Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I was on FF 4.0.1, newer versions being too unstable, but I am currently using Nightly and seeing as it is so fast and stable (or seem stable, only been using for a couple of minutes), this is going to be my main browser from now on, until it actually gets out as a new Firefox version, even if it's supposed to be a testing browser. It is the fastest browser I've used so far (even faster than Chrome).

I was on FF 4.0.1, newer versions being too unstable, but I am currently using Nightly and seeing as it is so fast and stable (or seem stable, only been using for a couple of minutes), this is going to be my main browser from now on, until it actually gets out as a new Firefox version, even if it's supposed to be a testing browser. It is the fastest browser I've used so far (even faster than Chrome).

After you use it for awhile longer, care to PM me the link so I can download it? It sounds awesome.

Side-note: Was reading the local paper (which I don't see why I bother) and I find 5 grammatical errors on the front page alone. It's annoying how frequently they mess up on their typos despite trying to sell themselves as professionals.

Oh dear god, homecoming is tomorrow and all of the girls are going to be wearing ridiculously huge mums with bells and glittery crap all over them. Every time they shift just a little bit it's a world of noise...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Oh dear god, homecoming is tomorrow and all of the girls are going to be wearing ridiculously huge mums with bells and glittery crap all over them. Every time they shift just a little bit it's a world of noise...

You make it sound like it's a Mardi Gras parade. I was nominated to be voted for homecoming prince/king once, but I turned down the offer. Good thing I never went to any of those silly events.

Mainly because they couldn't pick one decent theme without sounding insane.

You make it sound like it's a Mardi Gras parade. I was nominated to be voted for homecoming prince/king once, but I turned down the offer. Good thing I never went to any of those silly events.

You didn't go to homecoming because you thought the theme was silly? Mhm....

I'm not going to the dance, but I'm required to go to the game, which is going to suuuuuck.

But it's horrible when half of the girls in all of your classes are wearing these things.

[hide=]2008+10+09+042.JPG[/hide]

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You didn't go to homecoming because you thought the theme was silly? Mhm....

They picked stupid themes, were highly delusional and unrealistic, and the home team usually lost half the time.

Another part was that sports events + testosterone-fueled crowd = too much noise.

Riku, what the hell are those? They look a bit silly...

Those are how female high school students show superiority to each other. The size and amount of stuff on your mum shows how much better you are then everyone else.

So it's more for psychological compensation purposes than fashion reasons? It wouldn't surprise me to see people try one-upping the other at school events.

Those are how female high school students show superiority to each other. The size and amount of stuff on your mum shows how much better you are then everyone else.

So it's more for psychological compensation purposes than fashion reasons? It wouldn't surprise me to see people try one-upping the other at school events.

I guess. They only get the chance to wear them once a year for 4 years so they try to get them as big as possible. With a little more research I've determined that making and wearing mums seems to be a Texas thing...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I guess. They only get the chance to wear them once a year for 4 years so they try to get them as big as possible. With a little more research I've determined that making and wearing mums seems to be a Texas thing...

Yeah I'm in TN and I've never seen them before.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Those are how female high school students show superiority to each other. The size and amount of stuff on your mum shows how much better you are than everyone else.

I'm sorry, but what the hell is a mum?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

They're apparently a type of dress. There are flowers called mums too.

As a non-Texan, I can basically prove Riku's point that the whole using mums to one-up everyone for subconscious reasons is something specific to his state. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if every area had their own brand of trying to display dominance at an event is shown elsewhere.

[hide=THIS IS A MUM]2008+10+09+042.JPG[/hide]

I am curious who in their right mind would invent those. They look like over-sized prize ribbons, but the exception is that nobody wins.

icon_thumbsu.gif

Cracked seems to be releasing new articles later. Usually they're up by 6, but recently they haven't been posting as early. It's throwing off my whole morning routine.

This page has reminded me of those aspects of American culture that I hate. One of them is the sickening homecoming, but by far worse are the beauty pageants for six year olds. Anyone who actually goes to or participates in them is mentally sick, plain and simple. Looking at the link I've added, they've gone so far as to have a 0-2 year old's category.

[spoiler=Warning: Disturbing Link]http://www.ourlittlemiss.com/World_Beauty_Winners.html

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

This page has reminded me of those aspects of American culture that I hate. One of them is the sickening homecoming, but by far worse are the beauty pageants for six year olds. Anyone who actually goes to or participates in them is mentally sick, plain and simple. Looking at the link I've added, they've gone so far as to have a 0-2 year old's category.

[spoiler=Warning: Disturbing Link]http://www.ourlittlemiss.com/World_Beauty_Winners.html

I've been questioning who is running TLC ever since they aired the show "Toddlers and Tiaras" since it proves how asinine things are in culture via television. Too scared to even click on the link to be honest.

I've been questioning who is running TLC ever since they aired the show "Toddlers and Tiaras" since it proves how asinine things are in culture via television. Too scared to even click on the link to be honest.

I clicked on it, it's [bleep]ing disgusting.

I am glad my intuition was spot on about not clicking on it.

I am glad my intuition was spot on about not clicking on it.

I saw and ad for that on TV and my second thought (First was revulsion) was "Who does this appeal to and why is it legal to show it on television?"

It was more disturbing than the episode of Criminal Minds that I was trying to watch.