The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

well, i normally dont put much effort into organizing outfits or w/e, ive got a pair of crappy dress shoes for work, black, when im with friends or hanging out its usually t-shirt, jeans, and converse.

so, should i try the oxford shirt + dark jeans with some nicer shoes?

what would go well with something like that?

im about 6'1" and thin

and this is my watch ive had about a year: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MNARM6/ref=oss_product

Oxford + dark slim jeans + nice pair of loafers would look nice.

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On topic; what do you guys think of Fenchurch's stuff?

overpriced

I hear h&m and tkmaxxx is good if you're in the uk

Yeah, they are a bit overpriced but i think the some of the designs on the t-shirts are pretty cool. You can usually pick up some Fenchurch stuff in Tkmaxx for a fair bit cheaper. Those Republic stores in the UK sell Fenchurch stuff as well but it's pretty pricey in there.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Yeah, they are a bit overpriced but i think the some of the designs on the t-shirts are pretty cool. You can usually pick up some Fenchurch stuff in Tkmaxx for a fair bit cheaper. Those Republic stores in the UK sell Fenchurch stuff as well but it's pretty pricey in there.

The t-shirts are okay, the cardigans are cool, but nothing special, the watches are worth looking at, and their logo is ugly. IMO Zara is where it's at. It's not too expensive and it's pretty fashionable. Thrift stores are cool too, but if you're looking for a classy vibe that may not be your best bet.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Just remember: Wool for the suit (ALWAYS), silk for the tie. Shirt's probably gonna be cotton.

No, wool is only for winter, and grey suits. Linen, cotton, and seersucker fabrics for summer.

Anyways, summer fabrics are always much more fashionable than wool. However worsted wool is pretty damn classy.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Rugby Seersucker Jacket

Rugby Navy Chino Jacket (also available in khaki)

I think this is easier to pull off than wool, it's classy but not overdressed, especially the khaki and seersucker jackets..

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

If you only own one suit, it's ridiculous to own one that you can only wear in one season (well, you can push on two). Linen's massively hard to take care of as a suit (I own a linen blazer and it's the most time-consuming article I own). Cotton is good if you already have one, though. I've never even seen a real seersucker suit, but they do intrigue me.

I should get a cotton suit. It's summer here most of the year. Gracias. And I might look for seersucker, although I doubt I'll find many. I doubt I'll find many cottons. Maybe a seersucker tie to add a little?

Whatevs.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

If you only own one suit, it's ridiculous to own one that you can only wear in one season (well, you can push on two). Linen's massively hard to take care of as a suit (I own a linen blazer and it's the most time-consuming article I own). Cotton is good if you already have one, though. I've never even seen a real seersucker suit, but they do intrigue me.

I should get a cotton suit. It's summer here most of the year. Gracias. And I might look for seersucker, although I doubt I'll find many. I doubt I'll find many cottons. Maybe a seersucker tie to add a little?

Whatevs.

Just get the Rugby jacket, you don't have to wear matching trousers.

Well for starters, don't wear baggy jeans. Don't be a [bleep] and go for skinny jeans either, you want slim cut jeans that aren't tight on your skin. Also don't wear suit pants or something like that, because to me that seems more like you're trying too hard to look classy, than just being classy, if that makes sense.

For shoes, i'm not really sure as i'm from England and I don't know if this trend is in the states yet, but plimsoles are pretty casual but don't look sloppy or too casual.

(Example - http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/000068049?$product$ )

For your top, you could wear a white/black crew neck t-shirt with a nice jumper, or some kinda tee that compliments a cardigan or something?

( http://www.frenchtruckers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lyle-scott-grey-lambwool1.jpg or http://products.tedbaker.com/MEKONG_00-BLACK_78123/affwnd/2170_633882654040487093.jpg )

Basically some people would say the 'pretty boy' look, but it's also pretty smart/classy.

Maybe not what you're looking for, but worth a try. :)

very good taste

Well, I am 196 cm's tall. I am usually wearing a hoodie and jeans. I think a blazer would be a good idea to get more classy, 'cause I've got quite classy jeans already.

And what do you guys think about regular white LOW-sole sneakers? Like Adidas Classics or some other sports brand ones? They are quite hot around here and look shmexy. With blue jeans and a dark grey or navy blazer with a colourful t-shirt? Stylish?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Oh, and make sure your damn shoes are clean.

I literally laughed aloud at this. But I guess you've never seen the awesome force that is my shoe shining ability. I already knew the tie length stuff and whatnot, just needed to know mostly if a black suit and tie was good for regular formal wear or if I would look too "G-Man"ish.

Although one question, what about tie clips? I feel almost naked without one and my tie flaps about especially if I don't have the jacket on, but I've been told that a tie clip with a suit is a no-go. I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't know what he's talking about, though.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Tie clips rule. Plus, now they're considered trendy. Right now, a basic rule is that it's trendy if it's something your grandfather would have worn.

And I forgot, you're a Navy kid. Of course your shoes are shined.

Well, I am 196 cm's tall. I am usually wearing a hoodie and jeans. I think a blazer would be a good idea to get more classy, 'cause I've got quite classy jeans already.

And what do you guys think about regular white LOW-sole sneakers? Like Adidas Classics or some other sports brand ones? They are quite hot around here and look shmexy. With blue jeans and a dark grey or navy blazer with a colourful t-shirt? Stylish?

Plain t-shirts are easier to wear with blazers. I'm not a fan of the Adidas classics, or any adidas shoes for that matter. I suggest:

[hide]Plimsolls (Fred Perry)

1238715077-08640900.jpg

Combat Boots (Tim Hamilton)

http://hypebeast.com/2009/03/tim-hamilton-black-combat-boots/

Antiqued dress shoes (Burton)

http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20553&storeId=12551&categoryId=63576&parent_category_rn=63574&productId=1687524&langId=-1

Boat shoe (RBS Sperry Top-Sider)

0837161_1_700x700.jpg[/hide]

The easiest of those four options is definitely the dress shoes, other types of footwear often clashes with blazers, especially conservative ones. Sport coats and blazers with more unique properties (trims, unusual fabric, light colors, etc) are easier to wear casually.

Or saddle shoes, which have intrigued me lately. Unfortunately my taste is outgrowing my wallet. Need to visit some thrift stores to fight those urges.

This is kind of turning into a gentlemanly thread, so I'm going to comment on how I think I may start straight-razor shaving. I already wet shave, albeit not with a safety razor, so I figure I might as well just take the great leap in. This summer I should be earning quite a bit of money, plus I can certainly justify to myself buying a 250 dollar razor that can outlast my great-grandchildren, even if I also have to spend fifty dollars buying a whetstone and a strop.

Just my musings. And the shaving cream my mom dug out of the closet when I ran out of the good stuff I buy smells disgusting, but works surprisingly well for an aerosol.

You don't need to invest that much in a razor at 16.

I'm fifteen and shave every day. Plus, you're misusing the term invest. A razor that at the very minimum will outlast me is certainly a better investment than hundreds, thousands of those wasteful little plastic cartridges of razors that cost like twenty dollars just for four or five. I could go to a safety razor, but I intend to get a straight razor anyway, so I'll just skip that step since I'd have to learn how to use two different things.

I have some graduation parties coming up and don't want to go with a full on suit, but still would like to look well-dressed. What's good for a simple dress shirt, dress pants combo (no tie)? I was thinking just a black shirt, slightly unbuttoned with black pants and white shoes. Any suggestions?

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I have some graduation parties coming up and don't want to go with a full on suit, but still would like to look well-dressed. What's good for a simple dress shirt, dress pants combo (no tie)? I was thinking just a black shirt, slightly unbuttoned with black pants and white shoes. Any suggestions?

Might look cool. I'd throw on a blazer if you have one, they just add to everything. If you're going to be more casual though, just wear dark jeans. It would look better than almost all black and then stark white. At least you're easing into the contrast. And it'd be good if you had a white belt. And huge white work gloves, to make dancing sexier.

And Steve, I can't stand facial hair for one thing. My sideburns, mustache and under my chin grow ridiculously fast. I'm told (and agree) that I seem much older than fifteen. That can probably translate to faster facial hair growth. Plus, it all grows in differently colored. It's [bleep]ing stupid. Plus, I like shaving. Ritualistic, gives me time to think.

e0k3lc.jpg

(last night's theater banquet, hands up in my junk provided by my friend)

Well, maybe not every day, especially with blonde hair. I only shave every other day, cos I like a bit of stubble. And electric razors are kind of annoying to use, and if you have too much hair the [bleep]ing hurt. To be honest, I've used the same razor blade for over a year, it's probably a bit blunt, but it still works fine.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I definitely don't like those Nike sb's. Most are with high soles. I hate those f'in high soles, I am unusually tall anyway.

Those plimsolls or whatever they are are like the sneakers I meant. With just a little bit more sole and a bit more sporty look. Adidas classics were just an example.

EDIT: [rooster]. The shoes I had thought for an example had a huge sole.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Well, maybe not every day, especially with blonde hair. I only shave every other day, cos I like a bit of stubble. And electric razors are kind of annoying to use, and if you have too much hair the [bleep]ing hurt. To be honest, I've used the same razor blade for over a year, it's probably a bit blunt, but it still works fine.

Insane, I use a new one every week. Pretty much why I was also looking to get a straight edge, or at least a safety razor. I've already got the appropriate quality shaving cream and my sexy badger hair brush. :lol:

I know what you mean about the shaving, Lent. I shaved almost daily when I was 15, then at 16 I started off my half-goutee and I haven't shaved it off since (20 now). I stopped daily shaving though, as it was becoming a nuisance. In highschool I'd shave every 2nd day, but now with work I don't even shave all week. Just do it up good on the weekends when I go out. Except the moustache.. I shave that a couple times a week since I hate those dirty soup strainers...

So what are some suggestions on cologne? I want to hear a ton, and hopefully not have to create a cologne thread. Although, that wouldn't be too bad itself.

I'll post pics of what I wear sometime soon. It's not suits or anything, but sexy nonetheless. B)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png