High School Jobs

Tomato

Yesterday I got a new job. I bag groceries at my military grocery store. I'm paid solely on tips. Yesterday I made $55 on a 4 hour shift. I get all my money in cash, and don't have to pay taxes.

The job before that I worked at Hecht's selling purses. That paid $6.50 an hour with horrible wages.

So high schoolers, what kind of jobs do you guys have? Do you like them?

tomato1ry.png

In HS, I never had a job that paid. I volunteered at an elementary school's afterschool program for 2 1/2 years. They didnt pay me, but it was a great experience :D

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

in highschool i had a job running laser tag/bowling for a family entertainment center.

made 6.50 an hour and it was hell.

now im working at a call center for my isp making 8 a hour to play runescape.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

in highschool i had a job running laser tag/bowling for a family entertainment center.

made 6.50 an hour and it was hell.

now im working at a call center for my isp making 8 a hour to play runescape.

where did u get the job just playing runescape? I wanna do that!

When I was in HS, I worked at Carl's Jr. for minimum wage for about half a year, and they gave me a .50 cent raise. Fun, but annoying.

I get ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã110 a month from my parental unit and aunt + uncle, aswell as family allowance. I'd get a job but pressure is high enough from college, had to write a 1000 word essay today :shock:

logo.jpg

I get ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã110 a month from my parental unit and aunt + uncle, aswell as family allowance. I'd get a job but pressure is high enough from college, had to write a 1000 word essay today :shock:

You're sooo right. College is annoying, but since i put all 4 of my classes into 2 days, it's easier. And i do all my homework at the last minute, which lets me enjoy my weekend lol. But yeah, I've written 10 900+ words essays already. Pretty fun, actually.

I've as yet never had a job.. but I've been looking for one for about a month now. Hopeful that I'll get a job at the local Best Buy (electronics store), either being a salesperson on the floor, or working in the tech department.

Best Buy would be a relaly cool job. They apparently get really good discounts as well.

I worked as a dishwasher for a year and learned the basics of a job. Maintenance, cleaning, teamwork, work drama....all the fun stuff.

I then got a job at McDonalds and have been working there for 2 and a half years now. Ive learned alot about service, management, equipment maintenance, and a lot of basic management practices. I find it to be a rewarding and fun job.

I design a website for 7/hr...is actually quite easy. I can use any computer to do it. I have to record my own hours too! Hoping to get another job at American Eagle...and juggle sports and school at the same time. I get on the job training credit for working though so i have to.

I never had a job during high school.

And I got my first job this year (third year of uni) at BFC.

I'm pulling $14.90/hr and generally working 35hrs a week despite being a casual which is generally at 20hrs :P

i do pizza delivery, new york pizaaaaaaaaaaaaa! and i get like 50ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì a day if i get some good tips :D

^^Yeah, and im writing a book about it!^^

Bounty Hunter is nothing more than a lame ass excuse not to say there is no PKing.

I HATE JAGEX!

Currently doing an advances Market research Methods qualification with BPP. Pulling in approx ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã15,015 ($25,860 USD) before tax.

Its pretty rubbish but once ive done this qualification i'll be entitled to hopefully about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5k more ($8,600 USD) ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I work every now and again for the bank where mum is Finance director doing jobs that all employed people it is a waste of resources to do. :P Oh well not bad 9-5 works out at $700 a week if I work full day.

I worked as a technician at university, was getting ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã7.46 an hour ($15 US I think). Quit in August to concentrate on my studies.

X1nPw.png

--The Ultimate RuneScape Merchanting Website --

Freelance car audio installer. Heres a tip, work for yourself, its SO much more rewarding. Basically I had all the kids who wanted systems coming to me offering me money to hook them up. I did just that, and made some big bucks.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I used to work at the deli of one of the biggest supermarkets in Holland. It was a great job, I learned a lot, had great collegues, I was good at my job and I got a pretty decent payment. When I got 19 I was fired because I was too expensive. >.> Yesterday I had my first working day at the Free Record Shop (A music/dvd store), I don't really like the work, but I need to earn cash of course.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I've had several jobs through my highschool years. I've delivered a weekly newspaper and worked on the fields in the summer (roses and leek). Once I was 16 I applied for a job at a supermarket, I've been working there for about 4.5 years now.

Great collegues and generally a job that I enjoy. Sadly I'm becoming to expensive, however there's nobody who's cheaper that can replace me :D

So hopefully I'll be able to keep working every other saturday for the coming year.

Aside from that I'm working on a litterature research (applications of Sensing Probe Microscopes in research in industrial laboratory) for a rather large company. I've nearly finished it.

Once it's finished I'll receive 1300 euro for about 160 hours work :D And the best thing is that I actually receive study points for it.

vvvsig.gif

Like one of my teachers said, high school should be your full time job and no sacrifices should be made on that...

...but anywayz... I work at a shop taking customers' orders. lol, some of the people you meet are just so stupid its not even funny.

image1ne5.png