Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Started playing Bad Company 2 again. Probably going to get the Vietnam expansion this weekend as well.

Forgot how satisfying a one round long distance head shot is, what with bullet drop and all.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

http://enterbf3.com/

Heres some great stuff on Battlefield 3.

Also do note that the image with the class setup has been proven to be a shoop.

Not too certain of the legitimacy of the others however, either way, it looks like its going to be a great game. :thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

They have "Speculation:" over that screenshot, of course it's not official. :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

whats the "best" sniper rifle? im assuming its the GOL as its still a 1 hit kill to the head (isnt it?) and its got the highest accuracy.

and does the snaipersakaya special stop you showing up on map when you shoot? (as its silenced)

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

whats the "best" sniper rifle? im assuming its the GOL as its still a 1 hit kill to the head (isnt it?) and its got the highest accuracy.

and does the snaipersakaya special stop you showing up on map when you shoot? (as its silenced)

If memory serves me right (and if DICE haven't changed anything again), the M24 does the same damage as the GOL Magnum but the GOL is slightly more accurate and a bit quicker to reload. The M24 does have the notches on the scope crosshairs which help a bit when lining up a long distance shot which the GOL lacks but that's fairly minor. They're both fairly evenly matched so it's personal choice really.

Can't help you with the Snaiperskaya though.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

If memory serves me right (and if DICE haven't changed anything again), the M24 does the same damage as the GOL Magnum but the GOL is slightly more accurate and a bit quicker to reload. The M24 does have the notches on the scope crosshairs which help a bit when lining up a long distance shot which the GOL lacks but that's fairly minor. They're both fairly evenly matched so it's personal choice really.

Can't help you with the Snaiperskaya though.

In order, the rifle damage is M95, M24, GOL.

Accuracy is GOL, M24, M95. The GOL is in my opinion the best rifle in the game. If you going to have to hit someone in the head, I'd take accuracy over damage anyday. Also the Snaiperskaya is the best at medium range with a ACOG sight. And yes it is silenced, so people can't see you on the map.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

i have everything except the m95 unlocked on the scout yet when i get in a game i only have the starting sniper, no scopes and no specializations

wat?

edit: now i look at my wep + equpt page. i have non unlocked

my stat page shows 0 kills, i have no awards anymore. i still have dog tags. and my leaderboard still shows i have kills

wat wat?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

why does this happen? its anoying :roll:

he mad?

ok. i was getting a message about that as well.

he mad?

It has happened to me as well. I just restarted my xbox and it was fine.

EDIT: Just some information about Battlefield 3.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1150975p1.html

Is this game related to Bad Company 2 at all?

They both have Battlefield in the title, but Battlefield 3 is not a Bad Company game. It's tied to DICE's core franchise shooters like Battlefield 2 and 1942.

What engine is DICE using for Battlefield 3?

DICE will be using Frostbite 2 in this game, which means it will feature advanced lighting effects as well as destructible environments like in Bad Company, but on a larger scale.

Will the game have a single-player component?

Yes, and it will be a separate fiction from Bad Company 2 with different characters. The year is 2014 and, at least in one of the missions, you follow along with a squad of U.S. Marines in Iraqi Kurdistan. For those interested, the campaign can be played co-operatively.

What multiplayer details are available?

The online component of Battlefield 3 will feature an unlock progression structure that's more extensive than Bad Company 2. It sounds like there'll be four base classes in the game, all highly customizable. Squads for online play will be implemented, though modified for Battlefield 3. Expect some of the maps to be quite large since jets will be included as controllable vehicles. You'll also be able to go prone.

Will Battlefield 2's Commander mode return?

If it does, DICE says it'll be in a much more limited, accessible form.

What's the deal with the PC version of Battlefield 3? Will it have the same features as the console versions?

Yes and no. The PC version is the lead development platform and will feature 64 player matches and, as would be expected, advanced graphics options for those with powerful hardware. Mod tools will not be released alongside Battlefield 3.

What platforms is Battlefield 3 being developed for and when is it coming out?

The game will be made available this holiday season for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Added to the first page.

I like what I'm hearing. I'm glad I'll be able to fly jets in the next game. :thumbup:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Can't wait for it, sounds like its gonna be pretty good.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Ugh, it's doing the same to me and it's really frustrating. No ranks or anything. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I've been getting it as well. It seems signing out then back in again (on Xbox) once or twice fixes the problem for me quicker than just leaving it.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Battlefield 3 is looking like it's going to be the one thing to bring me back to Xbox Live. Looks awesome!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I miss a lot of the BF2 goodness that was mostly lost in BC and BC2. Condensing of classes, no prone (let me dolphin dive D:), lesser role of commander/squads, and reasonable ragdolls all make them feel like lesser games.

Too bad BF2 isn't really played anymore.

I would really like to see BF3 take a kind of MAG style of approach. Maybe up the team sizes to 16 ( or more? =P~) on each team, and have each squad attack a certain objective? Much like in MAG's 256 player mode. I think it might work rather well with the vehicle combat and such.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

It's looking this game is going to be great. I will be getting it for the PS3, but I might get a cheap 360 eventually so I could with you guys :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Don't you feel so pro when you freefire a CG Rocket and get an apache kill :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Yeah, definetly going to have to get BF3 on PC. While playing BC2 on 360 was alright, it just didn't compare to the 64 games of BF2 on PC. Plus you get to use your mouse and all that.