Why Runescape needs instanced bosses.

Lugia_Lvl138

An instanced boss would be where each person or team has their own boss room. I'm well aware that drops would be devalued significantly if that were to happen, but in my opinion we have a bigger problem at hand.

At the time of this post there are:

11284 with 96+ Summoning

31882 with 88+ Summoning

20887 with 95+ Prayer

6825 with 95+ Herblore

And there are 32 members Lootshare worlds. If a 3 man team were at all 4 GWD bosses on all 32 worlds, that would be 384 people. That's 5.6% of the people who can reliably make Overloads, 3.4% of the people who can summon Yaks, and 1.8% of the people who have the level for Turmoil. And that's just the best of the best, those kinds of levels are by no means required for GWD, so the actual percentages are even lower. Plus, the number of people who have the above mentioned levels will continue to grow. Adding more Lootshare worlds will NOT solve this problem as it has already grown to incredible proportions.

I have maxed combat stats and a bank worth about 2.5 Billion so I could easily join in on this big crash fest if I wanted to. However, I do not like to play like that and neither do many people. And there are many people without maxed stats and maxed gear who want to do things like GWD, but are crashed out by people with my kind of stats. I would honestly rather see Godswords drop to 10m each than to continue with the status quo. Runescape has come a very long way since the days when it was rare to see anyone over level 110 or so, it's time the boss rooms catch up to that fact.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TrixStar

Completely agree. Runescape needs a lot of things this is near the top of the list. Along with untradable weapons and armour for max players

I agree. Although I dont go to GWD one of my friends does and when I look over his shoulder he is almost constantly either crashing or being crashed(quite funny , he doesnt have overload or turmoil , not even x-pots and him and this other guy managed to crash a sixer team)

Apple means Vitamins

Vitamins means Health

Health means Money

Money means Power

Power means Women

Women mean S(bleep)x

S(bleep)s means Aids

Aids means Death

Want an Apple

There was some discussion of something like that from MMG but you know how Jagex is about revealing there plans and progress. For all we know it may just stay an idea but at least we know they are thinking about here. Here is the link to the runescape forums if you want to read about MMG's Deepstone Keep idea it actually sounds pretty cool.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=231/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?78,79,791,58479614

All skills 80+

The link posted was not found on the forums, does anyone have another link? And it's about time we get them, this problem shouldn't have gotten anywhere near this big in the first place in my opinion.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

[slams fist down onto a desk] Agreed!

We had a team of 4 120+ (well, me being 118 w/99 Def) went to Bandos one day. We were crashed by ONE level 138. ONE. We asked him to go to a NON LS world where he could still get drops, he insisted he likes crashing people whenever he feels like it. In the end after 30 stolen kills and used as as meat shields we left GWD and I vowed to never return until something is done about it, this is the sort of bullcrap that shouldn't happen.

Popoto.~<3

Hmmm guess it doesn't like the link due to the commas well if you don't mind finding it yourself it is in the Suggestions - Area and Achievement Diary part of the forums and called MMH Suggests - Deepstone Keep. It is on page 22.

All skills 80+

Yesterday I tried to find a non-loot share world to solo Bandos and there were teams in every world, even the non lootshare ones are getting crowded now.

I feel your pain. That exact same thing has happened to me as well. I honestly look at the people in the boss room and decide whether or not I could viably crash them. However, I still don't like playing like that, and usually end up hopping until I find a world to solo on.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

I agree. Every time I've been to GWD I've spent the majority of my time looking for worlds, then the rest of the time worrying about that team right outside the door.

thats why I honestly prefer DKs now, not to mention tribrid dks is funner then any GWD boss but solo sara and arma IMO

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Bet everyone on this thread 5gp youcant do a full bandos run without gettingcrashed.

Completely agreed, evenzammy isgetting full now, almsot got crashed today

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

i made a thread that had instanced bosses on the rsof but i dont think anyone saw it XD lol. anyway yeah its a good idea.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I agree. Every time I've been to GWD I've spent the majority of my time looking for worlds, then the rest of the time worrying about that team right outside the door.

thats why I honestly prefer DKs now, not to mention tribrid dks is funner then any GWD boss but solo sara and arma IMO

Take me DKing with you. :pray:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

While i sort of like this idea, and i agree that it has gotten way out of hand, the game is already becoming too easy. If there were to be no competition with other players out side of pvp, what would really be the point of training stats all that high be anyway? Soloing/team gwd bosses can still be done effectively at lower levels, but the fact there is great competition for worlds and such means higher players actually have something to use there high skills for. Also if jagex were to this they would have to reduce the drop rates of rare items, or runescape will be filled with low leveled player's wearing there 5m armadyl godswords... while were at it lets just give everyone maxed stats and unlimited supplys of everything :D

dont get me wrong, i do think something needs to be done, and instanced bosses could be a good option. Maybe leave the normal worlds with normal drop rates, and then have instanced bosses with much reduced drop rates. That way higher leveled players dont have to suffer due to some lvl 80's wanting to play at godwars too.

I'm not maxed, dont have extremes or turmoil and so cant get into the best teams either, and do get crashed occasionally by "elite" teams.. but i see that as a reason to train more. Take this away and training higher will feel like even more of a waste of time then it already does.

anyway i actually do kinda like the idea, so spose im contradicting myself. But yea... theres my little rant >=].

While i sort of like this idea, and i agree that it has gotten way out of hand, the game is already becoming too easy. If there were to be no competition with other players out side of pvp, what would really be the point of training stats all that high be anyway? Soloing/team gwd bosses can still be done effectively at lower levels, but the fact there is great competition for worlds and such means higher players actually have something to use there high skills for. Also if jagex were to this they would have to reduce the drop rates of rare items, or runescape will be filled with low leveled player's wearing there 5m armadyl godswords... while were at it lets just give everyone maxed stats and unlimited supplys of everything :D

dont get me wrong, i do think something needs to be done, and instanced bosses could be a good option. Maybe leave the normal worlds with normal drop rates, and then have instanced bosses with much reduced drop rates. That way higher leveled players dont have to suffer due to some lvl 80's wanting to play at godwars too.

I'm not maxed, dont have extremes or turmoil and so cant get into the best teams either, and do get crashed occasionally by "elite" teams.. but i see that as a reason to train more. Take this away and training higher will feel like even more of a waste of time then it already does.

anyway i actually do kinda like the idea, so spose im contradicting myself. But yea... theres my little rant >=].

I can eliminate competition with other players right now. I could Runecraft Double Nats all day, which is probably what I would do if AGS dropped to 5m. I was soloing Bandos once and I got crashed and actually had a few kills stolen from me by someone who had neither Overloads nor Turmoil. So even though I'm maxed, lower levels can steal kills from me anyway by luck.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

Completely agree. Runescape needs a lot of things this is near the top of the list. Along with untradable weapons and armour for max players

I couldnt agree more with this one, something that can't be bought but has to be earned through pure determination.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

There was some discussion of something like that from MMG but you know how Jagex is about revealing there plans and progress. For all we know it may just stay an idea but at least we know they are thinking about here. Here is the link to the runescape forums if you want to read about MMG's Deepstone Keep idea it actually sounds pretty cool.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=231/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?78,79,791,58479614

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

22-Feb-2010 17:11:31

Hey guys!

Just to avoid some confusion with today's update, I thought I should lock this thread and put a reply up.

This idea of mine never got beyond what you see here, I never wrote it up properly and never submitted it to the Development Team. It was a personal idea and that's all.

I am not a developer and Deepstone Keep has nothing to do with the new area you might have found out about today.

Just making things clear so I don't get your hopes up and I really appreciate the thought that it's good enough to go in-game.

Cheers all,

~ MMH ~

Lord_Beloved.png

you kids get it already too easy with high-valued bosses.. There are many of those..

I still remember when the KBD / KQ / CE were the only few bosses one could hunt!

Now we have KBD / KQ / DK / TD / 4 * GWD / CB / CE, 10 bosses, more than 3 times as many as previously. - And you complain about RS having too few bosses?

Really fighting each other over a boss kill has always been one of the good parts of runescape.. It helps forcing teams and hence creates groups of friends!

Something I did find wierd is why most of the worlds aren't lootshare?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

you kids get it already too easy with high-valued bosses.. There are many of those..

I still remember when the KBD / KQ / CE were the only few bosses one could hunt!

Now we have KBD / KQ / DK / TD / 4 * GWD / CB / CE, 10 bosses, more than 3 times as many as previously. - And you complain about RS having too few bosses?

Yeah.. and how many people were playing runescape and had the stats to hunt bosses back then?

2qcigdz.png

Yeah.. and how many people were playing runescape and had the stats to hunt bosses back then?

No, the question is, did we have summoning and godswords back then?