Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

i heard the 2 starter snipers got nerfed a bit and are now 3-4 hit kills

can anyone confirm this?

I can. It's actually VERY annoying now in normal mode, since there is still the damage inconsistency where sometimes it'll take 5 shots, others it might take two, and they can just duck down before you can hit them one more time. They are so freaking loud too when they miss, so if someone just sprays at you with the SVD, it can nearly blow out your speakers it seems like. What pisses me off now is that there isn't an option to find hardcore-only matches when doing a quick search. Most of the hardcore rush games in the server list are full half of the time...

The servers went down yesterday for a while, and came back up around... 11:30 I believe? Central US time. Then had on and off lag during some matches.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

DICE needs to implement a "flying course". You take a test before starting multiplayer, and it tests you to see if you can fly a helicopter/jet effectively, and without crashing within a certain amount of time. If you fail, you are barred from flying for a set amount of time (a week maybe?). That way we don't have complete idiots trying to fly a helicopter, only to veer left and STAY that way, and crash, killing everyone in the helicopter.

And team kills shouldn't count toward your death amount. Just plain stupid.

can anyone confirm this?

I can. It's actually VERY annoying now in normal mode, since there is still the damage inconsistency where sometimes it'll take 5 shots, others it might take two, and they can just duck down before you can hit them one more time.

cool, guess i will unlock a all kit weapon and use that till the first bolt action

Ranqecaravan.png

I agree with Sarge, there are a lot of idiots that don't know how to fly helicopters or even drive tanks for that matter. Had some guy get in a tank, I jumped on the gun, and he drove into a river, and got the tank stuck 5 seconds later. :wall:

It's like most these people have never touch a game that involves driving before..

tFtfA.jpg

The same problem happened why BC2 was released, helicopters were always getting wasted because people couldn't fly them. It won't take long for people to get used to them.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I agree with Sarge, there are a lot of idiots that don't know how to fly helicopters or even drive tanks for that matter. Had some guy get in a tank, I jumped on the gun, and he drove into a river, and got the tank stuck 5 seconds later. :wall:

It's like most these people have never touch a game that involves driving before..

Granted, flying a helicopter in BF3 is much harder than it is in BFBC2, but still. If you want practice, invite a friend and play Co-op, the Fire in the Sky (or whatever) mission where you pilot a helicopter the entire time.

And I remember my first ever BC2 beta match. I was defending and we were pushed back to the third set of M-COMs, and the apache spawned, someone got in, lifted off, then did a vertical 180 and went back into the ocean. I was laughing and facepalming at the same time.

Got 99 problems but not having bf3 ain't one.

Got 99 problems, and not having enough money to buy BF3 IS one. :(

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I know that feeling. I jumped into a helicopter and it crashed into a tower a few seconds later.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty bad at it because I'm not used to the controls. But it takes practice and after a few crashes (or quite a few), then you can do it properly.

j0xPu5R.png

My first multiplayer conquest game I crashed two helicopters to a side of a cliff =D Average time in air ~30 seconds. Also lost with about 100 ticket margin. was fun

ps3 btw

2nd game I shot down a helicopter with a tank. No heat guiding missiles, pure skill.

edit:

Just now had some awesome last moments in a round we lost by 30 tickets: Driving a hummer, see enemy tank right in front, pull right, down a hill, jump off hummer into nearby house tank following, kill two guys, second one with pistol since assault rifle out of ammo and lastly capture a flag while tank still roaming around to find me. + Explosions, blurred vision, rubble and the music that plays when round is close to end.

bbl, food ->

I know that feeling. I jumped into a helicopter and it crashed into a tower a few seconds later.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty bad at it because I'm not used to the controls. But it takes practice and after a few crashes (or quite a few), then you can do it properly.

First time I used a chopper in BC2 I didn't know how to slow. Ended up crashing into a house and getting a double kill from it. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

i hope once i get the game tomorrow all the idiots will rush for the jets and fight over them leaving me to just walk up the the chopper / tank

You get to spawn in the helicopters/jets from the spawn select menu. No real "rushing" required. And on most maps, the helicopters and jets spawn either far away from the action, in the "no mans land", or in the very back of the base that nobody goes to. It's when people get in a jet, die 30 seconds later by not being able to fly it, then WAIT IN THE SPAWN SELECT TO SPAWN IN IT AGAIN, is what's annoying. I'm telling you, pilot training course... seriously...

Granted I wasn't much better at flying a jet my first time. Didn't even get a kill or anything, but I still managed to fly for a few minutes before being shot down by a stinger (stupid...). I didn't go hog-wild on the joysticks or anything, which is what it seems most people do. My friend on the other hand, who ended up on the enemy team and spawned in a jet by accident, was screaming "I'M IN A JET OMFG WHAT AM I DOING I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FLY THIS THING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" It was really funny, especially since he was screaming before the match even started. He ended up crashing into a tower too, after about two minutes.

Ive played ace combat so much, and the controls IN BF3 are inverted...so first time i flew a jet I piled drived it into the ground...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Spawned in a jet 6 times in a row last game to try and learn flying, it ended in a suicide each time. Are the jets meant for air-to-air battles or air-to-ground? So far they seem fun, but useless. Hoping to get something done with them to get some of the unlocks. First time killing someone with a jet must be so rewarding :thumbsup:

I have my old Beta-era SAW back :twisted: (Extended mags, holographic/ACOG/bipod with Ammo perk) Next unlock for Support are the MORTARSSSSSSS. I saw someone using it (actually, heard and saw the explosions) and it looks sweet :thumbup:

Team Deathmatch is pretty fun. Had a really hectic game on Grand Bazaar.

The co-op in this game is pretty fun. Definitely worth the time. Plus you unlock weapons you will only get through co-op. It'll take a while though, since there are only six missions or so. I've beaten 4 and am just about to unlock the first weapon, which is the M##-Rex (the revolver). There are a bunch of other unlocks as well.

Dice needs more Hardcore servers. I'm lucky to ever find even three open ones, and even then there are only about one or two spots open, which are immediately filled. Quick match always puts me in a normal server, which I don't really like.

can anyone confirm this?

yeah, it's really annoying to pump 3 sniper rounds in a guy and have him still shooting at you...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Heading out tomorrow morning to pick BF3 up. Can't wait.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction