Don't take it personally, please.

Vyleo

Before I made a Runescape account, I played video games competitively. Yes, I was living my childhood dream of making money doing what I loved in my spare time. While I didn't have a deal or contract, I was managing to pull in anywhere from $10 to as much as $60 a time. Not bad, especially for a teenager. Anyways, during my career, I noticed that competitive gaming can truly bring out a person's worse aspects personality wise. Whenever occurring a loss, people would pout, act rude, and turn into an all around jackass. While I had a temper myself, never did I take it out on another.

One of the primary reasons I retired was the community. I simply hated how cruel the people could and would get. In order to escape it, I took up this MMO and laid down my controller for a more casual game. Needless to say, I simply could not escape the anger. Take for example today. While playing Fist of Guthix, I was constantly called a "nerd", "loser", and even some obscenities - all for merely running away. I don't understand why people can get so mad for me playing my role, the hunted. After all, I'd chase after my prey if I was a hunter. But I digress. Why is it that games seem to bring out the worst in people? Shrug it off and play harder next time is what I say.

That's the attitude you you have when you go into any type game competitive or casual there are jerks in both of them the only thing that matters is that you should have fun.

Oh and games bring out the worst in people because it's that competitive drive that makes us want to be stronger to prove that we are better than the other man so we can have bragging rights basically.

uff2.jpg

welcome to runescape, the native habitat of noobs. people in FOG arent happy unless you stand there and die for them. (i run just to piss them off.) Seriously tho, you see he best and worst of people in this game.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Well, personally I find it annoying when people much lower level than me run in FoG (especially on f2p), it's just a waste of my time. On the other hand; if we are about equal, I prefer it that we both play our roles properly.

How much is too much lower? I'm level 65 combat and have beaten plenty of 100+ that get easily annoyed. I'll admit, if they are higher than 120+, I usually don't bother. But if all the person being hunted is going to do is go to the center and pray, I definitely have a good chance of winning. Running and hugging are very good strategies that can equalize FoG considering high levels already have a tremendous advantage.

Well, personally I find it annoying when people much lower level than me run in FoG (especially on f2p), it's just a waste of my time. On the other hand; if we are about equal, I prefer it that we both play our roles properly.

How much is too much lower? I'm level 65 combat and have beaten plenty of 100+ that get easily annoyed. I'll admit, if they are higher than 120+, I usually don't bother. But if all the person being hunted is going to do is go to the center and pray, I definitely have a good chance of winning. Running and hugging are very good strategies that can equalize FoG considering high levels already have a tremendous advantage.

I'm talking less than lv50, I'm around cb lv 118 on f2p.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to catch a runner if you've got a bow+addy arrows with you. If they start using the portals, they're killing themselves faster.

Before I made a Runescape account, I played video games competitively. Yes, I was living my childhood dream of making money doing what I loved in my spare time. While I didn't have a deal or contract, I was managing to pull in anywhere from $10 to as much as $60 a time. Not bad, especially for a teenager. Anyways, during my career, I noticed that competitive gaming can truly bring out a person's worse aspects personality wise. Whenever occurring a loss, people would pout, act rude, and turn into an all around jackass. While I had a temper myself, never did I take it out on another.

One of the primary reasons I retired was the community. I simply hated how cruel the people could and would get. In order to escape it, I took up this MMO and laid down my controller for a more casual game. Needless to say, I simply could not escape the anger. Take for example today. While playing Fist of Guthix, I was constantly called a "nerd", "loser", and even some obscenities - all for merely running away. I don't understand why people can get so mad for me playing my role, the hunted. After all, I'd chase after my prey if I was a hunter. But I digress. Why is it that games seem to bring out the worst in people? Shrug it off and play harder next time is what I say.

I will tell you why. Because it makes us rage when we can't pound your wimpy body with our AMAZING weapons. We hate it when you employ tactics and don't fight us straight up. Its like the fuzz get mad when a criminal runs away.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I will tell you why. Because it makes us rage when we can't pound your wimpy body with our AMAZING weapons. We hate it when you employ tactics and don't fight us straight up. Its like the fuzz get mad when a criminal runs away.

In free to play, everyone has an amazing weapon. Also, higher levels are not obligated to win. They should have to work like everyone else to gain tokens. Level is arbitrary, to an extent, in minigames. It should always come down to skill.

I'm talking less than lv50, I'm around cb lv 118 on f2p.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to catch a runner if you've got a bow+addy arrows with you. If they start using the portals, they're killing themselves faster.

Then I agree with you. If the battle is clearly not winnable, then yes, running can become annoying. But if the match up is 60-40 not in your favor, a little skill can even things out.

How does the hunted play their role properly without running. Seriously, it at least gives them a few extra charges before they die.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

How does the hunted play their role properly without running. Seriously, it at least gives them a few extra charges before they die.

And they lose.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Why run against extremely low leveled opponents, first of all? Even if you center-tank, it will take them a long time to kill you.

If it's something in the higher levels, that's when you should run.

If the opponent is significantly higher leveled than you, give up. You're not going to win either way.

But it's still fun to piss people off. :P Isn't that what a game is about, having fun?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

While playing Fist of Guthix, I was constantly called a "nerd", "loser", and even some obscenities - all for merely running away. I don't understand why people can get so mad for me playing my role, the hunted. After all, I'd chase after my prey if I was a hunter.

Not sure if the other people who even posted play FOG.

The majority of people playing fog are there to TRAIN MAGIC.

They don't CARE about tokens.

If paired with someone like you a wall-hugger / hider it is frustarting.

In your rant you fail to mention how often the people you are hunting just remain at the center of the game collecting charges.

If I was paired up with someone like you I would simply exit.

It's an unwritten rule that most players play by where they just go to the middle to speed things up.

Try it sometime -.-

You still get tokens.

I guess it's just my personality but if I"m playing a game and I'm being insulted, then maybe the problem is not other's its you.

Try reading a guide or two on how to play FOG and use your observations for how others play.

If the person you are hunting directly goes to middle you should as well.

Runescape people communicate by insulting you if what you are doing negatively impacts their gameplay.

Stop being selfish.

And FYI jagex creates mini-games and the way they are actually played by RS players are two different versions.

Don't believe the Jagex version of how to play a mini-game.

While playing Fist of Guthix, I was constantly called a "nerd", "loser", and even some obscenities - all for merely running away. I don't understand why people can get so mad for me playing my role, the hunted. After all, I'd chase after my prey if I was a hunter.
Not sure if the other people who even posted play FOG.The majority of people playing fog are there to TRAIN MAGIC.They don't CARE about tokens.If paired with someone like you a wall-hugger / hider it is frustarting.In your rant you fail to mention how often the people you are hunting just remain at the center of the game collecting charges.If I was paired up with someone like you I would simply exit.It's an unwritten rule that most players play by where they just go to the middle to speed things up.Try it sometime -.-You still get tokens.I guess it's just my personality but if I"m playing a game and I'm being insulted, then maybe the problem is not other's its you.Try reading a guide or two on how to play FOG and use your observations for how others play.If the person you are hunting directly goes to middle you should as well.Runescape people communicate by insulting you if what you are doing negatively impacts their gameplay.Stop being selfish.And FYI jagex creates mini-games and the way they are actually played by RS players are two different versions.Don't believe the Jagex version of how to play a mini-game.

You sir, fail on so many levels that it hurts my eyes.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Seriously, does it matter what the other players are at FoG for, what they think of you, how much chance there is of you winning, etc? You're playing the game for your own enjoyment, not to allow other players to get tokens/magic exp/what have you, not to get e-respect from a bunch of idiots probably somewhere halfway across the world, or to lose simply because it is virtually impossible for a level 40 to beat a level 125.

Simply put - play the game as you like. Go irritate people if you feel like it, don't care about whether they "respect" you or not, don't care whether you're wasting their time by not allowing them to gain magic exp/tokens/whatever.

Simply put - play the game as you like. Go irritate people if you feel like it, don't care about whether they "respect" you or not, don't care whether you're wasting their time by not allowing them to gain magic exp/tokens/whatever.

In your rant you fail to mention how often the people you are hunting just remain at the center of the game collecting charges.

It's an unwritten rule that most players play by where they just go to the middle to speed things up.

Try it sometime -.-

You still get tokens.

I guess it's just my personality but if I"m playing a game and I'm being insulted, then maybe the problem is not other's its you.

Try reading a guide or two on how to play FOG and use your observations for how others play.

Runescape people communicate by insulting you if what you are doing negatively impacts their gameplay.

Stop being selfish.

And FYI jagex creates mini-games and the way they are actually played by RS players are two different versions.

So your saying that by using correct techniques and strategies, to help maximise the tokens gained per game is the incorrect way? and he should just stand their and die?

Seriously you fail if you think like that, Yeah most people go to train magic in FOG because they can't afford runes, they can't expect people to play the way they want to.

Oh and he is'nt being selfish its the opponent, who wants the game to go their way, so they get the most out of it.

Try it sometime -.-

You still get tokens.

Stop being selfish.

You are one of those players that I hope I dont meet in FOG. My intention is to get tokens, and for that I need to win with lots of charges. I do whatever I can to get there. Running and hiding is part of the game. Its not like I am cheating.

Your points are totally bogus and idiotic.

"If your opponent goes to the middle, so should you" - What have you been smoking? It is a minigame designed to test your wits against someone else's. And if you are too dimwitted and just stand, then it is your fault if you lose.

"try reading a guide of FOG and I'll understand that tanking in middle is the best way" - I read some of guides in this forum and other forums and nowhere was I able to come to the conclusion that tanking in middle was best. It only works if lvl 100+ is fighting lvl 30s. I have over 7000 rating, so dont even go there.

"stop being selfish" - I loved this comment. So you are saying that I should sacrifice some tokens so that I improve the common good of RS. This isn't real life. We are not looking for the socially optimum solution here. It is a competitive game, meaning that our aim is win. Plus, some of us play for tokens and rating, so losing is not an option for me.

"dont believe the jagex way of playing fog" - Unfortunately, the outcome of running and hiding is from simple game theory. If I can deviate from tanking in the middle to increase my tokens output, then I will do it. Similarly, if my opponent can deviate from tanking in the middle to increase his/her tokens output, he will do it. The resulting equilibrium is that both players run and hide.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Try it sometime -.-

You still get tokens.

Stop being selfish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.