Mod Mark H reveal RuneFest item 2010

_YB_

Yeah, imagine, "hardcore nerds" that would pay 75 dollars for a purely cosmetic item.

As opposed to, say "hardcore nerds" who would spend the equivalent of 5 years at a full-time job getting a purely cosmetic mention at the top of a hiscores list.

Someone who gets a 99 purely to be on the top highscores IS a nerd. You thought otherwise? Give me a break...

People who get a 99 due to the benefits of getting that level, such as things that actually give you an in-game advantage (whether it be money or unlocks) aren't nerds, because they are doing it for an actual reason.

wat.

Gaining levels or experience for ranks is just as much a "reason" as gaining levels for an advantage. I'm sorry, but are you qualified to dictate why or why not someone should play this game the way they want to? Seriously, can I see your qualifications?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, imagine, "hardcore nerds" that would pay 75 dollars for a purely cosmetic item.

As opposed to, say "hardcore nerds" who would spend the equivalent of 5 years at a full-time job getting a purely cosmetic mention at the top of a hiscores list.

Someone who gets a 99 purely to be on the top highscores IS a nerd. You thought otherwise? Give me a break...

People who get a 99 due to the benefits of getting that level, such as things that actually give you an in-game advantage (whether it be money or unlocks) aren't nerds, because they are doing it for an actual reason.

So i should stop fishing at 90 because there are no other fish after that?

If I dont im a hardcore nerd?

Flawed logic.

Flawed logic.

Level 99 Fishing allows you to fish faster. Any XP over 99 does nothing for you.

2dgucz6.png

Level 99 Fishing allows you to fish faster. Any XP over 99 does nothing for you.

Il use Crafting as an example instead then, as anything over 90 is unneeded in normal rs.

Il use Crafting as an example instead then, as anything over 90 is unneeded in normal rs.

It's unfair of you to consign this to "normal rs." If 99 has use in Dungeoneering, I would count it.

2dgucz6.png

It's unfair of you to consign this to "normal rs." If 99 has use in Dungeoneering, I would count it.

Wait for service pack 2. AKA the next set of content which has more floors and new items.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Wait for service pack 2. AKA the next set of content which has more floors and new items.

It already has a use in tier 10 leather and mage I think. But yeah.

2dgucz6.png

Flawed logic.

Dam i must be the biggest nerd ever because i have almost 16M cooking xp :roll:

Guess so... :| :???:

Unless you got it from actually cooking for personal needs after you achieved 99.

2dgucz6.png

ITT: Nerds who spend hours clicking on Runescape for no in-game benefit pretend they aren't nerds.

Nope i got it from being bored and deciding to cook sharks. But im glad to know that 3mil xp (only a few hours of playing really) changes peoples opinions about me.

I like how you pretend cooking sharks is fun and a cure for boredom. Seems like you haven't played any other video game if you think cooking sharks is fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ITT: Nerds who spend hours clicking on Runescape for no in-game benefit pretend they aren't nerds.

LOL COOL STORY BRO

HEY BTW DO U PLAY R00NSCAPE?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Nope i got it from being bored and deciding to cook sharks. But im glad to know that 3mil xp (only a few hours of playing really) changes peoples opinions about me.

I like how you pretend cooking sharks is fun and a cure for boredom. Seems like you haven't played any other video game if you think cooking sharks is fun.

If you dont find it fun then why do you even play.

Whos worse, the person who plays and enjoys it or the person that plays and hates every moment their on. Yet they still play, and post on fansites related to the game they dislike.

I play Runescape for fun. Cooking sharks isn't fun. Cooking sharks allows you to have fun (Doing PvP, doing bosses, doing quests). Don't mistake resource gathering for actual objectives.

You kids get really defensive, seems like you guys know you are nerds who can't afford other games.

If you dont find it fun then why do you even play.

Whos worse, the person who plays and enjoys it or the person that plays and hates every moment their on. Yet they still play, and post on fansites related to the game they dislike.

I play Runescape for fun. Cooking sharks isn't fun. Cooking sharks allows you to have fun (Doing PvP, doing bosses, doing quests). Don't mistake resource gathering for actual objectives.

You kids get really defensive, seems like you guys know you are nerds who can't afford other games.

Haha i play other games, but the reason i play this game is because i enjoy playing it too.

Clearly if you dont enjoy the recource gathering and training skills (which is 90% of what this game is) your playing the wrong game. Go play WoW they got some nice PvP and bosses and quests without cooking sharks.

And eh, i could care less about being called a nerd by someone over the internet posting on a Runescape fansite. :roll:

Dont worry, I do play WoW (80 Ele Shaman, 5800 GS). I play Runescape because the quest content is miles better than WoW's quest content, and because many of my friends play Runescape and I enjoy doing bosses with them. Gathering is not 90% of the game, its only 90% of the game if you want it to be.

80 Lock and Pally here. Oh and those sharks were cooked while i was in BG's, Just sayin...

Lol, touche :thumbsup:

Who are you to say what EVERYONE finds fun and what EVERYONE finds not fun, kid?

I really couldn't care less about this item, why, because someone else has an item, do we have to be annoyed and want one ourselves? Its just jelousy >.>

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Who are you to say what EVERYONE finds fun and what EVERYONE finds not fun, kid?

Because if someone finds clicking a shark then clicking a range 1000 times fun, they are either braindead or don't know what video games are supposed to be. (Protip: Entertaining)

Keep pretending like you have fun cooking sharks though, it amuses me.

Because if someone finds clicking a shark then clicking a range 1000 times fun, they are either braindead or don't know what video games are supposed to be. (Protip: Entertaining)

Not necessarily. I really don't think people can be judgemental on what is fun. Everyone is different and has their own preferences. Nobody can say that it's wrong to enjoy doing cooking. Because finding something enjoyable is an opinion, it's not fact that 'cooking isn't fun'.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Not necessarily. I really don't think people can be judgemental on what is fun. Everyone is different and has their own preferences. Nobody can say that it's wrong to enjoy doing cooking. Because finding something enjoyable is an opinion, it's not fact that 'cooking isn't fun'.

I doubt anyone finds skilling fun. More of relaxing.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I never said i found cooking sharks fun, 99 cooking was actually one of the worst 99's ive ever gotten. It was also my first.

What I asked is why you state your opinion as if it were a fact, when its not.

I could say anyone who enjoys clicking on an object and eating when necessary is braindead or doesnt know what a video game is.

The fact is everyone has their own taste, no matter what you think.

Haha this is still going on? i thought i established that i dont necessarily enjoy cooking by itself when i said im on WoW or another game while training afkable skills. (such as fishing and to a lesser degree cooking)

I was talking to Den

I never said i found cooking sharks fun, 99 cooking was actually one of the worst 99's ive ever gotten. It was also my first.

What I asked is why you state your opinion as if it were a fact, when its not.

I could say anyone who enjoys clicking on an object and eating when necessary is braindead or doesnt know what a video game is.

The fact is everyone has their own taste, no matter what you think.

You didn't prove anything. I already know everyone has their own taste, but what do you think taste is dictated by? Age, experience, knowledge, etc. If someones "taste" is to think cooking sharks is fun, then they are either braindead or haven't played a fun video game. It's a simple fact, and everyone knows it.

I doubt anyone finds skilling fun. More of relaxing.

^ This

but what do you think taste is dictated by? Age, experience, knowledge, etc. If someones "taste" is to think cooking sharks is fun, then they are either braindead or haven't played a fun video game. It's a simple fact, and everyone knows it.

I think taste is dictated by environment and experience.

Im also curious to where you get your facts that everyone knows about.