XBox 360:Xbox Live Vs Runescape: Membership ||||UPDATES

MadMax

It is officially 12:37 AM EST time, Nov 21

the xbox 360 is to be released in the Us, TONIGHT when the clock hits midnight

So i thought to myself....

being a very strong addict of runescape, as well as future holder of an Xbox-360 (i work at bestbuy, mine is already in the back of the store with my name on it, so its guarenteed MINE :))

Which do i/would u choose...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Areas of Focus:

1. Price of Xbox Live/Price of Runescape Membership

- xbox live(one year) - $50 USD

- Runescape Membership(monthy-w/CC) - $5/Month $60/year

This means, my first idea was upon my decision i will cancel my membership for runescape. Xbox live, being as amazing as it is, is cheaper, and more satisfying playing worldwide, and higher speed.

2. Graphics

.... DUHHHHHHH lol

3. Popularity

Im in college now... no 1 has even heard of runescape lol... those ive shown it to, laughed and flamed it beyond belief.....

4. November 22nd, Battle Update....

Many of those hardcore gamers out there, know xbox rival is playstation, however, how do the minds of jagex run? will they try to release an amazing update to us scapers? to keep the interest flowing of continuing runescape, or shall they do as they have always done... and dominish our dreams for there to be an exciting reason to play runescape?

My main focus here folks is this: depending on how jagex handles the release of the 360 will guarentee my fate within this game

if jagex pulls through for me, and gives a shocking update,i will remain in this game, however, if they do not show up, i will .... be forced to switch to the dark side and join forces with the xbox team

Sincerely, Player Mod

Xx_Ghetto_Xx

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the Xbox360 isn't coming out here until early 2006 some time, I have to say something about the "higher speed" comment on the current Xbox live. Here, most of the time the speed is either orange or red (Red being slowest, orange medium and green fast). Very rarely (although I don't play it much, maybe 3-5 times a week) do I find a game that has no lag. It's not my internet or any of that, it's my god damn location.

Umm..yeah, I dunno what that had to do with anything but I needed to say it :D

Have fun with it though, looks cool.

Jagex is not going to intentionally release a new update to "compete" with microsoft... it just isn't feasable, the markets are completley different.

and its kind of harsh do do a price comparison saying rs is $60 while live is $50, because ur not accoutn for the $300-400 price of the the system, where as runescape runs on pretty much any non-ancient computer (u cood probly get one for under $300 that would run rs lol), and most people already have a computer

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

I think this post isn't great because...why are you comparing RuneScape with Xbox360..really. Jagex releasing update to keep their member before no one wants to be one anymore because their playing Xbox360? RuneScape is addictive and you'll end up playing it again and Jagex said what updates their introducing to the game this month. There's no wondering what their going to do because they told you...=\..no this is not a flame people who may comment on this.

Personally, I'd go with the live due to cost. Though, if I had enough money, I'd definitely get both.

Though, I think the 360 isn't going to satisfy me. From what I've heard and seen, it appears to basically be an x-box 1.5, as opposed to 2. It's microsoft, so it's not like they're gonna die from doing something like that, so.. yea... I really think the ps3 is going to be the top console in this next generation.

Though, on the subject of nintendo.. the n64 was their peak. They've been going downhill since then. They took a lot of risks with the gamecube, and most of them failed. The Revolution is their last ditch effort in the console wars, and.. well.. I really don't think it's going to stand up to the likes of the 360 or ps3. I'm an oldschool nintendo fan, I love the company to death, but.. I just have a feeling they're going to flop, majorly. I just hope that they still lead the handheld system. (The psp is amazing, but so far both are doing fine, neither seems to be slipping too much) I pray for nintendo.

But, I'm a cheap bastard so I'll stick to my computer with cheap affordable games, like RS, or WC3. (Newest system? n64..)

Hmm, lemme think.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã279 for an Xbox 360 + ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã40 per game + whatever Xbox Live is per year (about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 I think) + whatever accesories are needed. About ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã350 total.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 whenever I feel like re-subscribing, a used Gamecube or PS2 game every now and then (about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10 each), any decent cheap Megadrive games I see (about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã2 each) and probably once a year a brand new Gamecube game (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30). About ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã120 total.

Hmm tough call, on one hand I can spend ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã350 on something that doesn't have any games I like and that I wouldn't play on, or I could have ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã120 and have about 8 months Runescape as well as enough games to keep me busy every week.

blazesigbq9.jpg

Both?

Im actually cancelling my Xbox live subscription... I do not like it anymore. Im a big gamer and I own all current-gen systems, and Im probably not even going to get the xbox 360 when it comes out. Console games don't hold my interest as well as PC games anymore. :?

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

wow.. anyone who hates xbox can just kill themselves now... u are all lemme say here.. F4gs? Little british losers who dont like xbox cuz they like to plaY runeeeescape the 2bit graphic game that has no meaning ...

AS FOR MYSELF!!! HALO 2 FOR LIVE POWNS U!

36 slayer

34 double

33 big team

31 skirmish

27 rumble

26 pit

24 hardcore

x box games=50 dollars per

system= god knows what

runescape games=0

and anyways everytime a noob posts a topic thats out of place they get flamed omg newb wrong forum.. honestly the x box live membership has nothign to do with general p2p of runescape

wow.. anyone who hates xbox can just kill themselves now... u are all lemme say here.. F4gs? Little british losers who dont like xbox cuz they like to plaY runeeeescape the 2bit graphic game that has no meaning ...

36 slayer

34 double

33 big team

31 skirmish

27 rumble

26 pit

24 hardcore

2 things:

1. this is about xbox 360... halo2 doesn't have a ton to do with it....l

2. Halo 2 is a piece of crap game and everyone knows halo 1 takes a lot more skill.

Go for XBL it offers more/better games to play on the network and it's cheaper.

36 slayer

34 double

33 big team

31 skirmish

27 rumble

26 pit

24 hardcore

People like you are the reason I don't play Halo2 online. The Halo 2 Community is worse than RS.

Just out of curiosity, how many modder friends do you have?

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

Go for X Box 360/x box live...

i think the main reason that i dont play runescape much... cus

- there is no much good updates...almost everything is the same, no more fun...

- most ppl tries to scam you\no more true friends...

- Jagex Customer Support never reply/answer you (always ignoring)...

i think jagex shud re-arrange Runescape from the start.. else old players will disappear. and add more hair style/colors, cus almost all look the same.. maybe we are all twins :D

and my second reason is i m having fun with my new PS2 games... like RE4\WWE SM Vs RAW 2006...etc :D

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

1) Runescape has bad graphics for a reason, I bet if jagex was known as C+GEX( C++ Gaming Experts ) Im pretty sure they would have made a game like a WoW clone.

2) Runescape is out for the 60% population that cant spend 3000$ for a top of the line computer.

3) I wouldn't talk about 2bit graphics, some console games have such low production that the graphics turn out to be junk and crap ( like last generation )

4) I dont feel like giving Bill Gates another 100$ because he can slap together a " next gen console " when ive seen stuff that the PS3 has brought out, and really the nintendo controller is awsome, and is possible to play with. ( Theres a video around on the internet were a guy modded his mouse? to like what the nintendo controller is like and actually played a FPS and killed people )

5) Xbox 360 compared to PS3 and Nintendo ( next gen ) I dont feel is actually fair. Sure with Xbox360 you get all these microsoft games and what not... Anyway Xbox360 compared to the PS3 and the Nintendo next gen as is graphicwise really only matching them or failing

5.1) Nintendo doesn't have a super powerful graphics card because they say ( it also makes sense ) that any average comsumer would have a super high definition TV to play these games on, so any further upgrades ( to the average consumer ) would be minimal

5.2) PS3's graphics are great, and also will have high poly graphics and what not, but ive seen trailers for the Xbox360 then compare that to some of the tech demos of PS3

6) I guess I should go kill myself over the fact that I hate xbox because of them selling there system over hype :roll:

7) Plus been able to buy older generation games via internet?? with nintendo is awsome, Im waiting for this to happen.. Cant wait to buy like every Zelda title that hit the shelves :D

Personally ( to the auther of this topic, ive forgotten your name now ) I'd get both, here in Winnipeg MB the minimal wage is like $7.50 an hour I think, and full time is 8 hours so... 60$s a day.. You could buy both within 2 days of work here.. Maybe 3 I dont know what curreny you posted in and I didn't care to convert. ( PS sorry for getting a little off topic :oops: )

If anyone has any regards to how I see the console war,DONT PM me, or post regarding this post as I will not reply, These are my views and only my views and you are still entitled to your opinion.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Lol.

Runescape will never let you leave! I've been there, I know. Just when you get bored with everything, they WILL pull you back in with an update.

But then again.... The updates that kept me pulled in.....

First it was the Treasure Trails.

Then came Slayer.

Then came Barrows.

Then came Tzhaar.

Then came..... Farming. lol. Thats the one that turned me into an occasional player.

Its gonna be hard to top all that stuff.

Besides, X-Box Live is much more fun than clicking rocks and picking flax, don't you? Just be careful of your addiction level. lol

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)