The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

Depends on where you go. Texas Tech is a big business and engineering school, so a lot of times there are presentations and the like where guys have to be at least business formal. They do it so wrong it hurts. And such [bleep]ing about clothes you don't even hear from the way-too-high holier-than-thou fashionistas.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever seen a patterned shirt (or at least the more extravagant types) look good on a guy. Plus whenever I see them I think of James May.

Haha :P

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I realized something today. If lent came to my school, he'd have a heart attack.

Dress code says guys have to wear button up shirts, ties, khakis, etc. every day.The amount of people doing it wrong is ridiculous. Leaving a bunch of buttons open, not tucking in their shirt and having the undershirt stick out under the button up shirt, wearing tiny ties, ties that dont match, wearing sandals with socks with a shirt and tie, wearing running shoes...

No one seems to get the idea of looking good.

Amaranth_GTO.png

I realized something today. If lent came to my school, he'd have a heart attack.

Dress code says guys have to wear button up shirts, ties, khakis, etc. every day.The amount of people doing it wrong is ridiculous. Leaving a bunch of buttons open, not tucking in their shirt and having the undershirt stick out under the button up shirt, wearing tiny ties, ties that dont match, wearing sandals with socks with a shirt and tie, wearing running shoes...

Counterpoint: I wear what I'm comfortable in, why should I care what others think about me if I'm happy?

Counterpoint: I wear what I'm comfortable in, why should I care what others think about me if I'm happy?

I know, I know. But still I've seen people land detentions for like not tucking in their shirt, is it really worth it? I dunno maybe it's just because I like to look good but meh.

Amaranth_GTO.png

I try not to be a snob or anything about it, but I can't stand when people just don't make any effort.

Because as people, we're made from the outside in. We're subtly molded by others' opinions and beliefs. Plus, far too many people think they're happy just because they can live their lives quietly, without attracting attention that might take them out of their comfort zone. Having others accept us is so important to us as humans. It's mad crazy, but it's generally out of a person's reach to change the game - it's far better to use the game to your advantage.

I like wearing a pocket square as of late. I need to get some more, right now all I have is a blue and black checkered and a black paisley. I really enjoy the whole throwback to the mid-20th century fashion-wise. It makes classic looks seem practically trendy.

The only fold I like is this one. Otherwise, it seems like a complicated addition to a minimalistic outfit.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I bought these a few days back since they were cheap: http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/men/shoes/sneakers/77787366-hemery/96

Yea or Nay?

Yay? Well, it sounds too positive. I'm stuck in between. They're not particularly cool, but they're not terrible either. If this is still supposed to be the classy thread, then no, not classy at all.

Tip: Stop buying your shoes at Spring. It's a low-end store's (Aldo) low-end line. If you want cool footwear, check out Jack Threads, it's always 50-80% off retail price. Mainly streetwear brands like Durkl, alphanumeric, Matix, Altamont.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I bought these a few days back since they were cheap: http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/men/shoes/sneakers/77787366-hemery/96

Yea or Nay?

Yay? Well, it sounds too positive. I'm stuck in between. They're not particularly cool, but they're not terrible either. If this is still supposed to be the classy thread, then no, not classy at all.

Tip: Stop buying your shoes at Spring. It's a low-end store's (Aldo) low-end line. If you want cool footwear, check out Jack Threads, it's always 50-80% off retail price. Mainly streetwear brands like Durkl, alphanumeric, Matix, Altamont.

That's actually the first pair I've bought from there. I wasn't a huge fan of them but I badly needed new shoes so whatever.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Does Jackthreads ship to the UK?

Not yet. Only to the US and its hat.

Where would you guys recommend I look at for watches? I've found a couple I like online, but I'm most likely not going to actually buy one online, because I'd rather try one out in a store. So my question regards style; I'm looking at this and this at least design-wise... would silver and plain yet elegant be a good way to go? I'm thinking it is, because I do wear grays and whites and blacks about as often as I wear vibrant colors, so I figured that a really neutral color like silver would be a good choice.

But anyways, I don't know much about style. My style's actually sort of militaristic/nautical, and actually isn't really because of trends at all; they just tend to look best on me, since my posture's a bit strict and movement's rather deliberate. But I'm not really sure what type of watch would complement that.

wl7w9j.png

You can either buy one (or in the future another) watch that will last you a lifetime and cost a tremendous amount, and carry all the status and such that a watch provides - or, the route I appear to be taking by accident, have numerous quality yet inexpensive watches. If there's no flashy labeling or features, nobody will really notice apart from true watch snobs. I like both of those.

I want oxblood oxfords. With the recent trend of the bold wearing brown shoes more often, can one pull off oxbloods? I find them more interesting to look at than most brown shoes anyways; a lot of browns are too dark and dull.

You can either buy one (or in the future another) watch that will last you a lifetime and cost a tremendous amount, and carry all the status and such that a watch provides - or, the route I appear to be taking by accident, have numerous quality yet inexpensive watches. If there's no flashy labeling or features, nobody will really notice apart from true watch snobs. I like both of those.

I want oxblood oxfords. With the recent trend of the bold wearing brown shoes more often, can one pull off oxbloods? I find them more interesting to look at than most brown shoes anyways; a lot of browns are too dark and dull.

Something like this?

[hide=oxbloods]

dr-martens-unisex-shoes-1461-vintage-3-eye-oxblood-shoes-12877601-2442-p.jpg

[/hide]

If it's like that I'd say it'd be pretty tough, thats a really funky brown if thats even brown at all... Maybe like a clay red type of deal... But you are the fashion Guru here. I'm sure you could pull it off. I'd prefer a pair of lighter brown shoes myself, and I agree with you that the darker browns are really ugly :/

I'd probably go more along the lines of

[hide=Oxfords]

66730_366_45.jpg

[/hide]

Something like this?

[hide=oxbloods]

dr-martens-unisex-shoes-1461-vintage-3-eye-oxblood-shoes-12877601-2442-p.jpg

[/hide]

If it's like that I'd say it'd be pretty tough, thats a really funky brown if thats even brown at all... Maybe like a clay red type of deal... But you are the fashion Guru here. I'm sure you could pull it off. I'd prefer a pair of lighter brown shoes myself, and I agree with you that the darker browns are really ugly :/

I'd probably go more along the lines of

[hide=Oxfords]

66730_366_45.jpg

[/hide]

Yeah, it's red. I have a few pairs that I particularly like that are almost crimson in color - oxblood shades vary extremely.

Littleboy, short hair. You can go much, much shorter also - it would really look better, too. Your face is a good shape for it.

I'd go with Lent on that, the mens long hair phase is definitely over (Thank god)

Some people look better with long hair. Fact.

Lent, if you're looking at medium brown, you won't find what you like. Cognac is where it's at. But it's a pain to take care of.

I'd go with Lent on that, the mens long hair phase is definitely over (Thank god)

Lent, if you're looking at medium brown, you won't find what you like. Cognac is where it's at. But it's a pain to take care of.

That is absolutely perfect. Thank you.

Few and far between though :/ from seeing people at school anyway. Most look better with short.

Those are some sweet as hell shoes though...

Yea or Nay?

If you're looking to go a little less 'street,' I would check out Gilt. They have upscale labels that are heavily reduced. That site is a little more my style than Jackthreads.

And for the hair, keep it short. If you're a guy the longer your bangs are the younger you'll look. I saw the second picture and thought middle school skater immediately. It looks a lot better short.