04-Jun-2010 - Behind the Scenes � June

Beloved

We already knew about this upcoming update a good few weeks back, and you still have to act all surprised and irritated?

I'm expressing my view of it. It's sad that real life activites are put into the game. I've always loved RPG games for a reason - it has fantasy involved in it.

Realistic things put into it makes a RPG game more modern, which makes it more boring. I had about Modern times in literature history in Norwegian subject, and god how boring and hard it is to comprehend some of the texts.

Anyone else agree that modern activities taken from real life makes a RPG game boring? Please say so.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already knew about this upcoming update a good few weeks back, and you still have to act all surprised and irritated?

I'm expressing my view of it. It's sad that real life activites are put into the game. I've always loved RPG games for a reason - it has fantasy involved in it.

Realistic things put into it makes a RPG game more modern, which makes it more boring. I had about Modern times in literature history in Norwegian subject, and god how boring and hard it is to comprehend some of the texts.

Anyone else agree that modern activities taken from real life makes a RPG game boring? Please say so.

There are so many "real life" things and concepts in Runescape that I don't even know where to begin replying to you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

First CW and now BTS? You make me a happy man jagex.

I hope the Sir Tiffy one gives us more access to the "Temple Knight" gear and cant wait to see the new outfit.

Oh, and 90+ def req' armor please. :3

Popoto.~<3

There are so many "real life" things and concepts in Runescape that I don't even know where to begin replying to you.

Many of them work yeah and some event works with fantasy world. For example Smithing. But serious irl stuff is just plain crap. When i did the quest related to Merlin's quest, where you had to go to the court near Seers and Camelot, it was so bloody boring and stupid cutscenes..

Elf and God quest stories on the other hand are interesting. And i am eager to see rest of the stories. Court case? It's just stupid. But maybe it will be good...

But if it will be another lame content like Mobilising armies, Shattered hearts etc it will just another wasted attempt at good content.

If you are not satisfied right now.. Log off of runescape, Turn off your computer, Go kill yourself.. I honestly dont want you playing the game i love.

6 thumbs up for the return of BTS!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Court cases sound So-so depends on what the team makes of it Im a big law&order fan so im excited either way lol..

High lvl combat.. Hmm Please let the rewards be as good as projected but id just be happy for a new monster to kill. Thank god im maxed combat = D

Staycw.png

"Kill anything that moves, Pick up anything that drops." -Really Tho-

I forgot behind the scenes had gone, but woot, I love seeing what's in store for the entire month, it gets me prepared for things and allows me to plan what skills I wanna train.

Hmm the court cases sound cool, but it also gives me the impression it's another one of those small things that you do once and forget about in a month. Hopefully I'm wrong on this. The void knight quests sound epic, I'm glad they finally have a storyline. For years it seemed pest control was something forever forgotten in Jagex HQ. I'm looking forward to this month.

2vuhgcn.png

Happy to see BTS back. Ive missed it. As for the updates, nothing really grabs me though :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

only want that one dung update, batch 2, and high lvl diarys so sorta disspaointed

the high lvl skill things sound cool

court cases sound dumb

void series sounds awsome if its as good as the sw series is so far

a_final_name.png

only want that one dung update, batch 2, and high lvl diarys so sorta disspaointed

the high lvl skill things sound cool

court cases sound dumb

void series sounds awsome if its as good as the sw series is so far

batch 2 is the only update i want atm too but at leaest with behind the scense i can know its not coming this month. and if its not out next month and i get 99 i can feel free to chill a bit after 99 :P
StarViv.png

After 2008's Spirit of Summer and Summers End quests, and the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quests in 2009, we decided to release another complete quest series this year.

Uh....Which quest concluded the Mahjarrat series? Keyword being concluded. :unsure:

This.

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

After 2008's Spirit of Summer and Summer’s End quests, and the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quests in 2009, we decided to release another complete quest series this year.

Uh....Which quest concluded the Mahjarrat series? Keyword being concluded. :unsure:

This.

Jagex already said the Grandmaster quest "Ritual of the Mahjarrat" will conclude the series near the end of this year. That BTS quote was referring to all the preceding quests that took place in 2009. Granted, they shouldn't have said "another complete series" but you know what they meant ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Court cases I'm unsure about, they could be interesting but the Murder Mystery quest wasn't too enjoyable and it seems they may be similar. I don't know why they have to give attack and defence xp though, it seems random and seems to be there just to stop pures from doing them.

The attack and defense exp should be simple enough to explain, really. In all likelyhood Prosecution will get the Attack experiece and the Defense will, of course, get the Defense experience.

nuc_sol.png

That is the most ridiculous yet best reasoning that I have heard about this.

For some reason I'd enjoy training my stats this way instead of actually fighting. Instead of going through so many waves for Jad, I could just take them all to court!

8f14270694.jpg

For some reason I'd enjoy training my stats this way instead of actually fighting. Instead of going through so many waves for Jad, I could just take them all to court!

"Sir, your client is accused of 1 hitting my client. how do you plead?"

"Not guilty!"

"Then how do you explain this video of the event?"

"OBJECTION!!!!" "said video is blurry and out of focus! You can't tell if that is my client!"

"Overruled! Proceed, Mr. Right."

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

"Sir, your client is accused of 1 hitting my client. how do you plead?"

"Not guilty!"

"Then how do you explain this video of the event?"

"OBJECTION!!!!" "said video is blurry and out of focus! You can't tell if that is my client!"

"Overruled! Proceed, Mr. Right."

"We also have a reliable testimony from a close worker of yours. If the bailiff would please play the tape-"

*cut to video that is obviously an Yt-HurKot (healer) but with it's eyes blurred*

I am nice. . .

I wonder how rare these court summons are. 5 different cases to start with isn't a lot. Even 16 cases aren't that much. Maybe you can solve them in different ways to maintain some variety i guess.

I like having the BTS back, now let's see if they can release all the updates mentioned in them.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

They'll still probably do the Twitter hints because we don't know which content will be released first do we?

It's always been in order of the BTS.

Personally i think its not necessary to be in an exact order like it used to be. A rough outline of whats to come is all we can ask for really, give Nexus the space to shuffle around a bit...

And jagex confirmed they'll keep doing twitter hints but in a modified form (whatever that means :P)

Lord_Beloved.png

They'll still probably do the Twitter hints because we don't know which content will be released first do we?

It's always been in order of the BTS.

Personally i think its not necessary to be in an exact order like it used to be. A rough outline of whats to come is all we can ask for really, give Nexus the space to shuffle around a bit...

And jagex confirmed they'll keep doing twitter hints but in a modified form (whatever that means :P)

my guess would be updates not in the bts that they weren't sure were going to drop that month.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

I wonder how rare these court summons are. 5 different cases to start with isn't a lot. Even 16 cases aren't that much. Maybe you can solve them in different ways to maintain some variety i guess.

I like having the BTS back, now let's see if they can release all the updates mentioned in them.

And let's also see if players can avoid throwing temper tantrums if they miss a date or two, which might cause the BTS to go away again....

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

And let's also see if players can avoid throwing temper tantrums if they miss a date or two, which might cause the BTS to go away again....

RS kids NOT having a tantrum? Qeltar, have you temporarily lost your mind?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png