Why Runescape needs instanced bosses.

Lugia_Lvl138

Probably but panic crashes hardly last a long time. It would be nice if they made the older bosses worth killing again though. I really wish they would make the chaos elemental drop something to make it worth killing, it's actually not that easy of a boss to camp.

I killed it w/o using any food while attacking it with a meat tenderizer, it's pretty easy lol

I know it's easy I said it's not very easy to camp because of the location it's in. If you get attacked by revs there goes half your food.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... you want instanced GWD Bosses?

Sorry if I'm wrong, but that means to have a boss room all to yourself and no one else could get in?

What will happen to TET Boss Months :unsure:

I'm assuming by 'instanced', it's not just a single instance per person, rather you could have a single instance for a group - perhaps have the same instance for all the players who are in the same clan with a particular rank? Something like that would be necessary to allow groups to share the same instance but impose limitations on the so-called 'crashers'.

I'm not certain, in the past in my annoyance at crashers I have ranted to friends about how Runescape should have instanced bosses, it would certainly be a relief to not worry about crashers - as well as the rising number of boss hunters and higher levels, this could become more of a problem.

I've always assumed Jagex have just had the competitive approach - "if you can't win in a fight for it - level higher!" kind of thing...Not really going to apply much when you can't level higher though, right? ;)

I've given up with bandos now. Its literally a waste of time unless your maxed combat with overloads and equipment that adds up to a few 100m.

I thought of an okish way to fix it but theres probably holes in my idea.

You pay a monster tamer to fight certain bosses that he's slightly tamed to follow his commands. This will help reduce inflation, and allow you and who you choose to fight a monster.

They could make an arena for it, much like duel arena, but for fighting monsters, and you have to pay.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

I've given up with bandos now. Its literally a waste of time unless your maxed combat with overloads and equipment that adds up to a few 100m.

You pay a monster tamer to fight certain bosses that he's slightly tamed to follow his commands. This will help reduce inflation, and allow you and who you choose to fight a monster.

They could make an arena for it, much like duel arena, but for fighting monsters, and you have to pay.

player owned houses?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Another possible option is the rework of Runescape Worlds.

What I mean by that is, we would no longer have separate F2P and P2P worlds.

Make a "F2P" area with border guards just how the "starter area" is currently set up, and allow anyone to go on any world (except skill worlds and Designated F2P & P2P PvP/BH). There are alot of PRO's and CON's about this update, but doing this would essentially double the amount of bosses P2P could kill, while increasing the number of worlds available to everyone. Double the rune ore spawns, double the magic tree spawns, double the hunting spawns, ect..

The only major downfall is Members would have to compete with F2P in the F2P areas and vice versa, but then again there isn't that much to compete with as members have plenty of areas otherwise.

On one hand it would be good for P2P, but I can also see how F2P might feel overwhelmed when their beloved training spot is over-run by players with Godswords and Full Bandos. But then again more of a reason for players to upgrade to members, which is kinda what Jagex would want.

I love you Ampharaos!!! This is pure genious!!!

I tried to go dking yesterday... there were teams of 137s and 138s in EVERY ls world...

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

I like the idea of the monster tamer. Maybe add a room to your poh that is a big arena underground that you can build different lairs. Such as daggonth kings god wars ect.. You would have to pay like 100m for a lair then a charge each time you use it maybe?

Low_C.png

Make a "F2P" area with border guards just how the "starter area" is currently set up, and allow anyone to go on any world (except skill worlds and Designated F2P & P2P PvP/BH). There are alot of PRO's and CON's about this update, but doing this would essentially double the amount of bosses P2P could kill, while increasing the number of worlds available to everyone. Double the rune ore spawns, double the magic tree spawns, double the hunting spawns, ect..

The only major downfall is Members would have to compete with F2P in the F2P areas and vice versa, but then again there isn't that much to compete with as members have plenty of areas otherwise.

On one hand it would be good for P2P, but I can also see how F2P might feel overwhelmed when their beloved training spot is over-run by players with Godswords and Full Bandos. But then again more of a reason for players to upgrade to members, which is kinda what Jagex would want.

Don't know why jagex didn't just do this from the start. It sounds much better then how they have it set up atm. The p2p spots in f2p worlds are still there this probably wouldn't be that hard of an update for them to do.

100% support. I'd like to actually go GW with my clan, but it's almost impossible to find a world. This is also why I like TD's (even though I don't like my stats for solo'ing them)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Don't know why jagex didn't just do this from the start. It sounds much better then how they have it set up atm. The p2p spots in f2p worlds are still there this probably wouldn't be that hard of an update for them to do.

Because F2P is a completely different game than P2P, and mixing the two games would ruin the idea of Runescape. When I play a free game, I like the thought of it being completly free with nothing in game bugging me about how I should go buy the Members game.

That concept could be great for others games, such as Stellar Dawn, but Runescape is known as the most popular and successful Free MMORPG. And perhaps could even be considered the most successful free game of all time.

Stellactic.gif

corporeal beast in non-ls worlds is always open, theres never a person in them so if u like soloing u never have to worry about crashers at corp

I wish the same could be said for Bandos. :(

hopesolopatriot.jpg

corporeal beast in non-ls worlds is always open, theres never a person in them so if u like soloing u never have to worry about crashers at corp

I wish the same could be said for Bandos. :(

This.

Took 30 minutes, and at least every world checked once to solo this morning. Even as 133 w/ extremes and claws I can hardly find a world.

Quagsire.png

player owned houses?

You don't get drops or exp?

And the highest monster is a steel dragon , hardly a boss.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

All we need is new bosses imo, but the new bosses have to bring in new equipment that isn't a weapon (so that GWD still holds value)

We bring in a boss that drops 4 difference kinds of boots, a boss that drops 4 different kinds of helms, a boss that drops some interesting rings and amulets. Make them between GWD and Corp Beast difficulty and now each boss requires a team of 5-6 to effectively kill and it lessens the crowd at GWD.

This is a band aid fix though, since there are always going to be more people getting the stats for MH.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

ive recently been tryin jad and its very intresting cuz its just you, and you get the best cape in the game and its untradable. Runescape should have alot more items like that for high lvl players.

Im P2P

uruksn9.jpg

98% of rs players have attempted a scam. If your one of the 2% who havent, copy this into your sig..

This would destroy "clan" PKing. All clan PKing takes place in F2P, because there is much more actual tactics involved in fights than in p2p, where everything is so overpowered.

td2sig.jpg

This would destroy "clan" PKing. All clan PKing takes place in F2P, because there is much more actual tactics involved in fights than in p2p, where everything is so overpowered.

So don't merge f2p and p2p pvp worlds it's not like anyone goes to a boss in those worlds anyway.

ive recently been tryin jad and its very intresting cuz its just you, and you get the best cape in the game and its untradable. Runescape should have alot more items like that for high lvl players.

This is what I have wanted for years!

Uhm jad is already years old lol!

On topic: well this wouldn't make runescape runescape anymore: It would be just the same as a single-player RPG in which you can invite people to do a "lan-type" boss run... Basically something like diablo is/will be..

Runescape is a pure MMO game: and by creating untreadable stuff, you only can get in a "instanced" (non-multi if one desires) area just makes it a single player game?

Maybe if you don't like crowds you should try single player RPGs instead?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This is what I have wanted for years!

That would raise a lot of new questions. Should the best equips in the game only come from bosses like Jad? Or just make them a challenge to get, like RFD gloves. If there are new bosses, then how to make them unique? I remember hearing a discussion that Jagex is not likley to release a boss if it doesn't have something unique about it. How much more powerful would they be than other equips? Should it be allowed to keep different multiple pieces? Should we be able to hybrid with them? What would happen to inferior equips? Should every spot have it's own representative? Do we actually need any more defence, or any more strength without making the game easier than it already is? You need to be careful implementing, as a new item could crash old ones. Should only combat get these upgrades?

Also, the onyx ring from mobilizing armies is the best ring, similar to the two best capes, fire cape and SW cape. The best helmet is also somewhat hard to get, The full slayer helm.

I do think that we need something to solve the boss overcrowding problem, but instancing is probably not the way to go about it because of the price crash it would cause. Instead, make some new bosses that drop some new, useful stuff. The only reason DKs are still killed is because the rings and axes are unique and useful - make more bosses like that.

I.E.:

One boss that drop D Warhammer

One that drops D Crossbow

One that drops varying types of Barrows-like boots

One that drops crystal equipment enhancers

One that drops a new maging amulet

One that drops a new meleeing amulet

One that drops a new ranging amulet

One that drops "weak sigils" - ones like the Corp drops, except not as effective

A few that drop pieces of damage-reducing armor

There are plenty of ideas out there that could be implemented for new bosses... so instancing wouldn't really be needed.

a70c7.png