Are there any "old school" players still out there?

tjd123

I really don't uderstand the legit title for those players- you can do things how you want(and the almost in your post really ruins you), but there is nothing more legitimate about how you do it, and as you have propably found already, theres no need to come up with prepostrous titles when they already exist.

As for DIY players, it was much easier to be one in rsc because of the trade restrictions- they were the only reason fletching was considered a hard skill and if you really wanted to train a skill, even trading for the raw materials took ages. I still remember all the talk and anticipation of how trading would be solved in rs2, bank to bank trading and stuff. Notes really weren't fathomable at the time.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Inb4itam69

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

This way of playing seems more stupid than legit.

So you people will [cabbage] all over someone who decides to play as a DIYer but glorify some ridiculous [bleep] who got lvl 99 slayer strictly from SW? Honestly, how people play the game is how they want to. "It's not efficient!!!!!!!!!!"... not everyone plays the game for that reason you ignorant people. That's like asking someone who decided to build their own house why they did that instead of hiring someone to do it for them in 2 weeks. There's a sense of accomplishment that comes with this kind of stuff.

I'm not agreeing with the use of the term legit, just the idea that some of you are dumb.

Walt_SA.png

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

Ya i have to say it doesnt really matter how you play the game its your life and how you play and what makes you happy and enjoy the game is up to each player. Anyway I for the most part I DIY and started at the begining of 2001. I had 2 99s at the end of RS1 str and attack hp was at 97 and def was a at 95 if i recall(well im at work and i cant log into classic to check but i think those are the numbers) at one point i was the 97th best player on the fighter scores. Anyway check out my stats(im not saying they are good) they are 95% entirely DIY the only thing i buy is half the coal needed for smelting adam bars. This can give you an idea of what someone who plays nearly everyday for over 9 years, never took a break of more then a week, can do with DIY. I just play for fun dont care about grinding or 99 capes or any of that crap.

I do everything myself, the only things I by are like you said armor and weapons.

I don't get how DIYers are inefficient, my methods allow me to train several skills at once. For example, when i'm mining I gather materials to train my smithing and in the course of that I will accumulate gems which will allow me to train crafting, once I craft my amulets I will enchant them and once I smithe my steel plates (what I always mine ore for) I will then alch them which trains my magic. Rather than just buying materials so I can train one skill all the way to whatever I wanted i'm training several, it may not be as easy but not everyone has the money to just go out and buy their skills especially in f2p.

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

I do everything myself, the only things I by are like you said armor and weapons.

I don't get how DIYers are inefficient, my methods allow me to train several skills at once. For example, when i'm mining I gather materials to train my smithing and in the course of that I will accumulate gems which will allow me to train crafting, once I craft my amulets I will enchant them and once I smithe my steel plates (what I always mine ore for) I will then alch them which trains my magic. Rather than just buying materials so I can train one skill all the way to whatever I wanted i'm training several, it may not be as easy but not everyone has the money to just go out and buy their skills especially in f2p.

It's inefficient because it would be faster to powertrain unbuyables, and use the time you save to make money quickly and powertrain buyables.

When you start thinknig about the details of what is labeled "Legit" here, there are times where it makes the game LESS enjoyable.

I try to DIY anything that will earn experience, however I patently refuse to do things that either earn NO exp or earn very, very low rates of experience.

For example, while I get my coal from Miscellania and would mine my own mithril/addy/rune, I would NOT mine the tin and copper needed to make bronze and smelt / smith (if needed for a quest, for example).

Additionally, I'd never pick flax, mine all of my essence (aside from what I get from the wizard in ardougne, or during my shattered hearts chase).

I enjoy DIY for the overall game experience, but there is a tipping point where it stops being noble and enjoyable and skews into "massive time waste and glaring inefficiency".

Hopefully everyone is somewhere between 100% DIY and complete powerleveling; I can't imagine the game is too much fun without a little bit of balance in there.

stormveritas.png

Mostly DIY - certainly on herbs, fish, logs etc- a lot of DIY methods do give you some XP in the production skills - and even though they might not be the most efficient ways of levelling the prodcution skills - it somehow makes the levelling less boring knowing you are also building up the resources.

Often tend to GE to buy things for quests though. - doesn't seem worth going through the whole process of making a bronze bar, just for one bronze bar.

I still play, but only once in a few days.

By the way, I chopped my own logs for level 99 firemaking, simply because I wanted to save money. :D

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

so do you like, personally rc / get from drops every rune you use for every spell?

fletch every arrow, bolt and dart?

smith, craft or get from drops every weapon and piece of armor?

RUN THROUGH THE WILDERNESS TO BUY YOUR OWN [bleep]IN TEAM CAPES????? :OOO

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

in classic ALOT of people bought materials, being self sufficient has nothing to do with being old school

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln