Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

So I unlocked frag rounds for the DAO-12. Lets just say people were not happy with me. First game went 24-12. The gun it's self is amazing, and personally I love using it. Only time I use it though is on Gran Bizarre, or when I'm angry :smile:

K/D now 1.52, Win/Lost is now 2.05 :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

How about you use some teamwork? Helicopters are the easiest vehicles to take down.

i only play with randoms, what is teamwork?

Playing with randoms on NC, I shot a rocket at a Littlebird...along with 5 other missiles. Many a laugh was had when the helicopter got utterly destroyed. :thumbup:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

So I unlocked frag rounds for the DAO-12. Lets just say people were not happy with me. First game went 24-12. The gun it's self is amazing, and personally I love using it. Only time I use it though is on Gran Bizarre, or when I'm angry :smile:

K/D now 1.52, Win/Lost is now 2.05 :thumbup:

Just wait until you unlock the USAS. :twisted:

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Am I the only one that finds it incredibly irritating when your attacking team don't even plant the bomb? They just mill around doing nothing. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Have no [bleep]ing idea what happened today. I know I'm not perfect, but I just couldn't do anything right today. Got my ass handed to me every game I played... so [bleep]ing pissed right now :mad:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Must just be a bad day. Come tomorrow you'll be pwning noobs again.

I've been getting on bad teams lately. I play conquest almost exclusively and I can't seem to get on a winning team. No matter how many bases I capture my team just does not want to defend them. :/

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

That list pretty much sums up my annoyances about BF3. The fact that BFBC2 did most of those things better makes it even sillier. It's probably a result of EA wanting the game to be released before MW3 hit the stores.

I have no real problems with the squad menus, weapon select/customize, etc really. It's their menus that need fixed badly. If you play for more than an hour it seems, pictures of weapons, dogtags, etc. in the death screen and customization screens disappear. That annoying orange triangle symboling a new unlock, while getting better, still stays around. I was playing rush on Op. Metro and hit start, and the transport airplanes were in the air behind my guy. How the screen flickers with EVERY. LITTLE. CHANGE. Is really annoying.

Basically it's not the game itself that annoys me, it's the menus.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I have no real problems with the squad menus, weapon select/customize, etc really. It's their menus that need fixed badly. If you play for more than an hour it seems, pictures of weapons, dogtags, etc. in the death screen and customization screens disappear. That annoying orange triangle symboling a new unlock, while getting better, still stays around. I was playing rush on Op. Metro and hit start, and the transport airplanes were in the air behind my guy. How the screen flickers with EVERY. LITTLE. CHANGE. Is really annoying.

Basically it's not the game itself that annoys me, it's the menus.

My opinion as well. Game play wise the game is amazing for a FPS. Better then BC2? I don't know yet, but I am leaning that way. It's just the small things that EA missed that makes the game not live up to its full potential.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

The repairman strategy of Z11's/ Spawn Copters [and even tanks occasionally] is not hard to counter. Simply kill the batman...err...repairman. Flying a scout chopper with an engineer fixing you is grand fun, but fighting it can be frustrating until you get some team work involved. Generally you need at least one Stinger/Igla pointed at it, a vehicle and some intelligence. The AA gunner in the posted video was awful. He was like 200m out, firing only when able to, and completely missing a huge chunk of the auto-gun shots. If he were closer, he could target better and hit the repairmen, maybe even hit with a missle or two and do damage. It also didn't hurt that he was firing at a Spawn Copter and not a Z11/Littlebird. Those things take a beating no matter what you're firing with. Legit his those things with 2 heatseekers straight on from a Jet only to get it smoking, not even disabled before. But that's fair, since they're practically defenseless.

And mortars are perfectly balanced. They rarely do more than suppressive fire, unless you're playing rush, they're easy as sin to kill [especially if you counter-mortar] and I've only encountered a mortar user in maybe 4/10 matches.

Ya'll need to stop friggin' whining.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I've returned because I only just got around to reading this:

http://i.imgur.com/myLUj.jpg

I'll begin from the first panel, panel bby panel explaining how whiny the community is being over what I believe is a near perfect game:

1)

It's an intro screen. grow up. Give it the 2 seconds of self advertisement. Patience is a virtue.

2)

Loading the full battlelog slows RAM down, along with loading speed. Choosing not to load it will help those with poor connections. It's not even very relevant information overall, if you're really going to [bleep] about it.

3)

Have you read those messages? Are they truly SO important that you have to read them twice? No. So who cares how fast it scrolls BACK to it's original position.

4)

Server Choosing is a little sloppy, but if I recall correctly, it's not terrible. I just use quickmatch and I'm content, so whatever.

5)

You're the one complaining about menu layout complexity. So now you're demanding even MORE menus. That makes sense. Pistol specialization is a tactician's choice, and it's easier to switch it out on the fly using the quick menu used upon spawning. Which is actually really convenient if you're not a dunce. But more on that later.

6)

Over complicated weapon menu? Are you kidding? They couldn't have made it any simpler. Pick class, modify class, deploy. THE END. To mod your weapon, yes you have to go into an extra screen. Big deal. In this screen, more details are given to you, with a closer look at what you're actually doing. If anything this is more complicated. I'm actually not a fan of using this screen at all during a battle, as I prefer to mod my weapons before I start playing [in the player menu of the main screen upon inserting the disc]. if I need to switching my L96 for a USAS-12, they ALREADY HAVE MY MODS ON THEM. It's not like it's forcing you to mod your weapon every bloody time you spawn. I just use the quick menu. Suppose I was a fan of the Assault class that round...L1, O, down, X. DONE. 4 god damn buttons. EASY. Then I can select a spawn point that I actually want.

7)

You have to press extra buttons because you're in a more complicated spawn screen. Doy.

8)

Any veteran player wouldn't even need this step.

9)

This is a screen for those that are just learning about the weapons they JUST earned. Or if they forgot to mod their weapons prior to playing. Maybe even adding a new mod to a new gun. This isn't meant to be frustrating, it only is because you're using the wrong tool for the wrong job.

10)

I'm unsure why this is, but I would say it's to reward players for having intelligence and patience enough to understand their weapons. But I agree, it really shouldn't be hidden.

11)

Or you could use the quick menu like a big boy

12)

Should have used the quick menu ;)

13)

woah woah woah. WHAT?

This actually baffled me. BAFFLED. Is there seriously a complaint about the clarity of which the intricate maps are laid out for you in a simple HUD? You can see EVERYTHING. And it's WONDERFUL. Anyone using teamwork [HUGE PORTION OF THE DAN GAME BTW] will want to know where their team mates are, especially their squad. You can see bases and objectives so YOU HAVE A BLOODY IDEA AS TO WHERE IT IS YOUR STUPID A- ...sorry, I'll stop yelling. But you need to know where you are, a general sense of direction. The "A" - "E" objective system on the HUD is brilliant. Always letting you know generally which way to go, who commands the objective, and how far it is [if you're looking toward it]. This is also how Squad leaders function in giving commands such as "attack this objective". Try doing that with out the HUD. Sheesh.

And as long as we're on the subject, the topography of the map isn't perfect, but all you need to know is that shaded blue is somewhere where the terrain changes in a significant manner. How do you expect to signify wall vs rock? I think the map is quite fair in it's purpose.

and oy vay with the whining....Box's that move are CLEARLY people. If they blink, that means they want whatever is blinking. If it's a circle, that means there's a pack of it there. Simple. Holy crap.

14)

Green is squad, blue is team, red is enemy. I've never encountered "yellow/green" or "pale orange". Something is obviously wrong with this kids screen/monitor

15)

You died, you get the kill-cam, esque treatment. There are penalties for dying. That's how the game is played lol. Also, this prevents instant-squad spawn backs. Cause heaven forbid we give you another thing to whine about.

16)

Now I think this kid's TV is really jank, cause I've never in my life had this issue. Granted I play on a 40 inch HD flat screen. I'm thinking this kid just needs glasses.

17)

yeah I don't know why the music is depressing when you win, and celebratory when you lose lol

18)

I enjoy the K/D menu, though an exit function would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't feel like there's really enough time between rounds to really mod out your guns though....

19)

rofl, in my day we waited up to 5 minutes for a level to load. And we were playing on a Playstation 1, with no internet connection haha. Half a minute to load an intense map like Battlefield offers is a godsend. I demand this kid tries to play ANY retro game. Preferably Half-Life.

20)

Those 30 seconds are given to you to choose a spawn point, discuss strategy and mod your classes/guns. WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING WHEN THE GAME IS GIVING YOU WHAT YOU WANTED 2 PANELS AGO

21)

I was annoyed by the hand waving at first, but then I realized it's because I was dying too often. I die less than 8 times/round on a bad day unless I'm goofing around with vehicles now. It doesn't really bother me anymore lol.

"EXTRA"

it's called "Assault" because it's an assault class, not a medic class. You can swap out the medpacs for grenade launchers if you truly wish. It's an assault because their weapons are the most versatile, they have the strongest 'push' factor, and they can hold lines. You can play medical assistant, sure, but that's all part of the push. You try taking the Ticket Hall as the US in Metro without a few med-pacs lying around. Go ahead. Try it. I've seen some people use the M320 very well in that situation, but that's just further proof that the 'push' class is called ASSAULT for a reason. Certainly can't assault an objective with a squad of engineers [results in a strong push for a few seconds, then it's just a blood bath from my experience]

This took about 20 minutes to create. Feel free to debate anything I've said :P

Have a picture of a few games that I did really well on, hopefully you all don't mind me bragging a little.

[hide=]

One of two good games with tanks I'll be posting.

e1dcee.png

First full game with the DAO-12 with frag rounds. Only time I use this gun is on Grand Bizzar. I use extended mage and a IR scope on it. Very deadly at medium range if used correctly.

105qkqr.png

Best game ever with a tank.

Noshar Canals with a T-90 is amazing. Started out the game going to the container area and shot a small patrol boat with the tank. I destroyed the 2 other AAV-7A1 AMTRAC's and then dealt with the choppers. For the most part they left us alone, but eventually the started tageting me. my gunner had the lCITV Station, so I was able to target choopers with my guided missles. But this wasn't enough. Chopper came in low to attack B, I shot it down with my main cannon. Never felt so happy in my life playing BF3. Sad? Maybe but worth it :thumbup:

2ik89yg.png[/hide]

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

clip 2 (24 secs in) the guy spawns on top of heli and gets thrown off, miles away. anyone think this would be usefull at the start of the round if its easy to aim where you wana go. you could get to mcoms/flags so fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInXepAlmoQ

hahaha that was pretty funny [the rest of the video that is]. 0:24 has happened to me a couple times, but if you hit anything solid, you die upon impact so there's no real advantage to be taken. Someone was talking about it a couple pages ago where if you prone on top of a tank, you can be shot off like a cannon, but again...not very useful.

Finally getting back into the groove. Got to rank 32, and got my first service star for support. Now working on recon, with no sinper rife use. I am the WORSE sniper ever. I prefer CQB, and that is what Im best at. I might use the M98B once I get it, but as of now guns I am using is the PDW-R and the DAO-12 for recon.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I seem to have lost all skill piloting HAVOCs :(

But I love the F-35. I hate the way it stalls, but the tracers are so much more accurate than the standard Jet

I wish they would implement a weapons stats page, like they had in BFBC2. Would be great to know how many kills I've had with each gun, instead of having to guesstimate via unlocks.

Also, has anyone even gotten a suppression ribbon, let alone a medal or the dogtags?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Get an EA/Origin account so you can check your stats on battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/.

Also, I've gotten the suppression ribbon twice, but it's pretty hard to get. Especially considering you have to miss your shots to get it which seems kinda backwards.

I wish they would implement a weapons stats page, like they had in BFBC2. Would be great to know how many kills I've had with each gun, instead of having to guesstimate via unlocks.

Battle log is a really great site to use, just like Over just said.

My stats

Battle Log Site.

Also, has anyone even gotten a suppression ribbon, let alone a medal or the dogtags?

And no. I think one game I remember counting like 5 cause I wanted to get the MG36 so I actually tried to get suppression assist.

EDIT:

THIS is amazing. I really wish I could hook up with someone and try this. I am slowly getting better with jets so who knows...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w307eRTStgs&list=LLra3IzmLXxDT3bR5Edt7X-w&index=1&feature=plpp_video

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

I've gotten every ribbon at least once. I'd say Suppression and Stationary are the hardest to get, followed by melee

And you can look up your individual gun stats on battle log, as was mentioned, but worth retelling.

My epic stats: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Brand_New_iPwn/stats/355806237/ps3/