Lesser Known Bands

ryderj716

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm..... my list would be

Plain White T's

Motion City Soundtrack (they're slightly known)

Emery (slightly known)

The Mars Volta

Pavement

Anberlin....

Toured with Story of the Year!!! Nice! :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

lamb of god

shadows fall

merciful fate morbid angel

murderdolls

wednesday 13

the datsuns

radiohead

dimmu borgir

testament

stuff like that

ur kidding me? if u listen to metal and dont know those bands u should be shot.

If u love Metal/metalcore try

Faux defeated

its an aussie metalcore band has a different feel to it then other core bands in a good way tho.

Desti is Back (H)

flagani22393ar9.gif

Haha, I've only read a few pages of this thread, but there were only 2 or 3 people who actually mentioned underground bands. C'mon, bands like Lamb of God, In Flames, Shadows Fall, and the Artic Monkeys haha, are FAR from underground. Underground bands I listen to are Zyklon, Wormed, Deadwater Drowning, Strapping Young Lad, although they're not as much these days, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Darkthrone and Visceral Bleeding. All awesome bands.

Brand new are excellent, but they might be signing some huge contact...

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I'm not sure what on my list is underground or not, mostly for one big reason.

I have a lot of european music, but being over in the states I don't see what gets played on tv's and the radio over there. Over where I am 90% of the band's I listen to are almost "unheard of" by a lot of people, but i'm going to try and name some I think are underground-ish.

Kamelot (is this a well known band overseas?)

Dark Tranquility (Just realy started listening few days ago, but have never herad of them before :/.)

Lordi (don't seem that known)

Lost Horizon (again, don't seem too well known)

Saxon (again, same question LOL)

Visions of Atlantas ( I think they are)

Anyways, this is "lesser known bands" So I hope I'm alright. And hell, if these are well played on the TV on music stations, ect. in europe, oops. I tried to stay away from what I know is more popular over there, stuff like Edguy and Hammerfall. :)

Lordi (don't seem that known)

They will be this years Finnish Eurovision band. Unfortunately. Been few times at the cover of the biggest Finnish daily magazine and I bet 95% of all Finns know the name Lordi. They are a total joke, but definately not unknown.

Saxon (again, same question LOL)

They are mentioned many times (approx as many times as some underground band called Metallica) at Iron Maiden's book Run to the Hills, so I wouldn't call them really unknown :P

Saxon is a bit older Brittish band, so it's not a miracle that a young (are you young? :P ) yankee doesn't know them. Worth checking out if you like NWOBHM music. Lordi is a complete joke at this part of the world and you should keep your fingers away from them :P Anyways, just wanted to point out that these bands aren't that badly known here in Europe.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

haha Lordi are awesome, 'The Devil is a loser' is a hilarious track. I don't think they're supposed to be taken seriously. Like GWAR I guess.

If we were able to post images, I'd now post few pictures of them :P They just can't be taken seriously. I remember when their first album came in 2002 and it was played everywhere. Well, the joke got old and to be honest 5 mins ago (had to google some of their lyrics) I didn't even know that they had released albums after their debyt.

edit: Anyways back to the topic :P Lately I've found a band called Urfaust. Really weird stuff, you either love it or can't stand it at all. It's raw black metal with clean vocals. On first listening it sounds somewhat crazy, weird and bad. If you keep listening to it more and more, you might start enjoying it. At Finnish black metal boards people divided pretty badly when we talked about them: some hated and someh loved.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Yeah, i'm fairly young, turned 17 last august.

Anyways, I quite like Lordi. A bit more of a fun band realy, and I like their vocals.

and yeah, never realy heard of saxon much (at all) over here. Found out about them a few months ago from a friend.

The others though, not "as" well known right? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lemme add these two,

The Moore Brothers, kinda Big Star-ish.

Vrbata, I'm not a huge fan of jazz but it's nice background music.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

My favorite underground band is Isis. I would not consider them totally underground, its just that most people have not heard of them. They have a kind of progressive post metal kind of feel that few other bands that I know of bring to the table. I would compare them with the likes of Tool and Mogwai (yes two very different bands but if you listened to Isis I think you would understand the comparison).

blacksignaturewn1.png

Half of these bands I can only laugh when I read them.. I mean there was a guy that posted "radiohead" on page 6.. do these people really consider their bands "lesser known". :?

Radio-wha? *cough :wink: *

My favourite bands (don't even have to add lesser known, they're mostly Belgian bands so err, yeah) are dEUS, Soulwax, Daan, Absynthe Minded and Sioen.

Any non-Belgians who know these bands?

Oh and, Sigur Ross (Iceland) is in a weird way fantastic.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Right now I can only think of one artist that is 'underground'. That is Matisyahu. Really quite interesting music.

He's becoming well known really fast, word spread like wildfire around here. He's coming to concert in a month or so (not just a small venue either), by then the whole city could know about him :P.

peterstretchfn5.gif

Sage Francis

Apathy

Genus Pro

Atmosphere

Ed Mejica

did i mention i like rap?

i like rock too, but i know my rap alot better

~DaS

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln