Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Got to say my favourite map is Operation Metro. Conquest or rush, they're equally amazing.Was never a fan of Tehran Highway though. Just way too open for my liking. You start walking and can get instantly sniped.
this is my feelings exactly on both accounts. Metro is awesome, especially when you start on the cafe side of conquest. holding the ticket check area is the most fun of any game type of any map

Metro on conquest, flag B. Utter carnage. I love it.

EDIT: What made the game so amazing was the fact there was actual teamwork used. That just made the experience so much better.

Agree completely. Having a squad that works together, healing/throwing ammo and using the squad spawn system wisely makes the match all the better. It's great when your squad manages to take an MCOM or a bunch of conquest flags single handedly by supporting each other. It's that kind of thing for me that sets BF3/BC2 etc apart from other console shooters.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Im starting to get really good now. My KD is 1.50, and my win/lost ratio is 1.68. Just unlocked the G36 for engineer class. I still prefer the A-91 with the IR sight or 3.4 ACOG, fore grip and a suppressor.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

im much more accurate with the snipers in this game, knowing most of the time i wont get a 1 hit kill with a body shot im hitting alot more headshots compared to bc2

also, ir scope and flashlight (outdoors) needs to be nurfed a little imo. the flashlight is brighter than the [bleep]ing sun

only have around 12k points in all classes (i ragequit ALOT). cant wait to unlock that sniper that has 6 rounds and very little bullet drop (cant remember its name)

Ranqecaravan.png

im much more accurate with the snipers in this game, knowing most of the time i wont get a 1 hit kill with a body shot im hitting alot more headshots compared to bc2

also, ir scope and flashlight (outdoors) needs to be nurfed a little imo. the flashlight is brighter than the [bleep]ing sun

only have around 12k points in all classes (i ragequit ALOT). cant wait to unlock that sniper that has 6 rounds and very little bullet drop (cant remember its name)

I still think it's pretty stupid how snipers work in this game now. I shot a guy in the chest, and still didn't get a kill, but when he ran by a different time and I shot him in the leg, he died. Doesn't make a lick of sense. But I love my SV98 :grin: My next goal is getting the IR scope, extended mags, and slug rounds for the 870MCS. Thing is a sniper rifle in and of itself.

And I believe if you look at a bright light through an IR scope in real life, you'd burn your eyes badly. So it only makes sense that a tactical light blinds you.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

The M98B? I think that's what its called.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

The M98B? I think that's what its called.

thats the one, need 200k points ;_; might just play recon till i unlock it or it will take ages

Ranqecaravan.png

I still think it's pretty stupid how snipers work in this game now. I shot a guy in the chest, and still didn't get a kill, but when he ran by a different time and I shot him in the leg, he died. Doesn't make a lick of sense. But I love my SV98 :grin: My next goal is getting the IR scope, extended mags, and slug rounds for the 870MCS. Thing is a sniper rifle in and of itself.

And I believe if you look at a bright light through an IR scope in real life, you'd burn your eyes badly. So it only makes sense that a tactical light blinds you.

flashlights are annoying, but its a realistic effect. Looking at a tactical flashlight directly from damn near any distance hurts like a [bleep]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

flashlights are annoying, but its a realistic effect. Looking at a tactical flashlight directly from damn near any distance hurts like a [bleep]

The moment you have to defend a feature by saying it's realistic you know it's broken.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

The moment you have to defend a feature by saying it's realistic you know it's broken.

Granted it would be nice if they applied a "same team" feature so when a teammate flashes it in your eyes, it doesn't affect you, but you could just shoot them when they do and claim you though they were an enemy since you couldn't see the blue blip due to the BLINDING LIGHT in your face.

But that's just me.

I thought Javelins could lock onto air targets?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

A shoulder launched AntiTank missile with both a direct and top attack mode. Fire-and-Forget system requires a lock on before launch, exceptionally powerful against enemy armor.

That's what the weapon description is. Probably didn't want it too OP, so they split the Stinger and the Javelin apart for anti-air and anti-ground.

unlocked the UMP-45. K/D ratio skyrocketed. Friggin' loving this gun. An hour of play with it and I already unlocked the reflex sight, laser sight, and suppressor. Tight quarters combat is SO much easier now

unlocked the UMP-45. K/D ratio skyrocketed. Friggin' loving this gun. An hour of play with it and I already unlocked the reflex sight, laser sight, and suppressor. Tight quarters combat is SO much easier now

Thats the one gun I'm looking forward to unlocking as it's been destroying me lately.

Unlocked the mortar but I've not had a chance to put it to good use yet.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I just got it as well, but Im not as big of a fan as you are. Hopefully once I get some good practice with it I can use it on other classes (mainly recon). My favorite gun up to this point is the the A-91. With the right attachments on it the gun is downright deadly.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyN_Zjw4l-s

So yea. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONE- oh wait it's free. TAKE MY MONEY ANYWAY!

The aim of the Conquest game mode is to capture neutral (usually white or no-flag) or enemy flags and hold them. Once captured, flags serves as a spawn point for both infantry and vehicles. Teams must hold flags and kill opposing team members to reduce the enemy ticket count. Once a team ticket count is reduced to zero, the other team wins. In Battlefield 1942, ticket loss depends on the type of Conquest mode:

* Head-On - Enemy tickets start reducing once a team holds over half of the map's flags

* Assault - Enemy tickets only reduce once every flag on a map has been captured by a team

A shoulder launched AntiTank missile with both a direct and top attack mode. Fire-and-Forget system requires a lock on before launch, exceptionally powerful against enemy armor.

That's what the weapon description is. Probably didn't want it too OP, so they split the Stinger and the Javelin apart for anti-air and anti-ground.

Eh, I could have swore I saw gameplay footage of it being used against air targets.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyN_Zjw4l-s

So yea. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONE- oh wait it's free. TAKE MY MONEY ANYWAY!

The aim of the Conquest game mode is to capture neutral (usually white or no-flag) or enemy flags and hold them. Once captured, flags serves as a spawn point for both infantry and vehicles. Teams must hold flags and kill opposing team members to reduce the enemy ticket count. Once a team ticket count is reduced to zero, the other team wins. In Battlefield 1942, ticket loss depends on the type of Conquest mode:

* Head-On - Enemy tickets start reducing once a team holds over half of the map's flags

* Assault - Enemy tickets only reduce once every flag on a map has been captured by a team

Oh man... Assault looks like fun. So pumped for it!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I've played Assault before, it's tons of fun. I prefer it over Conquest.

Also I figured it out, Javelins lock on to lased targets, from laser designators.

Albel, I saw you were online just a minute ago and tried joining your game but sadly it was full. Will try again if I see you online later.

I got on for a bit to try using the support class. Maybe tomorrow hit me up and I shall see if I can join you

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJurYPXA_uw&feature=related

I'll just leave this here. And someone needs to develop a team scramble plugin asap. Losing a conquest match 290-0 on a 350 ticket match is garbage.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Faced a rank 44 Support that went 57-12 for the round.

wtf.