Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

I'm a conquest fiend, first "special" tag being for conquest wins obviously. Now I've won it 5 times over, soon to be 6. I started playing some team deathmatch recently though. Shotguns are so useful in DM. Rush is fun, but it's insanely frustrating on some levels.

Same here. I love conquest <3:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Is this worth getting now on 360? PC is not an option for me.

In a similar question, why is this not worth getting for PC? Is it the Origin crap?

It's not that it's not worth it, I just don't have the reqs to run it on good settings.

And the stupid anti-piracy stuff they made me do with Spore. That too.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Finally got air radar for jets. I was so happy that I actually landed my jet, killed my self switched perks and got back in the same jet to use it. Was very fun after that. I don't know what I am going to do once I hit 45. I am so horrible at sniping it would pointless for me to get a service star in that :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Finally got air radar for jets. I was so happy that I actually landed my jet, killed my self switched perks and got back in the same jet to use it. Was very fun after that. I don't know what I am going to do once I hit 45. I am so horrible at sniping it would pointless for me to get a service star in that :mellow:

I only just switched to Air Radar today [been using stealth] and I have to say, it's much more useful. I can dodge enemy jets, AND get a heads up on their predicted AO. Much better than not getting spotted. I unlocked Below The Radar, but I'm probably not going to use it until I get maintenance.

I've become a USAS-12 noob when it comes to Metro. Sue me.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I recently found the joys of the Mortar. Support class is suddenly even more appealing.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I recently found the joys of the Mortar. Support class is suddenly even more appealing.

It's not so great. A lot of people have it now and the second they see the mortar icon they switch to their support and mortar back.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Mortars are awesome if, as someone said, nobody else bothers to counter-mortar. Honestly, mortars really shouldn't show up automatically. It's easy enough to see the smoke trails, and then guesstimate where they are coming from. So annoying to be counter-mortared.

Have they brought hardcore servers back yet? :angry:

Also, I recommend getting those two kills, then unlocking the amazing MG36 <3:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

The M60 is my baby at the moment, but I really want to try out the MG36.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

MG36 is my favorite gun next to the KH2000. I've also found pleasure in mortaring lately, but generally only as a response to someone else mortaring. Seems the christmas noobs are discovering the joy of 60mm shells, and I'm loving the free mortar kills [only about a dozen away from my first service star with it]. More often then not, I'll be counter mortared and win the fight by simply hopping off the mortar the second i send my shell out. Saved my life a few times.

@Albel TURN YOUR MIC UP

@Albel TURN YOUR MIC UP

I have a crappy bluetooth head set. Hopefully you can get on Skype later on?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

It's not so great. A lot of people have it now and the second they see the mortar icon they switch to their support and mortar back.

That's how I get my kills. Counter-Counter-Mortar Mortar. I also use it to discourage passage through choke points and support allies. Though I can't tell when an actual firefight is going on, I assume that it's a safe bet when multiple red arrows are pointed at multiple blue/green ones.

Also take out the occasional spotted sniper.

Even when I don't do so well, it reminds me a bit of my days as Commander in Battlefield 2142, when I would stand back and sweep destruction across the enemy lines while keeping my allies informed and directed. I'm a good tactician, but only on a large scale.

(Actually it was probably just me doing what the Commander was meant to rather than ignoring it)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I love spamming frags and smokes into high traffic areas. Both of them cause damage and create chaos for the other team so my guys can go in and plant, although of course nobody ever bothers to do that.

The last 5 times I've seen the MAV being used, it was exclusively to try to roadkill people. So annoying because it's actually kind of hard to hit.

I try to get roadkills with it if I see anyone just sitting there. Otherwise, it's spam the back button and fly around, dodging anti-air and javelin missiles. Almost to the third surveillance assist medal. Want to see what the dogtag for five of them is. :thumbup:

I try to get roadkills with it if I see anyone just sitting there. Otherwise, it's spam the back button and fly around, dodging anti-air and javelin missiles. Almost to the third surveillance assist medal. Want to see what the dogtag for five of them is. :thumbup:

The Big Brother tag looks pretty slick. I'm on my 48th ribbon, but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. Last I played Metro and there was a MAV exclusively killing people, but actually managed to get upwards of 11 kills. Excruciatingly frustrating to see your entire team distracted by a friggin' robot, and even worse to get killed by it twice when you were looking the other way >.>

I just had an MAV in Karkand murder most of the enemy team. I envy those people.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Is the heavy barrel worth it? I can't tell if I like it or not.

It's decent. I liked it on my M16A3, but I've long since stopped using it. Makes distance shooting do 'more' damage by negating damage drop over distance. Makes close range encounter interactions change by jumping in recoil more significantly. Works best with bi-pod deployed.

Overall though, there's better attachments to be had in that slot. I'm a huge fan of the silencer in particular.

So I got it today on 360, it asked me if I want to download HD content. Should I? It already looks amazing, and I don't want to melt my Xbox.

Yes. It's like switching to HD from SD. PS3 players were forced to download it to play, and I did notice it looked even more realistic than before.

So I got it today on 360, it asked me if I want to download HD content. Should I? It already looks amazing, and I don't want to melt my Xbox.

It didn't melt my 4 year old Xbox, it wont melt yours. Trust me. I'm a doctor.

And seriously, the SD looks horrible.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Shouldn't a heavy barrel reduce (upward) recoil instead of increasing it...? I mean, I understand balancing and all of that, but still.