Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

I'm having fun with this. A lot of fun. :thumbup:

It feels like some bastard child of Crysis 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Battlefield 2, the first part of which is setting me a bit on edge, but it's a good game nonetheless.

Trying to get in the groove of using a shotgun without 12 gauge slugs, though I'll unlock them soon enough. On that note, what are the uses supposed to be for Frag and Flechette shells? Less damage, seemingly less ammo... Suppression when it isn't referring to quiet weapons isn't something I'm familiar with and what would I need increased penetration to shoot through?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Finished single player. I liked this better than the other 3 fps single player campaigns I've played: mw2, blops & bfbc2. A good balance of gun fight & quicktime events, good generic story with a few highlights and memorable moments thrown in there. No major complaints; the thing that bothered me the most was the lack of facial animations. Your pals have some strange looking eyes in this game.

Anyone have anything to say about the shotgun thing? :|

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Frag rounds just suppress the enemy, even though it seems like they should do a lot of damage... and flechette rounds would be used for when enemies are bunched up, but are only really useful for the faster shotguns (aka, not the 870 due to pump action). Just use it until you get IR scope, slugs, and extended mag, then go to town. :thumbup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Frag rounds just suppress the enemy, even though it seems like they should do a lot of damage... and flechette rounds would be used for when enemies are bunched up, but are only really useful for the faster shotguns (aka, not the 870 due to pump action). Just use it until you get IR scope, slugs, and extended mag, then go to town. :thumbup:

Use what? Buckshot?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

How does the suppression thing work exactly? I've had bonuses for it but have no real idea how I got them.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

How does the suppression thing work exactly? I've had bonuses for it but have no real idea how I got them.

Suppression is firing around a person which causes their character to go into stress-mode which blurs the crap out of their screen. it's probably happened to you if you've ever escaped being sniped at. You get bonuses for it if someone kills the target you were aiming at, or if you save a team mate by causing your target to stop shooting at your team mate. There's specializations you can unlock to make yourself nearly immune to suppressive fire, and one to make your bullets more "intimidating" so to speak to increase the duration of your targets stress.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Suppression is firing around a person which causes their character to go into stress-mode which blurs the crap out of their screen. it's probably happened to you if you've ever escaped being sniped at. You get bonuses for it if someone kills the target you were aiming at, or if you save a team mate by causing your target to stop shooting at your team mate. There's specializations you can unlock to make yourself nearly immune to suppressive fire, and one to make your bullets more "intimidating" so to speak to increase the duration of your targets stress.

Ah, thank you sir. That does explain a fair bit as I've had the blurry screen before just put that down to rounds and explosions going off close by.

Had a couple of games earlier. Been using the A-91 a lot with suppressor and red dot sight which I've been doing pretty well with. Scattering anti tank mines about as well has bagged me a few destroy vehicle kills. It's good that they don't disappear when you're killed.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I went full beast mode on Operation Firestorm tonight. I spent the whole game in a jet, didn't crash once. Got many disable/destroy pins. :thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Ah, thank you sir. That does explain a fair bit as I've had the blurry screen before just put that down to rounds and explosions going off close by.

Had a couple of games earlier. Been using the A-91 a lot with suppressor and red dot sight which I've been doing pretty well with. Scattering anti tank mines about as well has bagged me a few destroy vehicle kills. It's good that they don't disappear when you're killed.

The A-91 is for gameless [bleep]es.

As in, it beats my shotgun style every time. <_<

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm really not a fan of the A-91. I prefer the Scar.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I'm really not a fan of the A-91. I prefer the Scar.

This. This guy I like. :thumbup:

Of course the shotgun is still the most awesome of all, but... Whatevs.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have fun with the shotgun, on the maps that are appropriate for it.

You're not going to do that well with the 870 on Caspian Border.

I have fun with the shotgun, on the maps that are appropriate for it.

You're not going to do that well with the 870 on Caspian Border.

No [bleep]ing kidding.

Regardless, my dedication is unyielding! I shall charge into the fray wielding that weapon of choice, until I have mastered it in its entirety!

I will surpass GODS!

I'VE BEEN READING TOO MUCH SOUL EATER!!!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I've been a longtime BFBC2 fan, and played BF3 for the first time last night at a buddies. I wasn't sure which gun to use, so I randomly decided to use the PKP Pecheneg. The first 3 rounds I could only go positive by about 5 kills, but that was until I unlocked the foregrip attachment. Then I hopped into some Deathmatch, and saw the difference the attachment made, ripping up a k/d of 17-3 and 24-4, which is more the style BFBC2 matches used to be. I went back to Conquest, which I've decided I like a whole lot more, due to the ease of kills. I'm looking forward to purchasing this game for myself and seeing how I do once I'm used to the maps.

The only bug I ran into was the knife one, but since it's an EA game, I'm sure there's a number that need to be ironed out. However, I can easily wait for them to be fixed, as it doesn't mar the gaming experience very much. I definitely like how the tactical feel comes back from BFBC2, and have adjusted to Conquest rather quickly, as it was always Rush mode that my friends and I played in BFBC2. I'm sure with the new COD game, the people who enjoy the arcade feel will head back to that game and we'll be left with the tactical players for the most part. I'm definitely looking forward to some time spent with my usual squad in the coming months. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also, is there a hardcore version for the Xbox 360 yet? As in similar to the BFBC2 hardcore mode with no radar, no killcam, reduced health, and no health regeneration?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Scattering anti tank mines about as well has bagged me a few destroy vehicle kills. It's good that they don't disappear when you're killed.

This made me so happy. That is why I didn't use them at all in BC2.

Been using support kit a lot the past few days. Unlock the mortars on it and I have to say I rather enjoy using them. Had a game earlier where I was a ninja. I got 7 melee kills in one round. Then the next round I got 4. That brought my kills up to 27 with the knife which made me very happy.

My stats on battelog if anyone wants to look at them.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/BeetusKid/stats/292273179/ps3/

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Scattering anti tank mines about as well has bagged me a few destroy vehicle kills. It's good that they don't disappear when you're killed.

This made me so happy. That is why I didn;t use them at all in BC2.

They did stay after you died in BC2.....

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

They did stay after you died in BC2.....

They did, I don't ever remember that to be honest :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

...Didn't they stay when you die in BC2 as well? Pretty sure they did.

Sure did. It was enjoyable getting kills long after throwing down some mines.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

EDIT: Also, is there a hardcore version for the Xbox 360 yet? As in similar to the BFBC2 hardcore mode with no radar, no killcam, reduced health, and no health regeneration?

You have to search for hardcore games in the server browser. My guess is there aren't enough hardcore servers yet for there to be a quick match option to be viable and work. And yes, no hud except for minimap and squad, no killcam, less health, vehicles don't regenerate, nor does health, and enemy blips don't appear on screen, just on the radar. You do get a minimap though, which is kind of nice.

Sure did. It was enjoyable getting kills long after throwing down some mines.

Nothing beats a surprise 500+ points for a LAV mine kill with a few passengers inside.

Going to start using Recon and Assault a bit more as I've barely touched them. Been having too much fun blowing shit up as an Engineer.

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction