Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Support and assault are my go to classes.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Same with me, mostly because Engineer and Sniper are really only useful on the very last set it seems. Sniper could be used for the first part when defending, but most spots snipers would be are pretty obvious. Engineer is used to blow holes in the buildings, but with no vehicles, there isn't much use for it, which is lame since there is SUPPOSED to be a vehicle on this map.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

It depends where I am at on the map (at least for the beta) what class I run. At the first station I run assault. Second part I run engineer, and the third section I run support.

I don't really have a favorite class, but I love how they work.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I literally never play Engineer. I did in BC2 because it was worth it but during the beta there's no point unless you have a Support guy feeding you rockets so you can cover a large area....

I love Assault. Though I swear it's glitched with defibrillators though, I see guys standing up and reviving whereas I have to go prone to revive them which gets frustrating. In my opinion, the 'jack-of-all-trades' class.

Recon...I like sniping, but this just isn't the right map for it. Plus I can get a headshot and not a kill which gets stupid when they kill you with 3 bullets from a pistol. <_<

As with Engineer, I never play Support. I can see why people play it, just not my kind of class. Plus the sights on the default guns suck. :smile:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I literally never play Engineer. I did in BC2 because it was worth it but during the beta there's no point unless you have a Support guy feeding you rockets so you can cover a large area....

I love Assault. Though I swear it's glitched with defibrillators though, I see guys standing up and reviving whereas I have to go prone to revive them which gets frustrating. In my opinion, the 'jack-of-all-trades' class.

Recon...I like sniping, but this just isn't the right map for it. Plus I can get a headshot and not a kill which gets stupid when they kill you with 3 bullets from a pistol. <_<

As with Engineer, I never play Support. I can see why people play it, just not my kind of class. Plus the sights on the default guns suck. :smile:

The first sniper you get (On both Russian and American side) can kill in 2 shots and has a very high rate of fire for a sniper. Put a medium-ranged scope on it and you're set. At close range you can just no scope since the bullet still goes through the middle. ANd once you've unlocked the UMP you an just use that. :P

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

The first sniper you get (On both Russian and American side) can kill in 2 shots and has a very high rate of fire for a sniper. Put a medium-ranged scope on it and you're set. At close range you can just no scope since the bullet still goes through the middle. ANd once you've unlocked the UMP you an just use that. :P

That's what I do with the UMP, but I don't like the default snipers to be honest. It just doesn't give you the feeling of power when you have to shoot them twice with a rifle designed to kill in one. It comes down to the fact that I don't feel like the grim reaper to be honest. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Once hardcore mode is playable, snipers will still dominate. What really pisses me off is getting killed by those two starter snipers in one shot from 100% health, no headshot. Just [bleep]ing ridiculous.

Once hardcore mode is playable, snipers will still dominate. What really pisses me off is getting killed by those two starter snipers in one shot from 100% health, no headshot. Just [bleep]ing ridiculous.

I can agree with this, but I am sure that this will be fixed at least in normal play. I still fee as though semi auto snipers are a little OP but that is my opinion.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

So I guess there is not theater like mode shipping with BF3.

Disappointing.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Disappointing.

Yes it is. Cancelled my pre-order for this. I guess it's just not living up to my expectations, or maybe I'm just moving away from console gaming. I just wasn't hooked after playing the beta, not to mention how many bugs/glitches there were in a beta that's a month from release. I'll probably get it for Christmas or something.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Disappointing.

Yes it is. Cancelled my pre-order for this. I guess it's just not living up to my expectations, or maybe I'm just moving away from console gaming. I just wasn't hooked after playing the beta, not to mention how many bugs/glitches there were in a beta that's a month from release. I'll probably get it for Christmas or something.

If it helps, almost all the Beta bugs have been squashed in the current build, judging by what all the gaming sites are saying. Personally I'd rather there not be a theater mode, it just encourages kids to go for 1337 trickshots. But knowing EA, they'll release it in a 2gb update a month after release.

I quite enjoyed the beta, looking past all the bugs. I thought the torches were quite a nice touch, if a little useless. I'll probably get it when its released which'll give me another shooter to play until Skyrim comes out.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

This is kind of reassuring. Nice to know they aren't tacking the singleplayer on like how they did it on Bad Company 2.

:shock:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I was going to get BF3, but after playing the Beta I won't be buying it. Not for the glitches and stuff, it was a beta so it's bound to have that. It's more for the fact that I get bored of playing it even before the match finishes. I have tried a few times. And no it wasn't on Xbox although I did try it on Xbox too. On PC people actually played objectively and people were generally moving which does make the game fun, but still boring after a while. 20 minutes is too long. I wouldn't suggest getting the game on anything else than the PC seeing as how people on the PC were playing accordingly, and those playing on the Xbox were all campers.

I was going to get BF3, but after playing the Beta I won't be buying it. Not for the glitches and stuff, it was a beta so it's bound to have that. It's more for the fact that I get bored of playing it even before the match finishes. I have tried a few times. And no it wasn't on Xbox although I did try it on Xbox too. On PC people actually played objectively and people were generally moving which does make the game fun, but still boring after a while. 20 minutes is too long. I wouldn't suggest getting the game on anything else than the PC seeing as how people on the PC were playing accordingly, and those playing on the Xbox were all campers.

That was one map with months old coding. The actual one will have vehicles as well. Not to mention the other maps that will be released. Did you play Caspian Border on the PC? And there is a difference between "camping" and "defending an objective".

From the multiplayer footage of Operation Firestorm, it looks pretty bug free.