Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

you can only plant one C4 at a time in BF3

Hmm?

Also, on a a fairly related note: Why did they switch the names of Assault and Support? To me it seems more logical to give a Support class the health kits since that's more focused on supporting your teammates than outright killing people (Assault). It's very confusing. Giving people ammo is also supporting your teammates but the class is more often used to get a ton of kills than as support.

It doesn't really matter much but it still irks me.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

I may just be too low a level to get them, but I can't understand why c4 isn't an all-kit equipment on BF3. I personally used it more than the terrible mortars on BC2. <_<

Because snipers should not be destroying vehicles. Neither should assaults really, but they can do some damage with their grenade launcher. "But then how is that balanced if snipers can't do anything against vehicles?!?@!@hauifhasif" SNIPERS AREN'T MEANT TO KILL VEHICLES. Plus they have the Soflam, and the MAV. Support gets C4 to blow up walls to make pathways for teammates (You know, supporting other people), and take a huge risk when trying to take out vehicles with it.

A huge risk when the driver doesn't even know he's there? It's not exactly rocket science to slap 2 C4s on the back of a tank and press the detonator. By that logic, wouldn't it be better for support to have the Soflam/MAV. You know, to support other people.

The driver could back up suddenly, other people might see you running to and from the tank, there could be a gunner... Lots of reasons why it's risky business. Recon does reconnaissance work. Spots out targets, designates vehicles from long range. You know, recon the area.

And you can plant up to 5 c4 i believe. guaranteed three. All you need to do is restock.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

you can only plant one C4 at a time in BF3

Hmm?

Also, on a a fairly related note: Why did they switch the names of Assault and Support? To me it seems more logical to give a Support class the health kits since that's more focused on supporting your teammates than outright killing people (Assault). It's very confusing. Giving people ammo is also supporting your teammates but the class is more often used to get a ton of kills than as support.

It doesn't really matter much but it still irks me.

I see assault as more of a front lines medic [fast shooting light gun, health drop, defib] I guess the name is truly earned by the grenade and shotgun attachments. Like i said, Support get's it's name because it's supposed to be used for covering fire and suppressive ordinance,

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The side you are facing is the side you exit from when you bail from a land vehicle. That being said, I still get [bleep]ing killed when I bail on the opposite side of fire. [bleep]ing bullshit. Also, switching to my pistol feels slow as hell.

Have any of your guys ever tried Tank-Vaulting? As in, running up to and jumping on top of an enemy tank/IFV?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Have any of your guys ever tried Tank-Vaulting? As in, running up to and jumping on top of an enemy tank/IFV?

If I did that, I'd do the glitch that sends you flying off really fast when they fire. That'd freak them out I bet :thumbup:

"DID I JUST SHOOT A SOLDIER OUT OF MY CANNON?!"

How intelligent...

Point of game = fun.

If I did that, I'd do the glitch that sends you flying off really fast when they fire. That'd freak them out I bet :thumbup:

I need to try that. :thumbup:

I've tank-vaulted three times, two times successfully. The first was during a Squad Deathmatch and my team was holed in so I needed to escape. The second was out of boredom, and I got shot down from my position. The third... The third time I took the tank out. Planted an AT Mine on the roof and jumped off as it went off and disabled the damned thing.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

How intelligent...

Point of game = fun.

I need to try that. :thumbup:

I've tank-vaulted three times, two times successfully. The first was during a Squad Deathmatch and my team was holed in so I needed to escape. The second was out of boredom, and I got shot down from my position. The third... The third time I took the tank out. Planted an AT Mine on the roof and jumped off as it went off and disabled the damned thing.

Do you know how to do it? It's a bit hard to explain how to do it. You climb on, get on the turret, go prone so your head is in the .50 cal, with your feet pointing down the cannon. If done right, when they fire, you should go flying pretty fast along the ground. That's on the abrams. I believe on the T-90, you need to be prone, facing the same way, only towards the very back of the turret. Haven't had a chance to try it on the T-90 really.

I believe you have to get that weapon's or vehicle's service star in order to get the dog tag with the kills displayed.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I know how you got service stars in BC2, but do you get those on [bF3] from getting every attachment with a weapon? Or am I thinking of something else from BC2... :unsure:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

You also get a service star for an infantry and vehicle class by getting all it's unlocks. You get another star for that class everytime you get a certain amount of points after you get the first star from all unlocks. Not bad if I do say so myself!

Yeah. At the moment, I have to get 35,000 points in the Jet to get my second service star for it.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Went 14-1 on Caspian Border with the Abrams. :thumbup:

I had no idea you could kill people with the MAV rofl

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn