Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlefield Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
2974 replies to this topic

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
That looks awesome!

Here's another video.

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
I wasn't a fan of the original, but I downloaded it anyway to give it a go. I don't know what it is about the game that I don't like, perhaps it feels too heavy and clunky.

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Think i'll download the demo today. Had enough of Cod:Mw2 so this fits the bill perfectly.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Skully
[ Display Name History ]

Skully

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,935 posts
  • RSN:Skully SC
I downloaded the demo yesterday, and as I thought, it sucks just as much as the first one. :wall:

Posted Image

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

I downloaded the demo yesterday, and as I thought, it sucks just as much as the first one. :wall:

If you came into this game expecting to run and gun, you're horribly mistaken. This game is a tactical shooter in and of itself, and you need to stick with your squad. Although I do ask regardless, what did you not like about it exactly?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Skully
[ Display Name History ]

Skully

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

If you came into this game expecting to run and gun, you're horribly mistaken. This game is a tactical shooter in and of itself, and you need to stick with your squad. Although I do ask regardless, what did you not like about it exactly?

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved. Also it just doesn't seem so smooth and clean as COD. The sniping sucked and I found the vehicles stupid.

Posted Image

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg
Been having fun with this game, watching people crash helicopters and all. It's actually pretty fun to drive tanks :grin: silly people who get too close and go around to the back think I can't kill them :twisted: *squish* (Guy on an atv rode past me, got off, and shot a 40mm at my rear. It didn't do much, and I just ran him over) I'm definitely getting this game when it comes out.

On another note, since this is a Battlefield thread, does anyone know if people still play Battlefield 2142? I've had it for a while, but haven't had internet on this computer for a year, so couldn't play it. If anyone does know, could you post?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
does this use the same ranking system as Modern Warfare where the more you play, the more advantage you have other people? i always hated unbalanced games like that

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved.

i'm guessing you never played any ranked games?

Skully
[ Display Name History ]

Skully

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

does this use the same ranking system as Modern Warfare where the more you play, the more advantage you have other people? i always hated unbalanced games like that

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved.

What do you mean? I played the demo... :mellow:

Posted Image

Jaziek
[ Display Name History ]

Jaziek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,330 posts
  • RSN:SGNT_Wraith

There are unlockable weapons and perks, but overall they are incredibly well balanced, and you won't feel underpowered when you begin.
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved. Also it just doesn't seem so smooth and clean as COD. The sniping sucked and I found the vehicles stupid.

Says the person who plays MW2? All I had to do in that game was run around with Akimbo G18 and hold down both mouse buttons to win. People take much more damage and die much faster in MW2 than they do in BC2. It does make headshots more important in BC2.

Sorry but talking about skill in an FPS when you play MW2 is ridiculous.

There are unlockable weapons and perks, but overall they are incredibly well balanced, and you won't feel underpowered when you begin.

Yeah they are balanced from what I've seen so far. Nothing as ridiculous as people being able to unlock all the stupid stuff in MW2 that gives you a large advantage. All the weapons really just have different trade offs. Like, if you're looking at assault, the first weapon has high damage, low rate of fire and medium accuracy. The second gun is kind of middle in all 3 and the 3rd one has good damage, a good rate of fire but is really inaccurate.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
Atleast DICE didn't make the mistake of not including the Conquest game mode on the disc. The last version had to have the CQ mode downloaded for free from XBL.

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
Downloaded the demo, definately be getting this when it comes out. It's a nice change from COD.
Been sniping the most probably, unlocked the 2nd sniper rifle but the first is better. Forgot how fun it is blowing a hole in the side of a building instead of using the doors. Kinda annoying when i have a good sniping spot, overlooking one of the objects then someone rolls up in the T-80 and blows my half of the building away haha.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Tom_Servo
[ Display Name History ]

Tom_Servo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tom Servo

Been having fun with this game, watching people crash helicopters and all. It's actually pretty fun to drive tanks :grin: silly people who get too close and go around to the back think I can't kill them :twisted: *squish* (Guy on an atv rode past me, got off, and shot a 40mm at my rear. It didn't do much, and I just ran him over) I'm definitely getting this game when it comes out.

On another note, since this is a Battlefield thread, does anyone know if people still play Battlefield 2142? I've had it for a while, but haven't had internet on this computer for a year, so couldn't play it. If anyone does know, could you post?

Yeah, people still play Battlefield 2142. There are usually around 80 or so populated servers.

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • RSN:Trollgazer

For 14 mins and got 1kill, not really enough time to pass judgement.

Skully
[ Display Name History ]

Skully

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

For 14 mins and got 1kill, not really enough time to pass judgement.

Why continue if it sucked...?

Posted Image

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
You mean you sucked, 1 kill in 14 mins is pretty suckish :)

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
Some people like the CoD style game and some like the Battlefield style game. If you like CoD a lot, you may come into BF and expect it to suck and vice versa.

But, I won't be having any fanboy flamewars here. :wink: Just a warning to all.

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
I love CoD and I love BF, they're so different from each other it's easy to like both.

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
that looks really sweet. i miss playing bf2

do they have choppers and planes or just tanks?

if i wasnt scared of getting my 360 banned i would so buy this for online. just imagine pwning ppl in live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users