Cars

Atom Smash40

30k before taxes. About 700$/month for 3 years.

The charger was 11k.

Dayam. That's a lot. That's a deposit on a house.

meanwhile is Australia, it costs 13,000 for a decent car that has almost zero room in it or a piss-weak engine. Our cars are so stupidly over-priced from people selling their pre-owned.

Lol wat.

Any decent cars over 2001 model, aside from a Hyundai Getz which has no boot, no power and atrocious looking.

Popoto.~<3

30k before taxes. About 700$/month for 3 years.

The charger was 11k.

Dayam. That's a lot. That's a deposit on a house.

meanwhile is Australia, it costs 13,000 for a decent car that has almost zero room in it or a piss-weak engine. Our cars are so stupidly over-priced from people selling their pre-owned.

Lol wat.

Any decent cars over 2001 model, aside from a Hyundai Getz which has no boot, no power and atrocious looking.

Are you serious? Where are you looking? In NZ you would have a huge choice for that price.

Eg: B4

WRX

Mazda 6/Atenza

Lol there's literally 1000's of cars for that price.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Challenger may not be the best choice for a first car if you're paying for it all by yourself a la loans...

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

IIRC, me and my dad were talking about cars the other day. He mentioned something about Qatar only having 5% income tax on cars. So cars are really stupidly cheap here. I'm not 100% sure but a Dodge Challenger is something like $60 000, Charger is $40 000, Mustangs are $43 000 (more or less). Prices converted from Qatari Riyal ofcourse. To me this is dirt cheap. it's almost like stealing. Reason i say that is because back in South Africa a mustang would set you back $110 000 easily. Challenges and Camaros would go over $130 000.

Pre-owned cars here are a joke though. They are almost given away. I remember when my friend bought a pre-owned Lexus (sedan) he paid like a quarter of the retail price and the car was only 6 months old with something like 10 000km on the clock.

IIRC, me and my dad were talking about cars the other day. He mentioned something about Qatar only having 5% income tax on cars. So cars are really stupidly cheap here. I'm not 100% sure but a Dodge Challenger is something like $60 000, Charger is $40 000, Mustangs are $43 000 (more or less). Prices converted from Qatari Riyal ofcourse. To me this is dirt cheap. it's almost like stealing. Reason i say that is because back in South Africa a mustang would set you back $110 000 easily. Challenges and Camaros would go over $130 000.

Pre-owned cars here are a joke though. They are almost given away. I remember when my friend bought a pre-owned Lexus (sedan) he paid like a quarter of the retail price and the car was only 6 months old with something like 10 000km on the clock.

What are the older cars like? I'm guessing there aren't that many cars pre 2000 on the roads?

rosssigfinal.jpg

Lol ouch. Where I live, preowned cars are EVERYWHERE. It's like in every street, people sell these cars for a living.

Idk if you're exaggerating or not but just 7k here can get me a decent 03 or 04 four cyl compact with plenty of life in it.

What are the older cars like? I'm guessing there aren't that many cars pre 2000 on the roads?

In Qatar there aren't any (by that i mean more than 1/100) old cars on the road. There's supposed to be a law that keeps cars older than 10 years off the road, or so i heard once upon a time. But the old cars you see here are like the Toyota Cresida and the Mazda 323 and things like those. I don't really notice the older cars to be honest. And i don't think i've ever seen one of those cars up for sale. It probably would pass the road-worthy test.

Mother of God, Qatar sounds like an amazing place. 60 grand is cheap? HA. Where do I sign up for a job?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Mother of God, Qatar sounds like an amazing place. 60 grand is cheap? HA. Where do I sign up for a job?

Tis all that GDP and stuff. In Taiwan, medium fries from McD's costs ~$.90 USD (conversion rate). That might seem cheap to people in the US, but it's probably somewhat "expensive" for people in Taiwan. So I'd imagine that in Qatar you'd have a hard time getting a job that pays enough to make $60k USD seem cheap.

modmarkl.jpg

Tis all that GDP and stuff. In Taiwan, medium fries from McD's costs ~$.90 USD (conversion rate). That might seem cheap to people in the US, but it's probably somewhat "expensive" for people in Taiwan. So I'd imagine that in Qatar you'd have a hard time getting a job that pays enough to make $60k USD seem cheap.

I don't know how to say this without sounding like an utter racist, but facts are facts so my apologies if some of you find this offensive in any form.

Truth be told, if you are a westerner (more specifically white) finding a job that pays that "pays enough to make $60k USD seem cheap" is somewhat easy. Although saying $60k USD is "cheap" might be a bit of an exaggeration, it is still by no means "expensive". However, if you are from most Asian counties (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Philippines [to name the countries that make up the largest portion of the hard labor workers]) $60k USD is something you would not see in 5 lifetimes of working.

Also keep in mind that when referring to "cheap" i do keep in mind what it would have cost me had i purchased said product in South Africa.

I don't know how to say this without sounding like an utter racist, but facts are facts so my apologies if some of you find this offensive in any form.

Truth be told, if you are a westerner (more specifically white) finding a job that pays that "pays enough to make $60k USD seem cheap" is somewhat easy.

This probably because these people are skilled workers, which is why they are in the country, because they can earn quite a lot of money. If you're unskilled, it won't matter where you're from, you're not going to be able to pull a 60K job.

rosssigfinal.jpg

opel_corsa_gsi.jpg

My car, Opel Corsa

When we lived back in SA my mom used to have the 2001 i think, just before the new (new old) shape was released. Sweet cars. Only bad thing about them is the poor AC.

Most likely he's going to be a tech. And LOL VW tech.

modmarkl.jpg

Cummina diesel...good [cabbage].

I saw a Pontiac G5 today, thought at first it was a Cobalt. Technically it is, just rebadged with different tail lights.

If I had the money, I'd buy a Cobalt SS/TC and convert the look into a G5. It's a shame Pontiac went under, the G8 GXP was just the thing they needed to get back in the game...sadly, it was too little too late.

modmarkl.jpg

• 1 month later...

My first car was a vw lupo 1.4 e written it off at 33k miles last month pretty devastate about that,

my new car is going to be a vauxhall corsa 1.2 16 valve sxi in black 5 door buying at 63k miles it for pretty cheap too

i used to keep saying to myself i will never buy a vauxhall cause i hate vauxhall but for the price its being sold to me

its an absolute bargain so why not (: .

Meh, appointment tomorrow for my car, was going to get the machine plugged in to know why the check engine is showing, but one of my new friends in college has one of those machines, so I got the code and which sensor for free instead of $30! P0141 sensor heater bank 1 sensor 2 circuit malfunction. Probably going to be a fast fix when the mechanic takes a look. Car wasn't able to go uphill at the end of last week, until I drove 1h to my parent's place lol.

Edit: Googled it. Now makes a lot of sense that the car had no power, it's an oxygen sensor.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1993-Honda-Civic-Coupe-SAFTIED-W0QQAdIdZ318935932

Would this make a good cheap car? The only alternatives at this price are a sunfire or cavalier, and I've heard bad things about them once they're past 200k.

If you don't want to follow the link, it's an automatic '93 Civic coupe with 200k on it. It's saftied and comes with 17" wheels and winter tires. They have it listed at $2,500, which I could afford now (Although I can't even drive till December)

Also, any tips on buying used cars from people? What kind of paperwork do you need to fill out?

Presuming that's Canadian Dollars, that doesn't seem too bad, but the KM's are a bit high. It really depends on the condition it's in. The Mags could indicate it's been owned by a younger driver, so they may not have looked after it as well. Probably need to try and get a service history, and get a mechanic to look over it.

This is cheaper, though it doesn't have any mags, but probably in better nick.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1994-Honda-Civic-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ319369036

rosssigfinal.jpg