Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

I only got the game during the sale, so I've been doing terribly so far. I still can't snipe for [cabbage], really turning me off it so I've pretty much just stuck with engineer.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I only got the game during the sale, so I've been doing terribly so far. I still can't snipe for [cabbage], really turning me off it so I've pretty much just stuck with engineer.

It takes a bit to get used to the game, but once you do you'll have a blast.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

If you want practice at sniping, just play rush or conquest and find a decent place with a good over-look of the flag/mcom station, and snipe anyone trying to capture/plant. Just remember that the bullet drops (this isn't CoD with laserbeam snipers), and try to judge distances to compensate for the bullet drop. Panama Canal is good, if you spawn as the Russians; there is a little hill that is covered in plants that overlooks D just outside their spawn, and you have a nice overview of most of the capturable area, so you can snipe anyone trying to. Cold War is a nice rush map to practice on as well.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I agree with whoever said smoke grenades are underused.

I use them when we're attacking on rush and aren't getting anywhere near the MCOMs. A few smokes laid down, either as a diversion or as cover as we find a route in works wonders.

For example, attacking rush on Valparaiso after the Lighthouse MCOM where you have to attack downhill into the little village which is quite a sniper heavy point in the map (as well as the TOW launcher which messes with the Bradley). A few people firing smokes down the ridge or at sniper hotspots makes it much easier as they can't pick you off from afar. It does take teamwork though, which unless you're playing with friends can be difficult.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Like I said, if there was some way to get points while using smoke grenades, I bet they would be a more appealing option for some people. I love using smoke on my vehicles, it can really help. If you put smoke on anything, it removes the tracer darts that have hit your vehicle.

When do you unlock tracer darts? I just started playing (bought BC2 on the Steam sale) and I want my tracer darts! :P

I agree with whoever said smoke grenades are underused.

I use them when we're attacking on rush and aren't getting anywhere near the MCOMs. A few smokes laid down, either as a diversion or as cover as we find a route in works wonders.

For example, attacking rush on Valparaiso after the Lighthouse MCOM where you have to attack downhill into the little village which is quite a sniper heavy point in the map (as well as the TOW launcher which messes with the Bradley). A few people firing smokes down the ridge or at sniper hotspots makes it much easier as they can't pick you off from afar. It does take teamwork though, which unless you're playing with friends can be difficult.

Ah the Lighthouse, GOD I love trolling up there with my m95 and 1911 pistol.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Isla Innocentes is the best sniper map.

Which also happens to be why it is such a bad map in general. Everyone snipes, and nobody goes for the stations. The only reason to play it is to snipe or fly helicopters, which most people can't really do either very effectively.

AT4.

Also, I loooove tracing choppers on Isla.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I've never been able to fly any Battlefield aircraft, ever.

The aircraft are my favorite part. It takes time getting used to the helicopters. The planes in Battlefield 1942 were fantastic to use.

who needs points for smoke nades, smoke snipers on your own team the rage is better than points

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

who needs points for smoke nades, smoke snipers on your own team the rage is better than points

I've done that many times. :thumbup:

I like planting tracer darts on them so enemies can see them easily. I wonder... can you see the dart blinking through the smoke?

I like planting tracer darts on them so enemies can see them easily. I wonder... can you see the dart blinking through the smoke?

Smoke actually nullifies tracer darts. That's another advantage to using the smoke upgrade on vehicles.

Smoke actually nullifies tracer darts. That's another advantage to using the smoke upgrade on vehicles.

It removes the dart? or just prevent target locks for a bit?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

When a vehicle deploys smoke, it removes the tracer dart.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Ah, thought he was talking about 40mm smoke.

Forgot about vehicle perks.

40mm smoke works the same way. All smoke removes tracer darts.

Oh, I thought it was just the perk that did that.

Oh, I thought it was just the perk that did that.

the more you know

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png