Jagex's recovery system sucks BALLS

kickler123

I'm so mad at Jagex right now. I just lost ANOTHER account to a scammer. I have no clue how this keeps happening. So I had a registered e-mail, recovery questions and everything but everytime I get the results DENIED. This has happened to me EVERY time with EVERY account that ever has been stolen from me. I provide all correct, accurate info and DENIED. I lost my 65, 94, and now my 114. You can't even contact them to explain because they're so doggone lazy.

I'm so mad at Jagex right now. I just lost ANOTHER account to a scammer. I have no clue how this keeps happening. So I had a registered e-mail, recovery questions and everything but everytime I get the results DENIED. This has happened to me EVERY time with EVERY account that ever has been stolen from me. I provide all correct, accurate info and DENIED. I lost my 65, 94, and now my 114.

Certainly, Jagex's customer support team leaves much to be desired at times, but I don't believe that's the main problem here. The claim that you've lost three prior accounts to scammers is concerning; that should never happen, to be honest. You might want to look into updating your security, rather than relying on Jagex to recover your accounts after the fact. :mellow:

You can't even contact them to explain because they're so doggone lazy.

It's not so much that they're "lazy"; they simply haven't dedicated the necessary resources to maintain such support. The ability to contact them directly was removed awhile ago, seeing as how they were unable to keep abreast of the slew of emails I'm sure they received everyday (much of it spam, undoubtably). I would like to see Jagex reinstate direct contact with the playerbase, but I'm not sure how feasible this might be; it would certainly be expensive.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I think you should check your security system before complaining, people don't just go around guessing your passwords, you've obviously done something to let them do it like dowloading a keylogger.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Signature_Lady_Gaga_3_by_Sed_rah.jpg

appmanagercrown.pngTKO Blitz Member | bluepd5.gifEx-Tempted Killers Council

Ye, Jagex's "customer no-service" department is disgusting. But you lost 3 accounts. That means *you* are probably doing something wrong,

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Just a general comment....

Unfortunately, no one gets anything in this life for free. If it looks too good to be true, it is!

I have seen far too many trusting people hand over accounts to someone who befriends them and then offers to "train the account for them"..... Hello! Apart from the fact that it's against the rules, who but your mother who's paying your memebership would put in hours to train your account for no benefit to themselves?! A new "friend" is usually a scammer..... And even real-life friends can be greedy people who turn on you.

I think Jagex just thought that after 3 times you'd be safer not having an account at all.

Hahaha^

For the record, my account has been recovered swiftly and easily everytime I've been hacked. Either you don't know your recovery questions, you typed them in wrong, or they hate you. In either case, your virus protection sucks. Good luck when you lose a higher leveled account.

I think Jagex just thought that after 3 times you'd be safer not having an account at all.

Hahaha^

For the record, my account has been recovered swiftly and easily everytime I've been hacked. Either you don't know your recovery questions, you typed them in wrong, or they hate you. In either case, your virus protection sucks. Good luck when you lose a higher leveled account.

Repartition your harddrive and install ubuntu, everytime you want to play runescape just boot to ubuntu.

Its next to imposable to install a keylogger by accident on a linux system. You dont have to worry about viruses either.

Fools_Taco.png

8 years with accounts on the game and I never got hacked. A friend of mine that I know shared his account did, and I had to help him to recover it all. He got lucky a couple of times..

But it´s been said - must be a problem on your end.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I dunno, the fact that you've lost THREE accounts probably means it;s your fault.

Admit it, your password is something along the lines of "abc". If not, then stop downloading illegal stuff.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

Though I personally have not been hacked - on any game - as it's been said, the fact that you have lost three accounts says something about your security or something else you're doing. Don't trust other people with your accounts and scan your computer frequently.

Regardless, I'm sorry, that's awful. D: Good luck if you make another account, or if you're going to keep trying to get your old one back. And be careful.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

How much did you pay for that account?

And never post in the Rants section anymore man. Every OP will get trashed.(see previous 15 replies)

And never post in the Rants section anymore man. Every OP will get trashed.(see previous 15 replies)

You know, Langer's been here since 2004, and those of us who've been here a long time have an odd sense when something really doesn't sound right, like when my suspicions that Blood_Argon was a real world trader were bashed as slander, but were ultimately true. I thought I smelled something off as well, so SUPER SLEUTH MODE ACTIVATE!

Kickler, you've got some splaining to do.

kickler.png

blazefire.png

blazefire2.png

emot-frog.gif

Looks like the OP...

emot-frogc00l.gif

Likes to trade accounts.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Extra lulz if you noticed in the first image, Kicler123 is noted January 08 with the account sale, then underneath he talks about how his account was stolen in June 08.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

^ omfg rofl.

You're right though Omali, I think I can say I've been here for a while, I can as well tell when something smells fishy. P-u.

Omali, have you ever considered the person who hacked that account, made an account on all those filthy awful websites, and is trying to frame poor old Kickler123?

:XD:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

You know, Langer's been here since 2004, and those of us who've been here a long time have an odd sense when something really doesn't sound right, like when my suspicions that Blood_Argon was a real world trader were bashed as slander, but were ultimately true. I thought I smelled something off as well, so SUPER SLEUTH MODE ACTIVATE!

kickler.png

blazefire.png

blazefire2.png

emot-frog.gif

Looks like the OP...

emot-frogc00l.gif

Likes to trade accounts.

Extra lulz if you noticed in the first image, Kicler123 is noted January 08 with the account sale, then underneath he talks about how his account was stolen in June 08.

looooooool u got exposed lmao you sure do got alot to explain!

d6c4baddbe.png

Maybe he was spying for rule breakers to help Jagex. props to you Kickler.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

kickler.png

blazefire.png

blazefire2.png

emot-frog.gif

Looks like the OP...

emot-frogc00l.gif

Likes to trade accounts.

You win.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

AHAHAHAHAH.

thats actually immense

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

• 10 months later...

Wow how long'd you have to trawl google for that? :o

On the upside the only time i was ever hacked, i got it back, but the password was changed multiple times while hacked and i simply couldnt remember enough of the other info to win it outright.

the appeal system is a very good one, even though i lost my 96 :/

Ye, Jagex's "customer no-service" department is disgusting. But you lost 3 accounts. That means *you* are probably doing something wrong,

Actually be carefull what you say here: I "lost" an account temporary too in the past. - Yet even after letting several professionals look at my laptop no one ever found a keylogger or other malware. And I never open the account anywhere else (why should I, I have my laptop always with me).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing at internet cafés might compromise ones account as well.

Employee's play computer games as well you know ;)

Great job at digging that up, I had a laugh.

Uhm not if I use my own laptop..

Everyone can always reads everyones else's sent data (or at least you might be able to read it).. That's the way internet works (you just shout out big and sent your message everywhere, in the hopes the message also reaches the specific server you try to reach).

If you don't want others to read your message you'll have to use an encryption method. (And it's just stupid to sent any sensitive data without any form of encryption). But even using a public method such as SSL (3.0+) makes your data unreadable for any outstanders, and even supercomputers would take months to decipher it. - It makes no sense if jagex wouldn't sent it's password + username combination when logging in protected by ssl.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.