is in your house, you will be unable to buy another one off him until you have no capes at all, including the one in your house.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

How can you buy another cape?

Didn't know they were for sale.

I read someone post that he was able to get both colors by doing the drop trick. Strange that you can't get another cape if you the first one.

You might have a cape in your house cape rack, I found that I had a blue cape in there even tho I had bought it from him using the drop trick. So now I have 2 blue and 1 red one.

If it is in your house, you will be unable to buy another one off him until you have no capes at all, including the one in your house.

Yes you are right, it is in my house and it turns from red to blue... So it seems to be a perfect cape for boss hunting since you wont ever lose it =D>

Is this possible with 1 Summoning? I have 89 attack/strength, 99 defence, 96 range, 99 hits, 70 prayer.

Maybe, all depends on if you can finish him quick enough that you don't need a tort full of food.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

I assume that with a z spear you set the attack method to stab?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I assume that with a z spear you set the attack method to stab?

I'd say so, it has a massive stab bonus, so try that. Read around for how to use the z spear.

~Shadow

Is this possible with 1 Summoning? I have 89 attack/strength, 99 defence, 96 range, 99 hits, 70 prayer.

I died around 6 times when didn't know you can use familiars (being on prayers without curses too). I used ranging tactic with rubies, brews for healing. At best I got him redbarred (at his berserker state).

So i wouldn't say it's impossible but will most likely take a lot of tries. I didn't use any spec weapons (BGS, AGS, D claws, SWH, Darklight etc.), though. And didn't dodge 75 attack either. And didn't know tactic of detecting the right nomad after he multiplies himself.

Great post Shadow, I beat him 5th try.

1st time I took all Rocktails and ran out of food half way through

2nd time I hid behind the wrong pillar and got hit for 66

3rd time I had him down to zerker stage, hesitated and he healed back up

4th time I wasn't fully behind the pillar and got hit another 60+

5th time I got him with 4 brews and 2 restores left, W00T!

Each time (after the first) I was comfortably in control with lots of health and brews left, just silly mistakes for fail.

1. To avoid the 75 hits, you have to hide behind the pillar in line with the throne, not the one further down

2. I used Redemption prayer when he hit HP+1. Brought HP back up to 29 each time

3. I hid when the clones came out. Takes a full 60 seconds for them to tele but you can recover health, drop pots, take BOB, calm down! in that time

4. In the end it's just a matter of attrition, to wear him down by degrees.

My gear:

Neit helm

Fury

Arma top (D.Hide for first couple of tries but Arma gives more mage def)

Arma legs (D.Hide for first couple of tries but Arma gives more mage def)

D Boots

Def Cape

Barrows Gloves

Archer ring

Holy Book

Rune XBow

Ruby bolts (e) / switch to Diamond bolts (e) when frozen

Zammy spear (set to stab) when reaching zerker stage

My inv:

11 Super Restores

1 Range pot

Rest brews in Tort as well.

My tactics:

Range with eagle eye and steel skin on quick pray as soon as he jumps off the throne

"lets make things interesting" run south then west. Stop. move to second pillar. He comes over, range away. "you cannot escape my wrath" move to next pillar in line with throne. Pot up, drop pots, take BOB. *splash*

Move to centre, range away.

"lets test your senses" "scourge of souls.." get behind any pillar ASAP. Wait..... switch off pray, pot up, drop empties, take BOB, calm nerves... wait.... Clones tele away

run to him, range away.

Teles you to centre: switch to diamond bolts, pot up to full HP, redemption on, keep firing.....BAM! HP+1.... pot up, switch back to Ruby, pray back on, keep firing

and so it goes for several rounds.

"Enough! let's finish this" switch out to spear, auto retaliate ON, piety and prot mellee ON, pot when health drops to 40-ish

Just keep a finger on the pot and watch health. Spear was hitting 12's and 15's regularly. (Spec' doesn't work. 'Too big to push back')

Job done!

Hope this helps..... Good luck to all!

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

[spoiler=Woot!]questcomplete.jpg

I used Ruby bolts (e) throughout the fight and maxed my range bonus, plus i used normal prayers.

My inv had 6 super restores, 22 sara brews, and i had a terrorbird with 2 rests and 10 brews.

I didn't follow your guide exactly, but it did inspire me to try again and again. I believe i beat him on the ~7th try.

In the end, I only had 5 doses of brew left and 5 doses of restores.

My levels are in my sig, good luck to all of you still trying. :thumbsup:

29y32nr.png

Snipersxope.png

Firemaking cape 12/22/08 & Range cape 10/07/09

Quest cape 12/10/09 & Agility cape 8/13/10

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 125 cmb (stats in sig) would you recommend lvl 125+ or 125- method lol. Thanks!

Edit: So I've done up to Nomad so fsr, gtg to work now, this quest is fun! Lol. I bought hand cannon +200 shots, but I'm gonna follow your 125+ Guide lol.

Edited by Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm 125 cmb (stats in sig) would you recommend lvl 125+ or 125- method lol. Thanks!

Edit: So I've done up to Nomad so fsr, gtg to work now, this quest is fun! Lol. I bought hand cannon +200 shots, but I'm gonna follow your 125+ Guide lol.

I'd recommend the 125- if you have trouble with the 125+ method. Goodluck

~Shadow

In my personal opinion i would recommend you add the kyatt-bombing technique.

It may waste 1-2 inventory space but I found it helps so much more than one thinks. Keep a kyatt either in the tortoise, or in your inventory, along with 100-300ish ambush scrolls.

When your tort is completly out of supplies, hide behind the pillars, swap the left click option to "special move" and summon the Kyatt. Proceed to mash the special attack button when not busy brewing up/super restoring.

The scroll hits accurately up to 30 (300 now) so sit back and watch the kyatt demolish him.

Personally I dont believe brute force works, I did to him 12 times before finally kyatt-bombing his [wagon].

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

In my personal opinion i would recommend you add the kyatt-bombing technique.

It may waste 1-2 inventory space but I found it helps so much more than one thinks. Keep a kyatt either in the tortoise, or in your inventory, along with 100-300ish ambush scrolls.

When your tort is completly out of supplies, hide behind the pillars, swap the left click option to "special move" and summon the Kyatt. Proceed to mash the special attack button when not busy brewing up/super restoring.

The scroll hits accurately up to 30 (300 now) so sit back and watch the kyatt demolish him.

Personally I dont believe brute force works, I did to him 12 times before finally kyatt-bombing his [wagon].

Well a brute force attack worked for me =P, any how, this guide was written 1-2 days after the quest came out, I am sure there are many other methods that are much better than mine. My guide was more so to prove that it can be done with average/below average stats.

mckinzy5, I take it your talking to Doc_Roe3?

~Shadow

Thank you Shadow_Stalker.

When Nomad quest came out i tried myself there at 137 cmb but i failed with gs on slash, wrong pray and sharks or brew/rests.

Now i told myself that qp cape wil wait after i'll get some rewarding levels. So i got 96 sum (18 added space in invo is always good) and 90 fish (rocktails) from xp week end.

i also waited to get some rewards in boss hunting to get my own bgs.

Then i felt ready : extreme set, 5 ppot, rest in rocktail (me & yack) + 1 iron titan just in case

bgs for spec, z spear (on stab) for fight and few diamond(e) bolts

prayer on turmoil*soul split

there we go.... you said "face me"... that's what i did, starting a normal hit with bgs and since it hitted i turmoiled + speced a 430 before being back to zspear on stab and autoretaillate on.

i dealt the 75s and even the 98s... i failed on 4mans since i had to range all (longer) but the rocktails and prayer were enough to make my way up to the berserk state... then i switched to melee and finished the fight.

conclusion : emptyed yack, failed at swaping it to titan since i was hitting him rough at the end and still had a nice 10-15 rocktails left. Was the 1st time i used those awesome fishies and they... rock !

Once again thank you and everybody's comments.

Now, even if i've done it, i still feel a noob with failing at surch levels earlier. i'll work on strong fights & tactics soon.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Diamond bolts (e) - yes please :D Im trying this guide but fail after lots of zeros with bgs. So simply match few guides together and finally killed him useing range only - halfway, until berzerk ruby, and later diamond. Also replace super restore by normal one - cheaper and effect almost same :P People feel free to custom inventory :D

" Half " thanks to you, your guide playing main part of plan backstabing Nomad ^^

Sufem.png

I got really frustrated with nomad when the quest came out. I never had enough brews or rocktails left most of the time. I couldn't get by with a war tort.

I used the first method with the bgs this time, and set it up just like you set it up,but with a pack yak instead. It worked well and I was left with 8 and 1/4 brews, 4 super restores, iron titan pouch & scrolls, and a rocktail. So finally I had beaten nomad, and according to what I had left I would have lost if I never got my pack yak during bonus xp weekend lol. My bgs specs never hit even potted and pietied.