04-Jun-2010 - Behind the Scenes � June

Beloved

I really hate to be a MHL but this month really seems lacking. I have never liked the idea of the court cases because it really does not seem to 'fit' Runescape. Given that the cases are to be structured like modern cases of evidence, prosecutors, defenses... how is that fantasy? Then the rewards. Costume rewards seem fitting but as these are dependant on rare drops, it seems like another Royal set that serves no purpose except to cost money. a status symbol if you will. I however see this as plausible for the content and will probably be a good addition. The combat experience makes no sense. I mean I understand that prosecuting would be 'attacking' the defendant and the defense would be, well, defense but it seems that the whole thing focus more on logic which to me would better fit magic. I don't know... just not up my ally.

Just be happy that courtroom cases weren't remade into a 'Law' skill. \:D/

RuneScape not really a fantasy MMO to me. It has tons of real life references, non-so-creative item names, NPCs acting really modernistic.... It's just a game without a strong lore, and pretty much anything goes.

Edit: testing out this emote.... \:D/

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Jagex didn't say something was going to be released in the BTS. Does it mean there will be no other actual updates? Maybe jagex wants something to be a surprise still.

adding new functionality to the Orb of Oculus (machinima camera)

I wonder what that could be :twss:...I feel like a kid at Christmas. Now to see if my hopes will be cruelly dashed! Meh, I will probably still be happy nevertheless :P.

Just to annoy you it will be released the last week of this month probably :P

howlin1eeveesig.png

Anyone remember the "Fart Button" that we joked about in the Twitter thread? 50k says it's part of the Orb of Oculus improvements.

I'll take that bet.

And NOW I'm excited about the content. See I am not hard to please. It does not take much. That 50k is as good as mine.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

In b4 level 91-97 high level req rage (because it seems to be referring to combat level lmao.)

Court cases are interesting and I hope this extends rewards of void stuff. Or makes getting points faster ;-; don't wanna get my void back... still...

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I do like how they basically don't fool around. They tell you the highest req. is 42 str XD how is that intermediate.

Looking forward to it, not the court cases tho.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

This sounds like a great month.

First off the court cases in my opinion will only be something that will be sought after for the first couple weeks. After that, it will be something people will do because they have to. Such as if one case is required to complete for a treasure trail step, that thats the only time people will ever do it. But who knows, it could actually be fun? On another note, how are strength and attack xp (from the rewards) related to helping solve a court case? Would be much better if we got lamps as rewards so that a player could choose.

The next major thing is the new three part quest series. Sounds great, and in my eyes it looks like its going to start small (requirement wise) and then finish with some decent level requirements. With that comes a new activity? If the quest is realted to pest control, is this new activity going to be based of pest control? Like will the same monsters be involved? Only time will tell.

Finally, I'm glad that the Behind the Scenes are back. I always prefered reading a monthly article then the very randomly released development diary.

S2buxtG.png

Yaaa..!

So why the hell did they bring it back anyway?

Its a bit like taking away dessert telling us its unhealthy only to give it back years later with no reason as to why its now ok.

Anyway, stuff sounds bland but I am glad as I got exams and wish to play stuff I already know when I am fully finished. Month after I will be able to enjoy things better.

However '(level 91-97)' is debatable as to what they meant. To me it reads combat level but it may just be worded poorly. Kinda makes more sense if they meant skill level, not getting my hopes up until its worded better/released.

Don't play anymore but good to see BTS back :thumbup:

Maybe there's some hope for free trade again :mrgreen:

maybe there's also hope of the old wildy coming back. /sarcasm

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

However '(level 91-97)' is debatable as to what they meant. To me it reads combat level but it may just be worded poorly. Kinda makes more sense if they meant skill level, not getting my hopes up until its worded better/released.

They didn't mean combat lvl, unless you're somehow under the impression that combat lvls are assistable

Lord_Beloved.png

They didn't mean combat lvl, unless you're somehow under the impression that combat lvls are assistable

Combat level to presumably fight something for whatever items for the skill requirement to restore, which are assistable.

Also this month, we will be introducing ancient effigies to the game, available through high-level combat.

Then they talk about 91-97 which is read combat level since they need to use their skills. Poorly worded if they meant the skill requirements.

edit: Plus telling me im a '99'player because I got 99 smithing or a '77' player because I got 77 dung doesnt make sense. Ofcourse 91+ would also make more sense it still reads combat requirement despite 91-97.

Anyway I dont care that much. Overall to me it makes more sense to have skill requirements but its worded as combat. I rather not get my hopes up until its certain as its pointless.

Very happy to see the monthly behind the scenes. Being a typical pro-Jagex, removing BTS was a very big mistake, it was a feature that players liked and added no cost to their operations...

Can't wait to see what these updates means to the gameplay.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Yaaa..!

So why the hell did they bring it back anyway?

Its a bit like taking away dessert telling us its unhealthy only to give it back years later with no reason as to why its now ok.

Hi, and welcome back to the Behind the Scenes! We used to publish articles like this to let you know about upcoming updates, so you could plan ahead. For a number of reasons, we tried other ways of talking about content, but nothing was as popular as the Behind the Scenes. But now...its back!

howlin1eeveesig.png

On the front page it has this,

Things take a mysterious turn this month as we manipulate juries and interrogate witnesses in exciting new additions to the Seers’ Courthouse, examine ancient effigies with high-level (91+) skills and start a brand new 4-part storyline about the reclusive Void Knights...

Thats worded better. They aint perfect but the other bit was worded badly imo. (I thought frontpage had the same information as in the article, been ages seen bts that I forgot it different I suppose. Answers that though.)

edit: Guy above. :rolleyes: Thats not a reason. They had reasons for removing it and its irrelevant if other things failed. They havnt brought wild back for a reason too, same deal. Its back peddling and going against why they removed it to begin with without reasons as to why its now a 'good idea' than when they removed it.

Nothing has changed now since then.

I'm still holding reservations about the BTS. It seems glossy and nice now, but I remember how it was before if they missed an update by a week or held something back. The amount of flames they got if something got delayed was unbelievable, couple that with people speculating about updates from a few words and getting totally the wrong end of the stick and ranting too when the update wasn't what they had made it to be was annoying as hell. I can still see the same few people are going to rant about every update as it comes just as much as they did before.

But I will hold on and hope still.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

What they should do, as someone suggested on another thread, plan their updates so the whole thing is complete, with mainly only minor bug fixes before the month starts. That is most likely easier said than done, but... Might as well give it a try?

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

What they should do, as someone suggested on another thread, plan their updates so the whole thing is complete, with mainly only minor bug fixes before the month starts. That is most likely easier said than done, but... Might as well give it a try?

I'm hoping this is why they've brought back the BTS, actually. It's been said before, but I know myself and many others would be perfectly happy to endure a "no-update month" in order for Jagex to work ahead and release completed updates each week (regularly). Perhaps they've done so here, and are willing to announce each month's updates in a BTS because of it?

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I'm hoping this is why they've brought back the BTS, actually. It's been said before, but I know myself and many others would be perfectly happy to endure a "no-update month" in order for Jagex to work ahead and release completed updates each week (regularly). Perhaps they've done so here, and are willing to announce each month's updates in a BTS because of it?

I'm willing to do that as well (wait a month) however, I imagine Jagex will have an lolvacation month, and we will be stuck with stupid updates being delayed afterwards.

Also, many people base buying mems for the month based on the updates, so I'm sure Jagex took that into account.