Dragon Plate vs Bandos Plate

BigDrew

Ugh, both are [wagon] ugly. I haven't seen a single person that even looked decent in them; which makes me feel like the people that like them have no fashion sense. Both make you look a lot heavier than you actually are, and neither work with any of the skin tones your player could have. That being said, the debate here should be about stats: the dragon plate wins by a small margin defensively, but the bandos plate has a strength and prayer bonus, which carry a much bigger weight than defensive stab and slash bonuses. If you were forced to buy one of the two items, definitely go with the bcp. It is better for most combat, and; I would say, looks a little bit better than the alternative. If, however; you were free to choose any combination of items, I would recommend sticking with barrows. Generally the cheapest body and a Verac's skirt is the consensus. If you're trying to make a fashion statement, go with Verac's brassard, Karil's skirt, and maybe an Ahrim's hood (or a bat mask if you're a boss). Black dhide vambs should always be used if you want to look sexy, as well as vyrewatch shoes if you are a female. Furies are the most aesthetically pleasing amulet, which you should get if you can afford it (which you will be able to since you didn't buy a dplate or bcp). Lastly, wear either your favorite skill cape or a firecape, depending on your personal preference.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be the dragon plate for me. Not that I'm poor, I can afford a BCP if I so wish, but I like buying cheap items so I can have a pile of money in my bank to stare at. Money doesn't drop in price :)

Although Dragon Plate has better stats overall, the BCP has a better crush bonus. This makes it theoretically better for training than a Dragon Plate, since most enemies use Crush to attack with.

450x200 is not a big enough space in which to fit anything more meaningful than a rubber duck wielding a stick.

Bandos. Simply looks so much better, and the Strength bonus of course.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Wow those text colors are a headache to read. Either way, Bandos is much better then Dragon Plate. More expensive, yes, but if you are buying a Dragon Plate over a Barrows top then you are already spending millions more then you need too if def is all your looking for.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I like Bandos simply because it is one of the best non-degradable top pieces for maging Barrows. Good defense along with only a -15 magic attack bonus, along with a slight strength bonus. Makes 2 specing Karil all the easier. Its massive Range defense bonus doesn't hurt when you happen upon a Karil tunnel, either. =p

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Dragon plate looks the best by far and is a reasonable price. And to even bring fighter torso into the picture just makes me laugh. It's a free plate you get from a minigame that looks garbage It looks good with.... erm.... NOTHING ! lol.

To say Dragon plate never had it's 'brief period of glory' is ridiculous. There's many people out there who wear this plate. To don a Dragon plate with a trimmed att cape looks unbelieveable !

I quite the look of torso + rune legs + whip/etc + str cape (t)

What a stupid comparison. Dragon plates are completely and utterly useless. If you need defense, use barrows. If you're high enough level to not need as much defense, use Bandos. It's simple. A proselyte top is better and more useful than the dragon platebody in all applicable situations.

Do I sense that the OP is feeling buyer's remorse, and is trying to justify himself by making this thread? Resell the plate and buy a real platebody, OP.

don't be such a bigot fml.

I can't afford BCP, so d plate for me :D

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The d pl8s range def is very nice compared to bandos chestpl8, dont know if u would use that often tho.

Sir? You read something wrong.

Personally, the VERY FEW defense bonus on slash and stab is not worth it to lose out on greater crush and ranged defense, as well as +4 str.

With 99 def the very few bonuses won't matter nearly as much as the +4 str. And the ranged def difference is great as well.

Profins.png

specty.png

I don't like the look of barrows so to me personally that armour type isn't even a option..

I've own bandos for over a yrear now and i'd never let it go <3

In terms of looks, D chain looks FAR better than D Plate and D chain is like 5-6m cheaper

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

if you know anything about runescape you get bandos no question

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

Personally i think dragon stuff is fugly, so would get bandos.

On a tight budget torso and tassys

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

I don't like the look of barrows so to me personally that armour type isn't even a option..

In terms of looks, D chain looks FAR better than D Plate and D chain is like 5-6m cheaper

You do realise you're playing RuneScape when you're complaining about not liking something's graphics, right?

Profins.png

specty.png

You do realise you're playing RuneScape when you're complaining about not liking something's graphics, right?

Whats your point?

I hate the look of rune, but i love how bandos looks.

+4 str vs nothing. Quite an easy choice :)

Stats aside, D plate looks hideous on a girl. Hello 80's shoulder pads! Bandos is where it's at. Not to mention D plate has been steadily dropping while i'm able to merch BCPs with ease.

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

Bandos is definitely better, if I wanted defensive bonuses I would use barrows.

I really don't see how this conversation carried on past the 6th post.

Also, someone stated somewhere that dragon has better range defense, it doesn't.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield + DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh + Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core + Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 + Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 + Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 + Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 + Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 + Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 + Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 + Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 + Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 + Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 + Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 + Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 + Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 + Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15+ Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 + Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 + Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 + Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 + Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This thread is pointless. Statistically, both platebodies are similar, offering trade-offs in different categories. However there is a large price difference. You can make efficiency calculations and prove which one is actually more worth the money (probably dragon plate), but the fact of the matter is that people think differently. One person might think, "I think Bandos looks cooler, and I have the cash, so I might as well buy it." And someone else might think the exact same thing about the dragon plate. People have different subjective preferences, which is why people tend to wear both rather often, and that is why this debate can only go in circles.

wl7w9j.png

Oh, and here are the real statistics for those of you that are curious:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?item1=7074&item2=8313&rs2item_tools=&compare=&submit=Compare

Bandos beats dragon in crush defence, ranged defence, summoning defence, prayer, and strength. Dragon beats Bandos in stab and slash defences. Not that big of a difference.

wl7w9j.png

I like everything about Rs Except Barrows armour, only set that don''t look messed up to me is Ahrims...and there just robes.

Get over it, not everyone goes for stats/efficenticy. I go by looks when buying armour :S

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

It's a hard one for me, because I love the look of the dragon platebody, yet I'm stat-frenzy when it comes to slayer tasks, so I always go for bandos chest in the end for the strength bonus and high defence. If bandos tassets etc. were dyable however, I would wear dragon plate because I prefer it's looks over bandos chest. Until then though, I'll always go for whatever has a better strength and defence bonus.

2vuhgcn.png