The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

On the topic of shoes a couple pages back

basket96.jpg

These are mine, loving them.

I want to get a pair of loafers too, something like

bottega+penny+loafers.jpg

Get brown shoes by the way, they look better + black shoes look terrible with jeans so you can only wear them with slacks.

Oh and my watch: http://www.infiniteshopping.com/marc-ecko.html?watches_collection=665

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Pumas, but those are my favourite kind of loafers (that's not saying much). I don't like those that have extended toes. What are you going to wear with them, and are you going to put pennies in them?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I prefer completely smooth, shiny loafers. Good when you want to look somewhat dressy, but not formal enough for oxfords. Although I do love my oxfords, even though I inherited them from my brother and they're in tragic condition.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Black blazer; plain tee; slim jeans.

Ideas for footwear, apart for dress shoes?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Black blazer; plain tee; slim jeans.

Ideas for footwear, apart for dress shoes?

What color slim jeans?

I'd say some black converse will work with dark or light

Boat shoes will work with lighter jeans, something like these bad boys hah

022406_boat_shoes.jpg

Also, i'd say ditch the slim jeans and get ones that are more fitted.

Depends on the slim jeans though, by slim I think you're talking more like these:

skinny_jeans_1-748533.jpg

By Fitted I mean more like this, I think it looks classier and in general better:

gap-standard-fit-jeans-vintage-wash.jpeg

What color slim jeans?

Any color, same goes for the tee.

I really don't like the look of Converse.

022406_boat_shoes.jpg

Those have huge soles, I'm not a fan of the woven pattern on the side either.

For the jean fit:

http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3691990&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854

Sticks to your thighs, and tapers at the calf, but not enough to stick to your calves.

[hide= quote pyramid]

What color slim jeans?

Any color, same goes for the tee.

I really don't like the look of Converse.

022406_boat_shoes.jpg

Those have huge soles, I'm not a fan of the woven pattern on the side either.

For the jean fit:

http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3691990&cp=3146842.3146844.3146854

Sticks to your thighs, and tapers at the calf, but not enough to stick to your calves.

[/hide]

K so the jeans aren't* the ridiculous looking tight ones.

What do you mean by huge soles? Their supposed to be worn without socks, idk if thats what you mean't or not. and the woven pattern is easily fixed, I like to wear these ones personally:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/mens/shoes/casual/boat/PRD~638206/Eastland+Freeport+Boat+Shoes.jsp

You could try something more like these though:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/mens/comfort/PRD~476483/Dockers+Antic+Shoes.jsp

I still find 511s too skinny. 501s are much more flattering on the general population.

Then again, I'm biased because people look terrible if they're really thin or really fat and wearing skinny jeans. And those are usually the ones that do. If they're really fitting you, you shouldn't immediately know that they're 511s (or, sometimes far skinnier. ew).

I don't like Pumas, but those are my favourite kind of loafers (that's not saying much). I don't like those that have extended toes. What are you going to wear with them, and are you going to put pennies in them?

Jeans and button up.

I don't have any pennies to put in them, and exchange places where I live don't deal in coins.

@Scorched:

http://www.asos.com/Asos-Collection/Asos-Tri-Colour-Leather-Deck-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=924928&abi=1&clr=redbluewhite

http://www.asos.com/H-By-Hudson/H-By-Hudson-Sunseeker-Three-Leather-Deck-Shoes/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=909351&abi=1&clr=white

^Nice deck shoes. They're probably not meant to be used in the same way as real ones, but they look a lot better. I really don't want to be rude, and I hope you'll excuse me if I come across as such, but I think I should be helping you out, not the opposite.

@Lent:

Thanks, but this isn't footwear advice.

Sorry I'm being so negative. :P

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/a8bc/

So thinkgeek has this neat watch. The main reason I like it is because of the awesome hidden USB drive, and the fact that it doesn't look too bad plus isn't too expensive is the reason I'm considering buying it.

How do you guys think it looks?

Not a fan of the wideband, it looks like rubber.

Yeah, the band is really my only concern. I'm not too picky at all with watches, generally if it's silver and doesn't have too much fanciness it's good for me. Which is pretty much what the rest of the watch is. But yeah, the band looks very childish >.>

wl7w9j.png

Wide bands are only good if they err on the side of the massive, like bracelets or something. And leather, not rubber. A cheap watch isn't a bad thing, but you don't want it to look cheap. If you want a good watch, look at something like Fossil.

I was laughing the other day. Some football guys I know were making fun of my shorts (I rarely wear cargo shorts and almost never athletic shorts) because they were above my knees and fit me well rather than just hanging down like a skirt. I thought it was hilarious, since the girls loved them, even though I don't completely like how they look like cut-off chinos. But they fit me so nicely, and it's just a little fraying, so whatevs.j

Summer here's such a killer style-wise. It's damn near impossible to wear anything but shorts and a t-shirt without boiling to death. At least I have my linen blazer, which is good for the nights. I want an unstructured jacket. Or some light cotton shirts, kinda the grungy flannel Kurt Cobain thing, but more modern and happy and breezy, ya know?

Wide bands are only good if they err on the side of the massive, like bracelets or something. And leather, not rubber. A cheap watch isn't a bad thing, but you don't want it to look cheap. If you want a good watch, look at something like Fossil.

I was laughing the other day. Some football guys I know were making fun of my shorts (I rarely wear cargo shorts and almost never athletic shorts) because they were above my knees and fit me well rather than just hanging down like a skirt. I thought it was hilarious, since the girls loved them, even though I don't completely like how they look like cut-off chinos. But they fit me so nicely, and it's just a little fraying, so whatevs.j

Summer here's such a killer style-wise. It's damn near impossible to wear anything but shorts and a t-shirt without boiling to death. At least I have my linen blazer, which is good for the nights. I want an unstructured jacket. Or some light cotton shirts, kinda the grungy flannel Kurt Cobain thing, but more modern and happy and breezy, ya know?

Thin denim/chambray shirts (the Gap has nice, inexpensive chambrays, I've heard the fit isn't perfect though) are for you.

I fell in mud with my white pants on this winter and the brown tinge never left, so I had them cut off just above the knee two days ago.

I love how they're a little slim. Not a lot, just a little.

[hide=original jean]16011100020017_11.jpg[/hide]

well, i normally dont put much effort into organizing outfits or w/e, ive got a pair of crappy dress shoes for work, black, when im with friends or hanging out its usually t-shirt, jeans, and converse.

so, should i try the oxford shirt + dark jeans with some nicer shoes?

what would go well with something like that?

im about 6'1" and thin

and this is my watch ive had about a year: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MNARM6/ref=oss_product

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Ok, question: Black suit, white shirt, black tie. Yes or no? I say it looks good. Ma says otherwise.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Ok, question: Black suit, white shirt, black tie. Yes or no? I say it looks good. Ma says otherwise.

I don't see what could possibly be wrong with it. That's pretty much the default kind of suit. Does it have a vest?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

A jet black suit is better for more formal or special occasions, but I personally love a look like that. Wear a white pocket square for added points. Just make sure everything fits. Don't be afraid of tailors. You want to have almost no break (where your trousers meet your shoes), and show between half an inch and an inch of shirt cuff. French cuffs (cufflinks) would be cool, too. And make sure your tie roughly matches the size of your lapels - wide lapels, wider tie, and vice versa. Thinner ties (two and a half-to three inches at the base) are more in right now. Your tie, when knotted, should reach the center of your belt buckle. Uhhhh. That's most of my quick suit advice. Oh, and make sure your damn shoes are clean. A vest might make it cooler; I like three-piece suits.

Unless it's at night or for a funeral, wearing a black suit is less than ideal. Although you can't go wrong with a bold (especially skinny) black tie. Your suit has to be well-tailored and fit you well to pull off a slimmer tie though.