Saradomin godswords uses for slayer

To each their own.

I prefer SGS, so i don't have to summon another Bunyip 40 monsters before the end of the task.

Prayer restore... I can use berserker prayer with no fear of prayer going out. No, i won't bring prayer pots to non-prayer tasks.

It rocks at TDS.

You'd need to SAVE 22.6k bunyips to make SGS worth it there. Bring 1 p pot a task and you can use berserker 100% anyways. If you have any skills at TDs, SGS is useless. AGS/claws are better. More damage, fewer shield raises, more kills/hr. Banking isn't really a factor at TDS. Essentially, you have a psychological attachment to your SGS, but little practical use.

Just started using Claws at TD's... What have I been doing there without them, lol. Almost 2k kills logged without claws, and my kill speed is literally 15 seconds faster with them.

Edit @ your edit: My kill speed is the same, no matter what, since I take two ext sets, and they outlast my prayer pots (I bring 10 per trip. 1 sip per kill, always). SGS makes Prayer Points last a bit longer, but it barely ever adds more than 4 kills or so a trip. I like D Claws way better.

guido_49.png

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To kill TDs at maximum speed (using a steel titan), I think that SGS is almost required, since you're not getting the healing of a unicorn.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Lots of good replies posted already, which again illustrate what the SGS is really about: flexibility.

The SGS is also excellent at the Barrows, because that is a place where you frequently need a small amount of prayer for a short time -- no prayer is bad, and a whole prayer pot dose is a waste. If I meet Ahrim or Karil in the tunnels I fight until I am down a bit, then spec to heal the damage done and put on protection and Turmoil to finish him off. Very handy.

Godswords are the best weapon for killing the giant mole as well. I think the BGS is slightly more useful here, but the SGS is a close second. Claws are useless.

Back when I was doing dueling tournaments, the SGS's healing ability being able to work in no-food duels was handy.

The AGS is the weapon that is really vastly overrated, for its price. There are very few situations where a few extra points of damage make much of a difference.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Lots of good replies posted already, which again illustrate what the SGS is really about: flexibility.

The SGS is also excellent at the Barrows, because that is a place where you frequently need a small amount of prayer for a short time -- no prayer is bad, and a whole prayer pot dose is a waste. If I meet Ahrim or Karil in the tunnels I fight until I am down a bit, then spec to heal the damage done and put on protection and Turmoil to finish him off. Very handy.

Godswords are the best weapon for killing the giant mole as well. I think the BGS is slightly more useful here, but the SGS is a close second. Claws are useless.

Back when I was doing dueling tournaments, the SGS's healing ability being able to work in no-food duels was handy.

The AGS is the weapon that is really vastly overrated, for its price. There are very few situations where a few extra points of damage make much of a difference.

SGS is also over rated for its price. It might add flexibility, but for 70M? nty. For Barrows, SOL is much better, since you don't have to pray again dharok when you farcast with spec protecting you from his 500's. SGS might work, but SOL is far more useful (and cheaper).

I... Don't kill mole... so whatever.

I do duel Tourneys as well, and a special weapon (D Claws/AGS/DDS) far eclipses any healing SGS does for you, since Soul Split + Turmoil Works way better.

And yea, AGS is way too expensive for its price. SGS is better than AGS everywhere except GWD and PKing, but in those two places, AGS really counts, so it does deserve to be more expensive than SGS. I've tried SGS pking with soul split, and it pwns, but AGS pking is much better -- almost unfair with all the 600's Ive seen.

guido_49.png

I use the SOL and the SGS at the Barrows; the former for the melee brothers, the latter for the others (and the tunnel critters). I don't need the SOL spec at the Barrows.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

If you want to do multiple trips/bank, you need to sip a p pot at dharok (SGS doesn't cut it), but SOL makes that unnecessary. Also, I just melee all the other brothers to death with a GS, without having to pray or eat (except maybe at verac...-.-)

guido_49.png

With the SGS, healing familiars are mostly worthless. This is one of the ways that the SGS saves a LOT of money -- you can use a forager or BoB instead of a healer. It adds up very quickly. I use a bunyip rarely, and can't remember the last time I summoned a unicorn.

This. Flashing Soul Split and using the SGS for more health + the prayer for Soul Split is more than enough in most situations.

Besides, this SGS is my baby. Had it for almost 2 years. And I'm never gonna give it up.

Never gonna let it down...

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

With the SGS, healing familiars are mostly worthless. This is one of the ways that the SGS saves a LOT of money -- you can use a forager or BoB instead of a healer. It adds up very quickly. I use a bunyip rarely, and can't remember the last time I summoned a unicorn.

This. Flashing Soul Split and using the SGS for more health + the prayer for Soul Split is more than enough in most situations.

Besides, this SGS is my baby. Had it for almost 2 years. And I'm never gonna give it up.

Never gonna let it down...

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

guido_49.png

I think it's all been said, but I'd like to echo sentiments of the SGS supporters. Perhaps the sun doesn't rise and set with this weapon, but it's versatile, useful, powerful, and fun. It carried my track through 99 slayer with ease, and saved me on familiars, food, and gave me the option to use BoB's more often to bank more goodies and make fewer trips.

I particularly enjoy SGS at Dark Beasts; really balances everything between power, pray bonus, pray retention, healing, and limiting total inventory slots.

Overpriced? Perhaps. But you can't buy it from me. You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

stormveritas.png

I think it's all been said, but I'd like to echo sentiments of the SGS supporters. Perhaps the sun doesn't rise and set with this weapon, but it's versatile, useful, powerful, and fun. It carried my track through 99 slayer with ease, and saved me on familiars, food, and gave me the option to use BoB's more often to bank more goodies and make fewer trips.

I particularly enjoy SGS at Dark Beasts; really balances everything between power, pray bonus, pray retention, healing, and limiting total inventory slots.

Overpriced? Perhaps. But you can't buy it from me. You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

*D Claws*

*Takes SGS from cold, D Claw'd hands*

guido_49.png

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! You hit 0-1. Better luck next time. :wink:

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Main reason I sold my SGS is because the price is dropping.

SGS saves 30k-40k per hour, but I do not enough to justify the price falls it's taken over the last few months.

nor do I boss hunt, or do anything else that requires an SGS

i don't see the SGS going back up either. Between soul split and the promise of new gear, I think SGS will become outdated sooner or later, whether or not it is already.

And i don't want to be holding onto one when that happens.

Nor do I do combat enough to justify holding onto an SGS in the mean time.

Naaxi.png

This entire thing sounds like the old Turtle vs Aggression debate.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I use the SGS primarily because I use the steel titan for most of my tasks, so I can't just yip/uni spam. For a lot of the higher damage tasks, particularly nechs and waterfiends, until soul split SGS was really the only way to do the task in one (or two with waterfiends L) trip. Now with soul split I guess I could use a dds instead, but when you're hitting in the 50s every other whip attack, and the best dds specs are like 35-35, it doesn't really seem to be all that worth it. SGS saves prayer points from soul split, gives you free prayer points, and of course the healing. IMO enchanted excalibur is just a welfare option; it doesn't heal nearly as much if you're 120 strength and turmoiling and on task lol. Soul split also doesn't work on multicombat waterfiends very well because they do quite a bit of damage if you aren't protecting from range. I used food before soul split for tasks SGS didn't keep me up on alone, and still do for waterfiends, but really it is just a huge pain to lose that much inventory space.

So is it easily possible to get by without SGS? Yes. Does the SGS serve some functions which no other weapon/effect does? Yes.

If you have the money it's definitely worth it, really I think everyone should have a godsword just because they're so fun, and SGS is just the best IMO. Also I don't worry about losing money; I paid 36M for mine :P

The health healing is not even worth considering. I will continue to use my sgs on tasks because I have no interest in taking along prayer potions to to cover soul split and berserker. Yes it is possible to flash soul split, but why bother when the short time that it will be used will barely cost you any prayer points. On the other hand, for a high damage thing where you will be splitting much more often, why bother putthat much effort in when in the end you will still need a few potions.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

To kill TDs at maximum speed (using a steel titan), I think that SGS is almost required, since you're not getting the healing of a unicorn.

About that...does the titan only do damage at distance when range prayer is down/up clsoe when melee is down? I used to take tbirds to restore run energy on the way down before the agility update, and I don't remember them ever hitting through prayer(then again they're tbirds).

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

About that...does the titan only do damage at distance when range prayer is down/up clsoe when melee is down? I used to take tbirds to restore run energy on the way down before the agility update, and I don't remember them ever hitting through prayer(then again they're tbirds).

I don't know from experience -- all I know of it is a youtube video I saw of it. (Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f5H-QYQKUs )

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Interest: even an amateur investor/flipper can get 1% interest. That was just an additional cost of using the SGS, if you do this at all. Even without considering interest SGS is inferior.

Claws inaccurate? I doubt you've ever used a pair. The number of times I have missed with dragon claws while slaying can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

im dissapointed ss was nerfed slightly. u only heal 1/5 instead of 1/4 now thats signifigantly lower

I don't think that it was actually nerfed they just changed what it said in the prayer tab. I remember checking it a lot on the first few days and it seemed off.

im dissapointed ss was nerfed slightly. u only heal 1/5 instead of 1/4 now thats signifigantly lower

edit: kb says its still 1/4

I think all they did was fix so it said the right thing. I'm pretty sure it has always healed 1/5 but jagex put 1/4 by mistake that's why they fixed it.

If it wasn't ridiculously overpriced I would buy one. But high-end weapons are always disproportionately expensive in Runescape. Jagex needs to make the best weapons untradeable instead of letting merchanters and super-rich people hoard them.

Inb4 "make money noob": I could easily waste countless hours making the money to buy an SGS, except that I have a life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been solo'ing the mole a lot this past week. Having owned a pair of claws and having gotten two 24 hour SGS lends during that time, and trying them both, I can say definitively that claws are better than SGS at mole. The only close contender would be an AGS. There's just no need for healing OR excessive prayer use. I bring a pure set and two prayer potions, using piety every time I catch him. I kill it till my inventory and terrorbird are full, house tele, pray at altar, portal to falador, repeat. Banking is extremely quick, so SGS does not help there.

On a side note, it's really funny to claw spec the mole. It digs and comes up dead every time.

On topic: I've always wanted a Saradomin Godsword. Always. Always always always. I enjoy the flexibility that it provides, and even though claws are better for slayer (if you have soul split), I would still buy the SGS before claws.

I just sold my claws to buy dragon bones just two days ago.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If it wasn't ridiculously overpriced I would buy one. But high-end weapons are always disproportionately expensive in Runescape. Jagex needs to make the best weapons untradeable instead of letting merchanters and super-rich people hoard them.

Inb4 "make money noob": I could easily waste countless hours making the money to buy an SGS, except that I have a life.

Why even play the game then? Either way you are wasting countless hours. Same with TIF, if you quit you will be saving your time and ours as you do not have to subject us to your posts.