Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Honestly I kind of wish they would just do the squad system like they do on the PC. Be able to chose which squad we want to be in, start our own, etc. When my friends and I would start a squad in the menus and join a game, we'd get in and be split up and spend five minutes trying to get in the same squad together. Would be way easier to just be able to start our own.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Honestly I kind of wish they would just do the squad system like they do on the PC. Be able to chose which squad we want to be in, start our own, etc. When my friends and I would start a squad in the menus and join a game, we'd get in and be split up and spend five minutes trying to get in the same squad together. Would be way easier to just be able to start our own.

That's how it works in BC2.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Console gamers don't have to know that feel

That 2560 x 1600 4xAA. Console games never stand a chance.

But none of that matters, the gameplay is the same.

I'm probably going to get flamed to hell for this, but these are my thoughts:

The game isn't that great. Yes, yes, I know, it's a Beta.

The glitches are not my issue. My issue with the game is simply the amount of [cabbage] you have to install and go through just to play. It's bad enough to have to install a client for one game, let alone have to open Firefox everytime to play and having to DL a browser add-on. It's a terrible idea, why not cut the [cabbage] and just have the server browser in-game?

Another issue: You cannot access squad management or the server browser in-game. Why not? This feels like such a step backwards.

The game in general just feels like BC3. This is the sequel to the almighty BF2, one of the best war shooters of all time (at least IMO). They stripped it down too much. There's no commander mode (meaning no UAV, no artillery, and no supply drops), no squad leaders What do you expect in a beta with only one map, half of which is underground?, and just less complex in general compared to BF2.

They traded all that in, and for what? Trees falling when grenades explode next to them. The destruction thing is cool and all, but I'd much rather have the complexity of BF2.

There.

This is Battlefield 3, not Battlefield 2.

Stop expecting a rehash...

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Hilarity ensues when you let all the enemies run past you, then go on a huge SVD streak as they spawn on a teammate I can't see. Loving the beta so far. :thumbsup:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Console gamers don't have to know that feel

That 2560 x 1600 4xAA. Console games never stand a chance.

But none of that matters, the gameplay is the same.

Looks prettier.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Just played my best game. Went 28 and 19, and the number two player overall in the game. Can't wait for this release now :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I love playing Support <3: SAW w/ bipod, extended mag, holographic, and ammo perk is beastly. Plus, support gets mortars :twisted:

I love playing Support <3: SAW w/ bipod, extended mag, holographic, and ammo perk is beastly. Plus, support gets mortars :twisted:

The thought of the sheer amount of bullets that set up must pump out is mind boggling. I must see/do it myself.

C4? That's what they had in BC2 along with mortars.

No decent range on it. They're basically becoming a second medic. When a vehicle rocks up, you're [bleep]ed.

Thought this would be worthy of a new post.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/report-ea-and-valve-in-late-stage-talks-to-get-battlefield-3-to-steam/

According to an anonymous report BF3Blog received from inside Valve, the developer/publisher is currently in late-stage talks with EA in bringing Battlefield 3 to the Steam digital distribution service. The rumor says that Battlefield 3 would be available on Steam just in time for the games release on October 25.

According to the report, EA and Valve are very close to reaching an agreement regarding sales of DLC content, which is the main reason Battlefield 3 is not on Steam: Valve requires that all DLC is sold through Steam, while EA would prefer to sell via its own channels. This was the cause of another EA title, Crysis 2, for being pulled from Steam earlier this year.

Many PC gamers have lobbied both EA and Valve to put Battlefield 3 on Steam for a while now. It looks like itll finally happen soon.

Weve reached out to EA and Valve for a comment on this story.

As long as I can activate my retail copy with Steam I'll be happy.

The thought of the sheer amount of bullets that set up must pump out is mind boggling. I must see/do it myself.

200 rounds per box, 200 in reserve (I've had 400 at times somehow). Drop down an ammo box and set up the bipods, you can hold down a hallway pretty easily with a friend to cover you while you reload. And when firing full-auto standing up, the recoil reaches a point where there IS no recoil, and the reticule is very stable. It's awesome. I'm about 15k away from unlocking mortars too :thumbsup:

My internet loves to take the mickey. I put my Radio Beacon near the second set of stairs, die, and see that there's 4 or 5 people chilling just in front of me. Just as I fire...internet drops out.

Rages were had. :angry:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Downloading now just to give it a shot. Probably won't be able to get it for a few months seeing how I bought Dark Souls lately, so...

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

black ops has better hit detection than this [cabbage]

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

black ops has better hit detection than this [cabbage]

Are you serious? I can land every shot on someone on BO and they don't die but in BF3 I find that I can actually get kills on people that I KNOW I hit.

-Random Youtuber

I've had quite a few instances where I've killed people that are behind walls/objects, and vice versa. It's pretty annoying to be prone looking down a hallway, start being shot at, get up and THROUGH A DOORWAY, then fall over dead in a separate room, out of the incoming fire.

so what does this stupid recon thingy that replaced motion balls do (cant remember its stupid name)?

it just beeps more when people get near it?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

It isn't like anyone looks at the radar anyway... I swear, so many stupid people play this on the consoles. I've had teammates literally RUN PAST enemies, only to be knifed in the back. Or have an enemy and teammate looking opposite directions, RIGHT. NEXT. TO. EACH. OTHER. Oh my teammate right next to me just got knifed? Whatever, I'll be fi-OH GOD THE PAIN OF A KNIFE IN MY HEART. :wall: