Last Minute XP Weekend Preparations

TheAncient

-- How much have you spent on supplies?

Nothing, none needed.

-- Where do you plan on training? CW will be very full.

Ape atoll agility course on my low level account.

-- How will you arrange your bank?

No arrangement needed.

-- Have you bought everything you need?

No equipment needed.

-- Which day will you start training?

Friday, probably when I wake up. Then I'll keep training agility throughout the weekend. hoping for 82+ Agility.

Zerker_jane.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how many charms you get per hour with:

-- Kyatt

-- Tortoise using the Ogre Obelisk (to exchange pouches back to shards) + House Tele @ Yanille

^ I tested the Tortoise... I got about 1 trip per 65 seconds. That's roughly 2300 Charms/hr.

Kyatt works out at 3k an hour, if you are quick. Although with the amount of people using the CW bank it will probably me diminshed with the thousands of Kyatts in the place..

Teleport to MA then

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

-- Kyatt

-- Tortoise using the Ogre Obelisk (to exchange pouches back to shards) + House Tele @ Yanille

^ I tested the Tortoise... I got about 1 trip per 65 seconds. That's roughly 2300 Charms/hr.

Kyatt works out at 3k an hour, if you are quick. Although with the amount of people using the CW bank it will probably me diminshed with the thousands of Kyatts in the place..

Well I'm going to bed early tonight so I can get up at 4 am PST. Should be done in a few hours, before my day really even starts. Doubt there will be too many people on at that time. A lot of people from the GMT timezone obviously, but not so many from the States.

I dunno, somewhere around 10m...

Gonna tank through CW until I'm done with summon training, then go somewhere like lummy basement or duel arena for herby, then go off to either rc or ape atoll.

Summ stuff in one tab, herb stuff in another. Like it already is.

Pretty much, although I should get a few more bird nests....

Dunno.

-- How will you avoid crowds?

I won't.

a70c7.png

-- Kyatt

Well I'm going to bed early tonight so I can get up at 4 am PST. Should be done in a few hours, before my day really even starts. Doubt there will be too many people on at that time. A lot of people from the GMT timezone obviously, but not so many from the States.

This is the kind of thing I'm worried about :? :roll:

There are going to be so many people with your mentality about it....... I always used to wonder how people died from these games like you hear about occasionally...... And it seems that something like this is one of the reasons.

I'm on GMT obviously, and so will hope and pray that CW is empty tomorrow morning. Will probably have to get up at 11 to make sure I'm ready on RS, then I'll pop on some music and just keep an eye on RSOF to see it explode with rants about how full everywhere is, and as soon as it's 12:01 I'll log in and begin summoning as I'll log out with an invo of granite lobs ready to be made.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

There are going to be so many people with your mentality about it....... I always used to wonder how people died from these games like you hear about occasionally...... And it seems that something like this is one of the reasons.

I'm on GMT obviously, and so will hope and pray that CW is empty tomorrow morning. Will probably have to get up at 11 to make sure I'm ready on RS, then I'll pop on some music and just keep an eye on RSOF to see it explode with rants about how full everywhere is, and as soon as it's 12:01 I'll log in and begin summoning as I'll log out with an invo of granite lobs ready to be made.

You get up at... 11? Wow I've only done that like... once. I usually get up around 6-ish. My parents ALWAYS go to bed at 9 and get up at 4 to go to the gym before they have to head off to work at 7. They sometimes wake me up anyway.

I don't really see why you're worried :-? . They engineered this to where after 10 hours of IN-GAME time across the 4 days your multiplier will only be 1.1 or just barely better than normal. That's about 2-3 hours of time per day. Seems perfectly reasonable to me...

I'd be worried if they offered 2x exp across all 4 days. Then you'd probably get your obsessive players spending 96 hours on RS.

You get up at... 11? Wow I've only done that like... once. I usually get up around 6-ish. My parents ALWAYS go to bed at 9 and get up at 4 to go to the gym before they have to head off to work at 7. They sometimes wake me up anyway.

I don't really see why you're worried :-? . They engineered this to where after 10 hours of IN-GAME time across the 4 days your multiplier will only be 1.1 or just barely better than normal. That's about 2-3 hours of time per day. Seems perfectly reasonable to me...

I'd be worried if they offered 2x exp across all 4 days. Then you'd probably get your obsessive players spending 96 hours on RS.

D: D: woah...... I normally get up at like 11..... I'm a uni student, it's good that I'm awake any time of day before 12 and bloodangel can vouch for that too I'm guessing. Though some days I do have 9am lectures. However it doesn't help that I usually stay up till like 2-3am playing on halo with my gfs brother :-s

Anyways the way I meant it was, I'm wondering how many americans will actually be there tonight going "ah mai gawd, ah mai gawd!!!! EXPZ!!!! Need 2 stai awakeeee so iz can getz mai monez bak asap"........ Because I dare say a tonne of people will just to be there in the first hour of this going live. However some will be more reserved and will probably stay asleep and do it when they wake up/after school etc.

And ikurai, I'd say in about 16 hours or so. It's 20:54 here in UK. So.... 15-16 hours

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

If I'm going to be doing Herblore and Summoning, which one should I do first with the better multiplier?

Herblore is more expensive if you are training both sensibly, so I personally will do that first. However, summoning is MUCH faster to train...so I would say that it depends on what levels you are trying to reach.

I do not see what the worry about the start time is really...I seriously doubt that *most* players will even be on enough to run down the multiplier to 1.1, so it really does not matter when you start, seeing as you only need at most 10 out of 72 hours to get the 1.2+ multiplier.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

If I'm going to be doing Herblore and Summoning, which one should I do first with the better multiplier?

Herblore is more expensive if you are training both sensibly, so I personally will do that first. However, summoning is MUCH faster to train...so I would say that it depends on what levels you are trying to reach.

I do not see what the worry about the start time is really...I seriously doubt that *most* players will even be on enough to run down the multiplier to 1.1, so it really does not matter when you start, seeing as you only need at most 10 out of 72 hours to get the 1.2+ multiplier.

There will be tons of people playing 30+ hours this weekend I bet, although it is sad it is true. Summoning would be a better choice to go first aswell since herblore will only save you money really, but summoning will save you a TON of time and a bit of cash aswell.

I just clocked Kyatt at 2400 pouches an hour, using MA bank + 25 empty slots.

I think Kyatt and Tortoise will be comparable.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

How does the tortoise method work? What is the route that you have to take?

The basic path is Yanille house portal to Gutanoth obelisk.

Set house to Yanille

In game settings change your house teleport to outside the house (default is inside)

Run to Gutanoth Obelisk

Craft all pouches

Trade pouches for shards

Withdraw BoB

Craft all pouches

Bank

Repeat

The advantage of this is that you can use all 18 slots of your tortoise, as you've cleared your inventory by exchanging the pouches with shards.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Set house to Yanille

In game settings change your house teleport to outside the house (default is inside)

Run to Gutanoth Obelisk

Craft all pouches

Trade pouches for shards

Withdraw BoB

Craft all pouches

Bank

Repeat

The advantage of this is that you can use all 18 slots of your tortoise, as you've cleared your inventory by exchanging the pouches with shards.

If you use this method would it be better to keep things compacted? Like keep baskets of bananas instead of taking them all out.

Carpe_Deus.png

qkpY.png

If you use this method would it be better to keep things compacted? Like keep baskets of bananas instead of taking them all out.

That's actually a really good idea. But I wouldn't fill my entire inventory with baskets. I'd do like 8? idk you'd have to test it out.

Exchanging shards, withdrawing BoB, and making new pouches seems to take 10 seconds.

Set house to Yanille

Run to Gutanoth Obelisk

Craft all pouches

Trade pouches for shards

Withdraw BoB

Craft all pouches

Bank

Repeat

Just clocked Torts again. It's definitely slower than I expected, around 75s per trip. That's about 2000 pouches an hour.

It's still the 2nd best method, if you forgot to buy kyatt pouches.

I'm sure that with Yaks, it's better than Kyatt.

sigcopyaf.png

Ok so..... I'm not taking pictures but I'm putting up the values of people with 85+ herblore and 88+ summoning here now, and someone else is more than welcome to do them tomorrow, saturday, sunday and monday, however if no one else does them I'll put them up most probably.

Anyways:

As of 00:25-00:35 GMT there are (Yes it took me that long to trawl through the high scores >.<) - 21,924 people with 85 herblore and up and 24,787 people with 88 summoning and up.

Actually bugger doing it tomorrow, saturday and sunday xD I'll probably do it monday though.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Just sold alot of items max price (woot profit), let the crashing of pots/pouches/bolts begin!!!!

I define Irony by Jagex wanting to deal with merchant clans yet they fuel the flames by this event, not only that but it's left players not being able to buy anything because it's allllllllll bought out, so that's my criticism over.. anyway have fun folks

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

About 150M

A certain one-click bank for herblore and MA-Kyatt for summoning.

Got supplies for both skills placed in 1 tab very conveniently.

Yes and also pre-made extreme pots etc.

Probably friday if I have nothing better to do.

-- How will you avoid crowds?

MA bank or glory to edge if it gets too crowded at CW while doing summoning, other than that I just pick good worlds.

EDIT: Although I am taking part in this madness, I completely agree with you, Smellysocks. Jagex intend good with every update, but all the updates ever do is backfire at them and their fruitless efforts of fixing the economy. Perhaps it is time that they employ some experienced players to provide economical expertise to them? Shouldn't have banned Duke Freedom afterall, eh?

Everyone has been doing this...guess I should jump in on it.

[hide=Xp weekend] j7wcbt.png[/hide]

I really didnt even care about this xp weekend. I was just going to do barrows, but Ive wanted to get 99 cooking out of the way...this is a start I guess...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Few things:

1: I have no clue what I'm doing yet. It's definitely related to the Magic skill. Circus first, 40-50k please.

2: Anyone using Kyatts... Rings of dueling have 8 charges, are cheaper, and teleport to Mobilizing Armies.

Speaking of which, can anyone tell me a good way that doesn't require Dream Mentor to boost Magic? Preferably not alching...

Paragon.png