Bonecrusher training ideas?

MrLeitexxx

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonecrusher really isn't great prayer xp an hour. Even if you get 125k attack xp an hour(which would mean serious turmoiling/overloading) you'd gt around 25k prayer xp an hour at green dragons or around 20k an hour at blue dragons. It's not worth it at any other monsters.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

And anyone using bone crusher on dragon is plain stupid.

But yeah its not worth to train purposefully with it. Just go do slayer, or bandits or AZs or w/e with it and smile as the prayer xp u normall miss rolls in

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bonecrusher maxes out at like 60k exp/hour and like 50gp/exp, iirc, according to Bedman. It's both slower and more costly then normal prayer.

I would strongly advise against the purchase of a bonecrusher, that's just pure opinion though n

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Bonecrusher maxes out at like 60k exp/hour and like 50gp/exp, iirc, according to Bedman. It's both slower and more costly then normal prayer.

I would strongly advise against the purchase of a bonecrusher, that's just pure opinion though n

Thats because its not meant to be a purpose training item.

In reality if you just use it when you fight (cept like dragons) its great.

It costs 0gp/xp because if w/e combat trianing you do while carrying it should be stuff you'd of done anyway meaning all the costs are unrelated to the bones.

And it may not be fast but it does add up overtime and thus chip away at the cost of getting that elusive 99.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

wow lol, didn't think I would get quoted on that. That was a very rough estimation though, and I actually think I came out with other numbers I think. In any case, it's not worth it just for training.

It would be a great item for lower level players if you could actually get it at 21 dungeoneering. Just saying.

Even with the hunter buff they made, I still think the bonecrusher is too overpriced/not very useful.

I think either need to:

1. Massively drop the price, like maybe to the point where you can ACTUALLY buy it at level 21.

2. Give it another buff like all bones that it autoburies get a 2x multiplier.

It would be a great item for lower level players if you could actually get it at 21 dungeoneering. Just saying.

Even with the hunter buff they made, I still think the bonecrusher is too overpriced/not very useful.

I think either need to:

1. Massively drop the price, like maybe to the point where you can ACTUALLY buy it at level 21.

This is how the game gets ruined...just think of the people in rsc who killed monsters 7 times slower, buried all bones and got their prayer levels up to 70... The prayer xp you get from a bonecrusher does add up and if you are medium-leveled it is a great item to own, but it's certainly not an item to get fast prayer xp, rather free prayer xp. I don't think jagex wanted the bonecrusher to compete with altaring bones in terms of speed, but surely in terms of cost.

The bonescrusher is meant for *incidental* prayer training. Not as something you specifically set out to do.

For example, if you have a Slayer task of 150 fire giants, it gives you "free" Prayer XP roughly equivalent to using 10 sets of dragon bones on a gilded altar.

It was completely overpriced when it first came out, and slightly overpriced with the price change. But with the Hunter update, it is now a very good item. Because not having to drop or bury bones speeds up many types of Hunter training considerably.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

heres an idea: get some knives and kill chickes/gnomes i bet you could manage 40k prayer per hour

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

heres an idea: get some knives and kill chickes/gnomes i bet you could manage 40k prayer per hour

There are only 6000 server ticks per hour, so the max would be 27k. And of course, you could never kill one per server tick anyway.

Much smarter ways of training prayer.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

120k+ range xp on chickens? you'd be lucky to get half of that, the spawns aren't even that fast.

120k+ range xp on chickens? you'd be lucky to get half of that, the spawns aren't even that fast.

Hehe, that's 10k chickens an hour. Even dags in light tower with cannon are like 700 kills an hour max?

This is how the game gets ruined...just think of the people in rsc who killed monsters 7 times slower, buried all bones and got their prayer levels up to 70... The prayer xp you get from a bonecrusher does add up and if you are medium-leveled it is a great item to own, but it's certainly not an item to get fast prayer xp, rather free prayer xp. I don't think jagex wanted the bonecrusher to compete with altaring bones in terms of speed, but surely in terms of cost.

That was then and this is now. Sure people feel that their skills are devalued, but does that mean Jagex should never introduce any better means of training? I myself had level 50 prayer in RSC.

I don't think the bonecrusher even when with a 2x multiplier would be that close in competition with altaring. Altaring is 3.5x the speed and you're also doing full inventories of bones at a time. This is just as fast as you can kill them and still with a lower bonus.

When compared with a lot of other items like the stream necklace, coal bag, or the chaotic weapons, the bonecrusher seems a little lacklustre. You're training dungeoneering right not for the sole purpose of getting these rewards, a spot on the leaderboards, or because you find it fun, but by far the rewards are the most significant reason for most. Why not make the rewards worth the time?

In ape atoll, that'd be pointless, because you're moving bones all the time anyway.

I agree with the person who said it would be good if you could get it at 21. Expect like 500k prayer exp from th bonecrusher over the lifetime of your runescape career.

And if you saved for a chaotic weapon or something, it'd go even faster/cheaper.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I think either need to:

Ideally, you would get as much Prayer XP as you would HitPoints XP for defeating an opponent. As it is, values are incredibly skewed and have been from the start.

The game came broken in the package. All skills should be nearly equal in time to train and usefulness, but they're not. Keeping something broken fixes only your vindictiveness.

How about bringing it along with chinning...

At Ape Atoll you would only be hurting yourself. You NEED the bones on the ground for the skeletal gorillas to spawn out of them, so that you have more targets, so that the damage stacks more.

2dgucz6.png