03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

Well, this topic has got rather out of hand since last night. No point in clearing flame which is now out of the way, but any more flame between users here will not be tolerated, this is your one and only warning.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hard for them to make decimals like 25.6 and keep 99 health instead? <_<

For all we know it actually may be. The engine may not be able to create decimals in the damage system which will show for the players, hence why for all this time they have been rounded down.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

For all we know it actually may be. The engine may not be able to create decimals in the damage system which will show for the players, hence why for all this time they have been rounded down.

Yeah, that's what first came up in my mind, but I'm sure they've done harder things like going from classic to this, and completely changing engines. To me, it seems lazy on their part, as if they just didn't want to spend time doing this. Sort of like the blog for the audio team how they mention they don't want to do updates that take longer than a day. They should know people would prefer that, so in my eyes, it seems lazy.

Yeah, that's what first came up in my mind, but I'm sure they've done harder things like going from classic to this, and completely changing engines. To me, it seems lazy on their part, as if they just didn't want to spend time doing this. Sort of like the blog for the audio team how they mention they don't want to do updates that take longer than a day. They should know people would prefer that, so in my eyes, it seems lazy.

For me, personally, numbers with decimals look messy, unlike numbers such as 100 or 547. EDIT: Aside from that, 100 is shorter than 10.0.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Indeed, decimals would have lead to just as much confusion as the current system. However it would have stopped the need for all damage being x10 of what it was originally. But I think the main reason to do this was to differentiate between constitution and HP.

zqXeV.jpg

i dont mind this update much the only thing i hate is how triple digit hits looks like cabbage in the hit box. i dont remember them being this ugly before the update (then again i didnt see many 100+ hits before the update)

The changes were neccessary and needed, if you don't like change why don't you go back to runescape classic? And debates is encouraged, just you still haven't provided any evidence other than that change is bad as to why it was a bad update.

Give me an example of why it was needed. Don't give me bull**** like Oh because we hit too many zeros. well stfu, because i've seen plenty of zeros in duel arena.

I think Jagex should be focusing on how to destroy threats like merchant clans, inflation, and spammers in W2. Those are the changes we need. It would certainly help If Jagex would make updates for the better. Not make it worse for some of us, and better for some of us.

We have been telling you, it was needed because the smallest ammount of damage that a new player could recieve was equal to 10% of his HP. The second smallest was 20% of his HP. When you go and fight something, does it hit you for constant 10s and 20s? No. The old system didn't demonstrate how the game works to new players. It gave them an inaccurate feel for the game.

Also, tell me EXACTLY how it is "unoriginal" to have 990 health instead of 99? I do not know of any other MMORPGS that have a cap of ~1k health. Runescape is still just as unique, the number just looks different.

Also the idea ISNT that we will hit less zeros. We will be hitting the exact same numbers, multiplied by 10. We will be getting hit WITH the same numbers, multiplied by 10. New players, on the other hand, will be getting hit for numbers smaller than possible before, which should hopefully lead to less deaths and give them a better enjoyment of the game.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Tip.it: Come for the diccussions, Stay for the Flame-wars. :rolleyes:

In any event, I thought this was a good update. Gonna take awhile to get used to though...

And instead of HP, whatta we say now? Const ? LP?

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Apparently Jagex forgot to update familiars and they are getting 2 hit by NPCs.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Tip.it: Come for the diccussions, Stay for the Flame-wars. :rolleyes:

In any event, I thought this was a good update. Gonna take awhile to get used to though...

And instead of HP, whatta we say now? Const ? LP?

I will forever say "HP." If newbs don't know what I'm talking about, so much the better.

punitivedsig.png

some of us may like originality, some of us don't. clearly, you like games that are not original and (like you said) RPGs with high numbers like we have today. but i happen to like

originality since I personally think that Runescape should of stayed the way it was and not have those uber high digit numbers like most RPGs.

What happens when we have two parties that are not agreeing with each other? A debate.

Debates should be encouraged, not discouraged like this thread. I was posting my opinion on behalf of the debate but most of you guys failed to play your parts and instead, bluntly flame at me.

As if having 99 hitpoints made RuneScape original.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

System Update...

This is to fix a few issues that have occurred and there are a few changes as well...

Game Engine:

- Fixed a problem when trying to log into a full world.

- Logging back into a world you were previously on should log you back into the same one from the lobby.

- Streamlined the login and out messages between the lobby and game.

- You should now always return to the lobby if you leave the game rather than logout.

- The lobby logout period has been fixed.

Content:

- You can now use tab and shift-tab to switch between lobby tabs.

- Adjusted the friends and clanchat interfaces in the lobby to display 1 or 2 more lines.

- Live worlds will have the correct flags again.

- Dangerous worlds will not be suggested when logging in.

- Ice burst has been fixed as Mod Vicki mentioned.

Thanks,

Mod Nexus.

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Apparently Jagex forgot to update familiars and they are getting 2 hit by NPCs.

Probably just some of them were overlooked. My wolpertinger actually lasted LONGER immediately following the update. Usually I burn through 3 pouches in one trip due to wolper getting killed, after update my second one was still alive at the end of my supplies, and I managed 185 crimsons, which is way more than I usually get (around 170 usually).

I'm wondering why they bothered about changing the value of the player's current health to 'Life Points'? Almost all games refer to it as Hit Points, or HP. I'll still call it that.

Oh, and can anybody else log in right now? It just keeps saying that Runescape has been updated, even if I reload the page. EDIT: Never mind, I'm in now.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'm wondering why they bothered about changing the value of the player's current health to 'Life Points'? Almost all games refer to it as Hit Points, or HP. I'll still call it that.

Oh, and can anybody else log in right now? It just keeps saying that Runescape has been updated, even if I reload the page. EDIT: Never mind, I'm in now.

That also confused me. That is one thing that is un-needed from the update. They are still hit points, so why confuse people and change the name to life points.

zqXeV.jpg

That also confused me. That is one thing that is un-needed from the update. They are still hit points, so why confuse people and change the name to life points.

Actually, there's one other thing. I don't want members advertised to me when I log in, especially when I'm already a member. At the very least, could they stop it appearing after the first try using a cookie if I last logged in to a members account?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I quite like the update, although it will take a long while to get used to. (I did a double take when a guard hit me for 20 while pickpocketing!)

Shattered heart seems like an intresting way to gain bonus exp, and I can't wait to see what the full reward will turn out to be.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

I have a question about the undate. With having your hits 10x and your hp 10x how does the exprience work now?? is it 1/10 the exp you hit?

Divide what you hit by 10 and you're back to what you'd normally hit then just multiply it by 4 like it used to be. It's not that big of a change..... Or you could do whatever you hit x.4 if you like decimals for no reason.

Uhh.. Aren't we supposed to have a secure connection when logging into the game? (https instead of http in the adress bar and so on)

That only applies to HTTP requests. Encryption is enabled in the RuneScape Java applet itself so you are protected whether it's https or not.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.